Time to raid LSU

I’m surprised the way LSU administration is, he isn’t already gone. I don’t think they’re going to wait to much longer. He better get it together quickly.

I understand coaches aren’t gonna win the NC every year, but the drop off after Burrow left was obvious.

He’s not leaving Lafayette. He understands the pressure at the SEC level. His current situation affords him the opportunity to build a program in a desirable place with a decent salary and VERY reasonable expectations. Big time college coaching jobs are not sustainable. His perspective is different than most.
I tend to very much agree

You're correct in thwt this isn't a sustainable model
Human nature is to chase the big parts of anything
But if more coaches had Napier perspective, college football would be much better as a whole.

I do not know the man so I can't say for certainty that he has this perspective. But it appears he does.
Regardless, the sport would be better if it weren't like it is currently

Reactions: Birdie
I tend to very much agree

You're correct in thwt this isn't a sustainable model
Human nature is to chase the big parts of anything
But if more coaches had Napier perspective, college football would be much better as a whole.

I do not know the man so I can't say for certainty that he has this perspective. But it appears he does.
Regardless, the sport would be better if it weren't like it is currently

I’m a ULL Alum and live in Lafayette. I’m not close to the program, but the vibe around here is that he very much enjoys recruiting the I-10 corridor at a University with reasonable expectations. He’s fit in well with the Cajun culture as well.

Reactions: igotworms
Hard to believe a head coach wins a national championship and two years later there is talk of him getting fired.

With that said, I wouldn't be surprised if LSU somehow wins their next two games.

Chizik 2.0 without the gift of gab.
The natives are very restless, he'll probably get canned.

He gone. They haven’t played Alabama, Florida, Ole Miss, A&M, and Arkansas. He’ll be lucky to finish 6-6.

LSU has culture problems. A lot of players there are interested solely in playing in the NFL. LSU is just a apprentice program for them. They sit out at first sign of things starting bad. EdO built that recruiting that way. Credit, Saban & Smart. They recruit the same quality athlete but they have their kids playing CFB first.

Nope. It’s ugly both on the field & off. I’m not sure he coaches the Bama game after last night.

I seen references to some off-field stuff but haven’t researched what it’s all about. Given today’s environment, that could definitely bring him down.

VN Store

Back