Time Out on JG................

I would like to propose a Time Out on JG bashing until the 3rd game of the 2019 season. Comments?

Good luck with that. VN is infested with haters of various species who often have specific targets. I'm going to deny the oft-stated claim that "haters gonna hate." No sir, that's just isn't true. The real motivation is right here------>

Why? JG is a redshirt Junior. If he can’t figure it by now, why should he be free from legit criticism? Also, he is hit garbage as a QB, so I reject your proposal.

What's hit garbage?

Why? JG is a redshirt Junior. If he can’t figure it by now, why should he be free from legit criticism? Also, he is hit garbage as a QB, so I reject your proposal.

@sjt18

Regarding our exchange yesterday, Im Curious what you think, troll?

Chaney going to get us a Crompton style comeback. JG will be fine.

I believe so too. I think its interesting that these guys that have no confidence, to say the least, in JG, haven't said anything about that. I mean you would think if they really wanted JG to improve and prove them wrong, they would at least acknowledge there is some hope with Chaney.

But Nope.

I would like to propose a Time Out on JG bashing until the 3rd game of the 2019 season. Comments?
I posed this question on here a couple of times last season, never got a response. According to JG in an interview this week, it would seem he did not have the option to change the play at the LOS or change protection. Might have something to do with him getting sacked so many times or not throwing to an open receiver. Lets hold judgement until we see what he can do with that luxury this season.

I believe so too. I think its interesting that these guys that have no confidence, to say the least, in JG, haven't said anything about that. I mean you would think if they really wanted JG to improve and prove them wrong, they would at least acknowledge there is some hope with Chaney.

But Nope.
Battered Vol Syndrome is real. I think JG will be greatly improved, but I doubt the offensive line will be any different. First day of practice and we are already scrambling for bodies, running walk-ons. I am ******* sic and tired of not having a line.

Okay let’s state facts not opinions but opinions don’t count in the real world. For all of you arm chair qbs and arm chair coaches here on VN. Last season Tennessee quarterbacks had an average of 2.1 seconds to throw the ball that was last in the SEC and was above 100 in the country. JG knew everytime a pass play was called he was going to get hit and usually by multiple players (sometimes his own Oline). I don’t remeber the exact number but I know at one point last year he led the nation in being knocked down. Everyone out yourself in his shoes by the third or fourth game of the year he had been sacked or knocked down around 40 times. By that point confidence in his line and himself would had to be low. Eventually the pain of being hit overshadows the play on the field. Here is another fact for you guys Peyton Manning last two seasons here he had over 3.5 seconds to throw the ball actually 3.8 his senior season.

Since this is an opinionated board I will throw one of mine in. Tua at Bama would not have lasted five games here last year. He had over 3 seconds to throw last year and came out almost every game with an injury. He was hit and sacked less than half of JG was and still had issues with injuries.

So now you guys can bash my JG facts.

Okay let’s state facts not opinions but opinions don’t count in the real world. For all of you arm chair qbs and arm chair coaches here on VN. Last season Tennessee quarterbacks had an average of 2.1 seconds to throw the ball that was last in the SEC and was above 100 in the country. JG knew everytime a pass play was called he was going to get hit and usually by multiple players (sometimes his own Oline). I don’t remeber the exact number but I know at one point last year he led the nation in being knocked down. Everyone out yourself in his shoes by the third or fourth game of the year he had been sacked or knocked down around 40 times. By that point confidence in his line and himself would had to be low. Eventually the pain of being hit overshadows the play on the field. Here is another fact for you guys Peyton Manning last two seasons here he had over 3.5 seconds to throw the ball actually 3.8 his senior season.

Since this is an opinionated board I will throw one of mine in. Tua at Bama would not have lasted five games here last year. He had over 3 seconds to throw last year and came out almost every game with an injury. He was hit and sacked less than half of JG was and still had issues with injuries.

Beat Vandy. That is what he will rightfully be judged with.

I approve your moxie and reward you with a like.

The only way this ends if if JG goes slap the eff off this season......And even then, in true VN style, haters gon hate
It’ll never end with the handful of JG haters on here, no matter what he does. Look at the good strides he made last year from the year before.....it made no difference whatsoever to the guys who only wanna see what they wanna see regarding JG. Trust me, he could win the Heisman on the way to leading Tennessee to 15-0 and a national title and the same guys would be saying the same things.

OP. Wait until I see a couple of 2 minute videos from practice warming up against air. Add in a handful of comments from a couple of sports beat reporters with college degrees in journalism.

Armed with that, I'll be able to definitively tell you all who should be trashed and who shouldn't. Give me till April.

Never saw the need to talk trash about someone who gives their all for the team I love.I will however talk up a backup at that position if I feel a change is needed. Sometimes no matter how much a player loves the team he's just not good enough, don't believe that to be a reason to talk trash about them. I remember in my youth plenty of things I wasn't as good at as I would have liked and I'm sure that goes for everybody not just JG and I. It's amazing to me how much the people in the states have changed over the years. JMO

Guess we need to wait til the FL game to criticize anybody on the team if this is the case.

Pretty sure OP was talking about the children that say stupid chit like "JG is Hot Garbage".

Also pretty sure you knew what he meant but this is your way of justifying it.

Personally I don't really mind it, it adds to the VN experience.

I can't think of one legitimate reason to bash the young man.

I, for one, have been hard on JG. But my definition of the word "bash" is hitting something hard. So. I looked the word up (Siri). The second answer was "severe criticism". For those why choose the second, I want you to know that is not what I mean to do. (I define bashing by the first answer). What I say about JG's short comings are not meant to "bash" they are only what I see when he plays. For those who define "bashing" by the second answer, I am sorry. To JG (if he gives a damn or pays attention to the dumb as--- like me) I apologize.

Reactions: LittleVol
I, for one, have been hard on JG. But my definition of the word "bash" is hitting something hard. So. I looked the word up (Siri). The second answer was "severe criticism". For those why choose the second, I want you to know that is not what I mean to do. (I define bashing by the first answer). What I say about JG's short comings are not meant to "bash" they are only what I see when he plays. For those who define "bashing" by the second answer, I am sorry. To JG (if he gives a damn or pays attention to the dumb as--- like me) I apologize.

What do you see as his short comings?

What do you see as his short comings?
Guess you will have to look back at past posts. I can't remember, there have been so many of my own and "likes" for others who have not been very complementary of his abilities. But I never have questioned his desire or effort, they should not ever be questioned. The guy does give a 110% effort all the time. (not like some players in the recent past)

Reactions: LittleVol

VN Store

Back