Tim Banks Wikipedia

Fellas/ladies. Florida did not play the second half looking to utilize their offense. They played clock control. Literally just wound down the clock as much as possible with bs little runs until 3rd down. Our defense did not suddenly improve at the half, gators switch to nursing this lead mode. Also, Mertz was quite literally bleeding from his hands which I would assume limits air yards.

Don’t be fooled. This Defense still sucks. Bye Tim Banks.

If you go back and watch the game, especially in the first half, the Gators were getting away with holds right in front of the refs on what should have set up 3rd and longs with penalties. It happened several times and wasn’t just the lineman. Their WR’s were holding our DB’s at times, not just blocking them. No way were those refs not on the take last night.

I don’t know that we would have won, it certainly affected our drives and theirs. It’s hard for me to watch sports when that blatantly corrupt garbage is going on.

Told you this place was going to be miserable for the rest of the year. We got fans already turning on heupel.
It’s actually amazing to watch.
I had us losing 3 this year before the season started
So we’re right around where I thought we’d be.

Last night sucked but it can be fixed easily enough.
Last year SoCar lost to a very bad Florida team by 28-35 points (too lazy to look it up) before finishing strong starting with beating us. We could put it together at any time and become world beaters.
Or. We could struggle the rest of the way. This was always a rebuilding year to get us to the next stage.

Are you in the keys? I’ll be down there fishing in April for the first time and might need some local knowledge

It’s actually amazing to watch.
I had us losing 3 this year before the season started
So we’re right around where I thought we’d be.

Last night sucked but it can be fixed easily enough.
Last year SoCar lost to a very bad Florida team by 28-35 points (too lazy to look it up) before finishing strong starting with beating us. We could put it together at any time and become world beaters.
Or. We could struggle the rest of the way. This was always a rebuilding year to get us to the next stage.

Are you in the keys? I’ll be down there fishing in April for the first time and might need some local knowledge
Team is poorly disciplined, o-line depth is atrocious, defensive line got bullied the first half by a very suspect oline. These things don’t get fixed overnight.

I always find it comical when people use wiki to show their displeasure. Well deserved in this case. When they threw those 7 or whatever it was in a row to the same guy #3 I actually thought it was becoming funny. He was pretty open every time and I don’t mean behind somebody. The defense just didn’t pick him up. It was like Florida had planned an experiment around him.

Reactions: 08Vol
Told you this place was going to be miserable for the rest of the year. We got fans already turning on heupel.

Not excusing the outcome but I don’t think there’s any rational UT fans left.

Either that or they’ve completely lost their minds.

Reactions: Smokey19rt
Team is poorly disciplined, o-line depth is atrocious, defensive line got bullied the first half by a very suspect oline. These things don’t get fixed overnight.
Sometimes they do.
Not saying they will. Just that it’s possible. You get the veteran back in the middle and suddenly all the line confusion goes away.
or maybe it’s a learning experience year.

We will see

Don't think people are turning on Huepel. We're legitimately concerned that he may not be a really good coach like we thought.
I don't expect great coaches to produce that level of a bad showing in his 3rd year. To get completely outcoached by a 2nd year guy everyone thinks is getting fired.
To continuously make questionable decisions.
To continuously have a badly unprepared team on the road in big games.
We've also seen this before with Dobbs being the reason Butch looked good.
If he doesn't get rid of Banks and Martinez, he's toast.
Next year they're losing a ton of experience and good players. I can't imagine how they would be better than what was/is possible this year.

VN Store

Back