Tiny guarantees win vs Missouri next week

Good grief. People are acting like Tiny called a press conference and gave a 20 minute speech on why we would beat Mizzou next week. It was a few press members talking to him in the locker room, and he voiced his confidence in a very off the cuff manner. Get the fawk over it people.

Reactions: 7 people
After seeing an injured Shaw torch that Mizzou secondary, it gives me faith that Dobbs can come in and pick them apart with his feet and his legs. He looked sharp today against the best defense in the country today, and he played fearlessly. Just hope to see a better performance from our secondary, and D-line next week, we're gonna need it.

Reactions: 1 person
That's not exactly what he said. He said if we (the team) can snap and clear we can come back and beat Mizzou, I gaurantee you that.

I think his statement was a guarantee contingent upon our teams ability to move past this loss. Not exactly an outright guarantee.

Thanks for posting this. Everyone is taking what he said out of context. He did not say that he guarantees we are going to beat Missouri. They are leaving parts of it out which is typical of the media.

@wesrucker247: FULL Tiny quote: "Like I said, snap and clear. That's all we've got to do, and we'll beat Missouri. I promise you that."
@Antonio_Tiny74: I said it! #team117

clears that up. close thread.
GO VOLS!!!

Reactions: 4 people
1st thing Tiny needs to do is get better focused, not hurt us with his penalties, dominate his man and be the Leader to get everyone to forget bama and get focused now on Mizzou and start learning how to beat them and get some WINS on the road.

He's a big boy and should be playing much better this season but what I've seen his do this season tells me he needs another year at Tennessee to learn more, prove himself and get his draft stock up alot higher or he'll lose lots of $$$$ if he leaves early.

USCe pulled a miracle comeback to beat Mizzou in OT so that should motivate our Vols and let them know that they CAN go to Columbia and come home with a big road WIN if they work hard enough this week.

Don't talk it, just DO IT and talk all you want after you get the WIN!

1st you WIN and then you've earned the bragging rights for a year.

I like our chances against Mizzou even though it's going to be really tough and we'll have to play our best.

#BrickbyBrick...VFL...GBO!!!

Good grief. People are acting like Tiny called a press conference and gave a 20 minute speech on why we would beat Mizzou next week. It was a few press members talking to him in the locker room, and he voiced his confidence in a very off the cuff manner. Get the fawk over it people.

And that's why I don't get on here anymore

@wesrucker247: FULL Tiny quote: "Like I said, snap and clear. That's all we've got to do, and we'll beat Missouri. I promise you that."
@Antonio_Tiny74: I said it! #team117

clears that up. close thread.
GO VOLS!!!

Having just come back from reading Rucker's twitter feed, I would not trust a word that he reports.

Fun thread. Wonder how many wish they'd made their comments at the bar instead of on a message board where they live forever? :)

Reactions: 3 people
Normally I wouldn't like a comment like that, but I like it here. The only thing is that Tiny better protect Dobbs(presuming Dobbs starts) like never before cause he will have a target on his back next week. The only thing about comments like that is that it can put teammates in difficult spot.

The reason I am okay with a guarantee is that it shows he is still focused. You still have 2 HUGE opportunities ahead and these guys need to focus. The team could come out of that game demoralized and just give in. What they need to understand is that yesterday's game means nothing. Bama makes everyone look like that, I don't feel it is a barometer of where the team is. Games like UGA, USC, Mizzou, Aub are bigger indicators of where the team is imo.
It won't get tougher than Oregon and Bama, these guys need to know that. I think these guys need to do whatever gets them up for this next stretch because this could still be a very good season. The thing about a brutal schedule is it gives you a ton of opportunities to get in the national limelight, and UT has 2 of those in the next 2 weeks. Get it.

Last edited:
Missouri couldn't even beat SC at home. SC gave them so many chances. We have a chance anyway. They were definitely overrated

Agreed . The receivers were hit in the hands 4 times at key moments and recorded drops. These catches alone would not have won the game ..but would have contributed to keeping us in the game.

I am a huge Butch believer. I think the guy has us going in the right direction and I think he will be okay in a couple of years after he has a couple of years of recruiting.

I did not get our running game at all today. Anyone with pee-wee football knowledge knew that we could not run to Bamas edges . We had to run head on where there was a chance and we could negate their speed. Yet we kept going to the edges.

We did the same thing with USC by trying to throw the passes to the flat instead of going downfield. It almost got Neal injured. USC outside LB's were too quick.

Sounds like the players have already decided who they can beat and who they can't. Explains the shell shock that they showed against Alabama and Oregon. They made up their minds that they couldn't win before kickoff.

Sounds like the players have already decided who they can beat and who they can't. Explains the shell shock that they showed against Alabama and Oregon. They made up their minds that they couldn't win before kickoff.

I disagree with that 110% I think it's obvious the players didn't give up. The garbage TDs at the end of the game proved otherwise. Fact is we played two superior teams talent wise that weren't going to let us score in those games . It just shows everyone in the program that the recruiting is going to have to go to a high level to get us to where we want to go. Butch is already working on the recruiting. You can say quitting during the Dooley era---the Kentucky and Vandy losses not withstanding NOT with Butch.

VN Store

Back