Time to move on from Tim Banks

Banks should be fired tomorrow. 3rd year and he keeps playing Haden and McCullough!!!!!
That tells you something or at least it should.
Offense played Ollie.

Depth . We don’t have it.
Doubt we’d keep playing weak links if we had better.
We got some young more talented but they might not be ready

Reactions: OptimisticFan
Absolute nonsense. As I said elsewhere, we gave up 349 yards and 62 of that was from Hadden trying to hip the ball carrier to the ground (on a play where Herring would have filled the hole if he hadn't been mugged). Joe's horrific int (with an idiotic personal foul thrown in) gave them a 9 yard field. The second longest play was 18 yards. 7 TFLs and one big play. A couple too many third down conversions.
Coach Banks' D played well enough to win if the offense had had any first half consistency.

(TexasVolfan1: this was not a response to your post. Sorry I followed your post with "Absolute nonsense...")

Defense was not the problem tonight. Tacking was bad I agree 100%. They can’t keep saving the offense going 3 and out the entire first half outside of the first drive.

They actually were a huge issue tonight. Horrible Tackling, couldn't get off the field on 3rd down, undisciplined penalties on both sides of the ball. Both the offense and def were really bad.

Absolute nonsense. As I said elsewhere, we gave up 349 yards and 62 of that was from Hadden trying to hip the ball carrier to the ground (on a play where Herring would have filled the hole if he hadn't been mugged). Joe's horrific int (with an idiotic personal foul thrown in) gave them a 9 yard field. The second longest play was 18 yards. 7 TFLs and one big play. A couple too many third down conversions.
Coach Banks' D played well enough to win if the offense had had any first half consistency.

(TexasVolfan1: this was not a response to your post. Sorry I followed your post with "Absolute nonsense...")

This response is absolute nonsense. Fla went Vanilla in the 2nd half because they had a hurt QB. If they had needed to score more they would have.

Three classes under his belt, the depth/talent is this staff’s.
Yep 3 classes. 1st class was lucky if we got decent backup quality after the sh$t the previous coaches left. 2nd still lingering effects of it, 3rd definitely trending up.
Going to take more than 3 to be anywhere close to where we need to be.

Yep 3 classes. 1st class was lucky if we got decent backup quality after the sh$t the previous coaches left. 2nd still lingering effects of it, 3rd definitely trending up.
Going to take more than 3 to be anywhere close to where we need to be.
Funny this wasn’t an issue LAST YEAR in year 2. Less time under his belt and closer to the mass exodus of players and we weren’t making excuses. Now he has no talent or depth but it’s not on him.

Are you kidding? They did whatever they wanted in the first half. Too little too late.
Bad tackling and 3rd down conversions in the first half, killing the clock. Bad field position on a INT…adjusted after a debacle second qtr to see the offense not able to score inside the red zone. Defense overcame…offense lost this game from the timeouts and Joe not recognizing to snap the ball on the 4th and short when players were running off the field. Instead of scoring, TOD.

Reactions: papatomany
Funny this wasn’t an issue LAST YEAR in year 2. Less time under his belt and closer to the mass exodus of players and we weren’t making excuses. Now he has no talent or depth but it’s not on him.
Stupid take. It was an issue, difference is 4-5 of them players made the world of difference.
We replaced them with some that one day May be as good or better but to expect them to step in this year is ignorant.
Nico May we’ll be better than Hooker in time, same with some others like seldon and others but not this year.

Stupid take. It was an issue, difference is 4-5 of them players made the world of difference.
We replaced them with some that one day May be as good or better but to expect them to step in this year is ignorant.
Nico May well be better than Hooker in time, same with some others like seldon and others but not this year.
All we heard all off-season, from the staff mind you, is how much more depth we have this year vs the first two. Now we have fans saying we have no depth. We have 25 Seniors in our 2 deep, UF has 20 true FR in their 2 deep; it’s time to stop making excuses.

Wow - I could not disagree more…. I remember my first beer after a game we should not have lost.

Our defense had a bad half. They were lights out in the 2nd half. Had we not been jobbed be the refs and wasted timeouts and had stupid penalties, we might have pulled it out.
Banks sucks.... end of story. His game plan was trash and so was the effort. Yes they regrouped at the half. Played better yet again Florida went soft and killed clock

Reactions: lifeisdeep
Offense having multiple 3 and outs and Milton gifting them an interception punt had nothing to do with that??
Three and out or not its the first ***** half. So no they dont get credit for what they don't achieve. Your job is to get stops and get off the field. They do not do that well. Florida was 7/8 on third down at halftime. They also had 26 points. Yes the Milton pick didnt help.

At this point if upper classmen cant get the job done lets play the younger guys and build. Nico will likely play at some point as the strater this year.

This is a Willie Martinez issue. Plain and simple.
This is a thread from last year’s performance against Florida and Banks’ comments. Does my comment above sound familiar? Rinse and repeat. Heupel has a stubborn streak in him that needs to go. He messed up hiring Martinez and Banks. Own it and move on.

Reactions: igotworms and 08Vol
This is a thread from last year’s performance against Florida and Banks’ comments. Does my comment above sound familiar? Rinse and repeat. Heupel has a stubborn streak in him that needs to go. He messed up hiring Martinez and Banks. Own it and move on.
His entire strategy of hiring assistants is starting to become suspect.

Reactions: 08Vol
“stats don’t always tell the story”…….bet if his group was playing lights out they would

They only gave up 350 total yards, which doesn’t look that bad on paper. But, when you look at the matador effort in the first half, it is a totally different story.

I think he is saying the opposite of your interpretation.

His scheme was terrible in the first half. Totally passive.

Reactions: 08Vol
Oh my god.....we can't start with the "fire Heupel.....fire Banks" stuff on here people. Give them a chance to bounce back!

South Carolina & last night I felt he had no clue what to do to stop them. Sal Sinseri-like.

VN Store

Back