Tim Banks

1. Who’s going to be QB next year?
2. Ran the ball 3 straight times & couldn’t get a first down.
3. Let a mediocre QB who the week before couldn’t hit the side of a barn light up our secondary for over 400 yds.
4. Pi$$ poor defensive coaching. Banks should be on the hot seat. He sucked & most TN fans saw it

Yup......

Really? I hope you realize what the coaches have had to fight regarding negative recruiting. Every school told kids Tennessee would get bowl bans, etc cause of Cornbreads actions. There’s still alittle of it but not much. This is why Tennessee now has 4 4* DBs committed. It takes time to rebuild a defense these days. Great offensive players are everywhere. Not as easy on great defensive players.
NIL solves that.

We beat Florida, and some moron starts a thread bitching about the dc. Smdh…. It must be hard going through life with such a negative outlook…

Honestly.... we're all TN fans here (you and I wouldn't be here if we weren't)

Was there ANYTHING about last night's game that bothered you?

Maybe the fact that FL could've Dobb Nailed boot us?

So, let me get this straight. Against PITT, he saved us. Against UF, he should be fired. Umm ok. Yeah sure. This is deletion worthy.

Let’s fire the special teams coach too while we’re at it! Darn onside kick almost cost us the game. Blue font

Could have doesn’t mean they did. We won.. Be happy with it. How many times in the past did we almost pull off big wins? Were you happy about those losses?
Honestly Heupel has these guys playing above their talent level right now. If he can hold it in the road and win 10 games, recruiting will get a huge boost, and it won’t be long until we are knocking off Georgia and bama. This is by far the best coaching staff we have had since the fulmer days. Do they look perfect? No, but it’s been a long time since Tennessee not play their best game, and still won against a quality opponent. They have beaten Pitt and Florida, and didn’t play great in either game. Maybe they have a great game and knock off uga or bama.

They did at the end. Even so the DL got some pressure
Our secondary and depth at linebacker are our biggest problems. But linebackers are playing hard, we need the secondary to improve as we go on. We have some young guys that need to keep improving back there as well. Our play up front has been very solid in my opinion. Florida’s running backs did not make any real big plays on the ground. Richardson made 3-4 of the best passes he has made all year. Hey we are 4-0, after where we were at before Heupel and staff got here to where we are now how is amazing. This staff is hungry and loves what there doing, they will learn from their mistakes and get better just like our team will as well. 4-0 and have a week off to get healthy and work on things. GBO!!!!

Could have doesn’t mean they did. We won.. Be happy with it. How many times in the past did we almost pull off big wins? Were you happy about those losses?
Honestly Heupel has these guys playing above their talent level right now. If he can hold it in the road and win 10 games, recruiting will get a huge boost, and it won’t be long until we are knocking off Georgia and bama. This is by far the best coaching staff we have had since the fulmer days. Do they look perfect? No, but it’s been a long time since Tennessee not play their best game, and still won against a quality opponent. They have beaten Pitt and Florida, and didn’t play great in either game. Maybe they have a great game and knock off uga or bama.

OK.... I like winning games... (TN has... they're 4-0)

I prefer dominating games....

But when the coaches are coaching dumb stuff? I get to point that out.......

Would’ve could’ve is the talk of losers. They didn’t we intercepted and we won! We won and Florida lost and that is all that matters the game is over.

Would’ve could’ve is the talk of losers. They didn’t we intercepted and we won! We won and Florida lost and that is all that matters the game is over.

I don't want to be in a position where a Dobb nailed boot could win a game..... TN was last night

I'm more of a "crush your enemies before you and hear the lamentations of their women" kinda guy....

You know...we have done a lot of losing in the past decade. We have had close, heartbreaking losses, and we have had absolute beatdowns handed to us. We have had respectable losses, and we have had unexplainable losses.

I'm at the point where I don't care how we do it. I don't care if we give up 40 to win by 1 point. I don't care if the QB passes for 600 yards. I don't care if we turn the ball over 7 times.

I just care that we win. We are not so entitled that we get to demand perfection from our guys when just a few years ago we only won 4 games. We don't get to gripe about how our defense gives up a ton when we were absolutely ravaged by the transfer portal in Heup's first year, and an investigation that literally couldn't cheat its way into the very results we are seeing now.

We are winning. We are winning games we couldn't win last year. Would I LOVE to totally dominate opponents? Yes. But I also just love seeing the growth as we progress towards being better and better. I love watching the BVS slowly get pushed out of my soul.

That is more than enough for me, because the last I checked, we have been begging for more of that the past 15 years.

I don't want to be in a position where a Dobb nailed boot could win a game..... TN was last night

I'm more of a "crush your enemies before you and hear the lamentations of their women" kinda guy....
All games don’t always work out like that. I agree we can finish better, everybody wants to put it away. We have something to work on for sure. It’s a lot easier working when your 4-0 though! GBO!

We beat Florida, and some moron starts a thread bitching about the dc. Smdh…. It must be hard going through life with such a negative outlook…

So I just want to be clear. In a win, no TN fan can ever bring up any deficiencies they see in the team. Every TN win our team plays absolutely perfect and is without flaw and criticism. If you even bring up the slightest concern you automatically are a negavol. Is that correct?

Reactions: hardesty02
Our secondary and depth at linebacker are our biggest problems. But linebackers are playing hard, we need the secondary to improve as we go on. We have some young guys that need to keep improving back there as well. Our play up front has been very solid in my opinion. Florida’s running backs did not make any real big plays on the ground. Richardson made 3-4 of the best passes he has made all year. Hey we are 4-0, after where we were at before Heupel and staff got here to where we are now how is amazing. This staff is hungry and loves what there doing, they will learn from their mistakes and get better just like our team will as well. 4-0 and have a week off to get healthy and work on things. GBO!!!!
Agree with all of that. I'm not ready to throw Banks under the bus. But I'm not buying him yet. I like the position coaches but some of the scheming and playcalling are questionable.

The secondary play has to get better regardless of the cause. I'm not convinced it is all a lack of talent. Others are pretty much throwing the players under the bus.

We definitely were not in zone the entire game. The reason we were in zone at all is because their QB can run
Sorry 90% of game my bad. Not trying to argue or down you for your Opinion. I’ll say it this way in my opinion we need a new defense coordinator that is aggressive not one who will just keep plays in front of them. 456 yards passing is not good in my opinion

VN Store

Back