Time to Reverse the Mojo!

Boca Vol

Originally from Exit 81
Lab Rat
I would normally begin with getting rid of the "Woo" in Rocky Top but I realize that is a lost cause...but I will still rant like Grampa Simpson on this topic.

With that said, let's start with a couple of easy fixes:

1. Paint the orange border in the endzones like they had until '94. There is a misconception the checkerboards extended the whole endzone prior to '94 but it was simply an orange border.

2. Replace the off-colored orange goal post pads with the white pads with "correct" orange V O L S letters.

Simple changes to hopefully reverse this mess we're in.

Last edited:
I would normally begin with getting rid of the "Woo" in Rocky Top but I realize that is a lost cause...but I will still rant like Grampa Simpson on this topic.

1. Paint the orange border in the endzones like they had until '94. There is a misconception the checkerboards extended the whole endzone prior to '94 but it was simply an orange border.

2. Replace the off-colored orange goal post pads with the white pads with "correct" orange V O L S letters.

I will never woo

Winning won’t happen without mojo sprinkled around. I’d like to see one that has been missing since the games were broadcast on black and white television. That’s the reason they went to visitors wearing white jerseys.

View attachment 373249

Either 57 is jumping off the backs of a couple of players or he has some serious hops!

Either 57 is jumping off the backs of a couple of players or he has some serious hops!
I'd like to know who that is. I think Steve Kiner, but could be wrong.

Edit: Looked it up. Has to be Kiner.

Edit to the Edit: Going back to the original picture.. The link below had this line, (and wouldn't it be sweet to hear these kind of accolades again, yes we need mojo):

Kiner was SEC Defensive Player of the Year thanks in part to Tennessee's 41-14 victory over Alabama in 1969. The linebacker had five sacks, 11 tackles with five assists, four quarterback hurries, an interception and a forced fumble.

Steve Kiner - Football - University of Tennessee Athletics
Notice in this picture, no white visiting team jersey. I really wish they would go back to this.

1623431281787.png

Last edited:

Burn the god awful smokey greys. Good riddance, give me Orange and White!!

I'd like to know who that is. I think Steve Kiner, but could be wrong.

Edit: Looked it up. Has to be Kiner.

Edit to the Edit: Going back to the original picture.. The link below had this line, (and wouldn't it be sweet to hear these kind of accolades again, yes we need mojo):

Kiner was SEC Defensive Player of the Year thanks in part to Tennessee's 41-14 victory over Alabama in 1969. The linebacker had five sacks, 11 tackles with five assists, four quarterback hurries, an interception and a forced fumble.

Steve Kiner - Football - University of Tennessee Athletics
Notice in this picture, no white visiting team jersey. I really wish they would go back to this.

View attachment 373346

Solid work, pt! I've seen pics of UT/Bama in home jerseys but this pic vs. Auburn is awesome! How cool would it be for SEC games played in home jerseys (unless they were too similar like aTM vs. Miss. St., etc.)?

Reactions: ptcarter
BigOrangeMojo > MojoMofo

As mentioned earlier, bringing the V O L S letters back = winning
The V O L S letters from the south end zone should have never left the stadium, they were way beyond cool and SHOULD be brought back to the stadium and reinstalled someplace overlooking the field. Preferably south end zone again.

And then burn all remaining university copies of Mike Hamilton’s A.D. contracts at midfield during halftime of the season opener this fall.

VN Store

Back