Tim Banks to MTSU?

Hey, Lt. Columbo, why don't you go flip some burgers at the house or something?
Wait til your next coaches call in show. I’m coming for you, now.

( BTW, I’d never say this to your face or even via email, but you’re becoming my favorite poster here due to your participation in nonsense for comedic purposes. The Seinfeld reference will always win me over)

7-8 wins would be nice. Since 2018, they have won 7+ games 1 time. And 1 winning season since 2018. If they had won 7-8 games every year last 5 years, Stockstill would still be the coach.
There's more losing seasons than I honestly remembered off the top of my head in the last 5-6 years, but 2018 was 8-6, 2021 7-6 and 2022 8-5(both those seasons counting bowl wins though).

Will be interesting to see if there's a coach who can come in and exceed that. Assuming Kill sticks at NMSU(I assume he will, lot lower stress there on his health and they're gonna love him for as long as he just keeps producing winning seasons given how poor their history is prior to him), they're going to remain a contender in the Sun Belt, and it seems Liberty might be able to continue their success post-Freeze, though that may only last as long as it takes for Chadwell to get a P5 coaching offer he likes.

Am I the only one who doesn't want to lose Banks and thinks he has done a good job?
No. He's the fan scapegoat. It's just rinse and repeat when underperforming.

We're rolling w mostly 3* talent v 4* talent in our top rivals. So, the masses clueless masses HAVE to fire someone asap, 1st a pos coach, then the DC, then the HC. They have little to no real knowledge of ANYTHING that happens on a daily basis. But a crowd of ignorance and high emotion can quickly form a narrative that takes on a life of its own.

Bellicheck couldn't form this group into a top 10 defense, when you consider the talent and the complimentary offensive scheme a DC is given here. If Heupel can upgrade the talent, then watch how great our new DC becomes

No. He's the fan scapegoat. It's just rinse and repeat when underperforming.

We're rolling w mostly 3* talent v 4* talent in our top rivals. So, the masses clueless masses HAVE to fire someone asap, 1st a pos coach, then the DC, then the HC. They have little to no real knowledge of ANYTHING that happens on a daily basis. But a crowd of ignorance and high emotion can quickly form a narrative that takes on a life of its own.

Bellicheck couldn't form this group into a top 10 defense, when you consider the talent and the complimentary offensive scheme a DC is given here. If Heupel can upgrade the talent, then watch how great our new DC becomes
Well said...but beware, you are using logic & common sense around here. Batten down the hatches & have faith. :cool:

Am I the only one who doesn't want to lose Banks and thinks he has done a good job?
Honestly, I'm not sure what we have in our coaching staff considering the level of talent they have to work with. Same for Martinez. While I'm not his biggest fan, he can only do so much with what he has. It's not like he's playing a soft zone with 4 Deon Sanders in his secondary. My rule for a head coach is never judge until he's had the chance to flip the roster and it's full of his kids. I know Banks operated this year with nothing more than a solid DL. The LBs were short handed and banged up. The secondary is full of guys that just have limitations and are a step or two slow. Not a real playmaker in the bunch. Banks might leave..might not. My focus is on how Heupel navigates these waters. Frankly, it's more about him than Banks. What will he do if Banks leaves? How does he limit portal damage to our existing roster and how effective is he in addressing our needs going into year 1 of the Nico era....assuming Nico hangs with UT. Heupel is the one I'm watching not Banks.

Is Banks even leaving? I'd say 1 more year to make a change in tightening up the defense with a DB coach that teaches the defender to look for the ball.

Reactions: feathersax
MTSU already has their guy, the details are just still being hammered out. I’m not at liberty to discuss the name, as I work for the university and could get myself into trouble but they’ve had their sights set on this target since before Coach Stockstill and co were let go.

Reactions: NetworkVol
Honestly, I'm not sure what we have in our coaching staff considering the level of talent they have to work with. Same for Martinez. While I'm not his biggest fan, he can only do so much with what he has. It's not like he's playing a soft zone with 4 Deon Sanders in his secondary. My rule for a head coach is never judge until he's had the chance to flip the roster and it's full of his kids. I know Banks operated this year with nothing more than a solid DL. The LBs were short handed and banged up. The secondary is full of guys that just have limitations and are a step or two slow. Not a real playmaker in the bunch. Banks might leave..might not. My focus is on how Heupel navigates these waters. Frankly, it's more about him than Banks. What will he do if Banks leaves? How does he limit portal damage to our existing roster and how effective is he in addressing our needs going into year 1 of the Nico era....assuming Nico hangs with UT. Heupel is the one I'm watching not Banks.
You tried to make good points. But lost all credit with assuming Nico stays

It’s official! Banks to MTSU! CJH is bringing in coach Sal Sunseri as DC. Coach Martinez has been given an extension with a large salary increase and will also coach the defensive line. Coach Garner has been released. Great news! ….

We have a base of good to serviceable players, just need a couple of playmakers that can make a difference

MTSU already has their guy, the details are just still being hammered out. I’m not at liberty to discuss the name, as I work for the university and could get myself into trouble but they’ve had their sights set on this target since before Coach Stockstill and co were let go.
When will it get publicly announced or your guess at least

I’m fine with Banks staying at least another year if Martinez is replaced.

The defensive “improvements“ everyone is raving about this year are based on such powerhouses as UVA, APSU & UCONN. We did little against any team that had a pulse.

Just looking at the scores alone, it’s obvious where the ”improvements“ came from.

Attachments

• IMG_1230.jpeg
    IMG_1230.jpeg
    187.6 KB · Views: 9

VN Store

Back