Time For Pearl To Go.

Coach Pearl has done alot for Tennessee basketball, but the previous two games were we had the ball at half court and 3.5 sec left. And the best we can do is two darn near half court prayers... I think he is losing his edge but then again, alot of pressure on him right now anyway.

A win is win when a team is struggling. It doesn't matter to me how good Belmont is. I'll take the W.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Belmont hasn't proved they are good.

They also haven't proven that they are crappy....as you are asserting.

Since they have appeared in 3 of the last 5 NCAA tournaments, it is reasonable to treat them as a decent opponent. Given the last 3 games, we should take the win, move on, and continue to look for improvement.

They also haven't proven that they are crappy....as you are asserting.

Since they have appeared in 3 of the last 5 NCAA tournaments, it is reasonable to treat them as a decent opponent. Given the last 3 games, we should take the win, move on, and continue to look for improvement.

I'm not asserting they suck, I said they're solid but not "good"

I'm not asserting they suck, I said they're solid but not "good"

I dont think anyone is popping the champagne over the win. However, the win, no matter what subjective spin one wants to place on it is much better than trying to explain a loss.

Should we be ecstatic over this win? No, but we can at least go to bed knowing that we have a win. This is a perfect game IMO due to the fact that we played poorly and have a lot of different aspects to keep improving to be that team that can consistently perform like we did vs. Nova and Pitt.

So I Guess Since Hat Capitalizes The First Letter In Every Word In The Thread Title Everyone Thinks It Makes Their Threads Valid If They Start Doing It.

I thought Pearl actually injected some energy and was a spark there on that little run we went on. Playing Pearl was not the reason this game was as close as it was.

Belmont game is the icing on the cake. Beat a Belmont team who could not throw one in the ocean by 1 point. You play you're son down the stretch instead of Maymon who is a better defensive player/rebounder. You run ZERO, and i repeat, ZERO plays for our best player Tobias Harris. All i can say is we're lucky Belmont decided not to play defense the last possession. We have all the talent in the world, but with this coaching we will not make the tournament.

Word of advice: sit down, shut up, and just be happy we won.

Bottom line is that Pearl will be gone sometime this year anyways due to the 'AA laying the hammer down. There's no point in defending Pearl because he has his most talented team ever and has coached them to the worst 4 game stretch of his time here. It would be better for everyone if he just resigned now.

Bottom line is that Pearl will be gone sometime this year anyways due to the 'AA laying the hammer down. There's no point in defending Pearl because he has his most talented team ever and has coached them to the worst 4 game stretch of his time here. It would be better for everyone if he just resigned now.

And yet for some strange reason they were picked fourth in the east.

I think Pearl will make it to the end of the year.

Insanity must be contagious. Bad two weeks and people forget what happened last March or even how the first seven games of this season went. Get a damn grip. Some people around here have the emotional control of a twelve year old girl.

It doesn't matter what we did last year or even at the beginning of the year. It is about how the team is playing right now. Right now, we're playing like a 10 seed.

We at least got a win. Had we made our free throws in the first half the game would not have been close. Steven Pearl gave us a spark but then threw the ball back in under the Belmont basket...layup...Got beat on a screen..2 points...makes a senseless foul out away from the basket...made 2 free throws. He needs to stay on the bench. He most definitely does not need to be on the floor the last 2 minutes of a game. Maybe after Christmas this team will refocus and play like they can. Hopson is the key. We haven't lost in games where he has 17 or more points. Just take it to the basket. GO VOLS!

VN Store

Back