Tim Banks needs a pay raise

Bigorangedan23

Tim Banks no doubt has something going here. All of the players hurt and the lack of depth this guy has put together something we haven’t seen for awhile in Knoxville. What I took out of our defense was they never quit and they were gassed later into the 3rd quarter. No giving up at all even late in the 4th quarter. Imagine if we had depth what this defense could do.

Tim Banks no doubt has something going here. All of the players hurt and the lack of depth this guy has put together something we haven’t seen for awhile in Knoxville. What I took out of our defense was they never quit and they were gassed later into the 3rd quarter. No giving up at all even late in the 4th quarter. Imagine if we had depth what this defense could do.
Let's let him show it for a tad more than 8 games before we start throwing more money at him. What's next? Raises after a defensive stop? We're 4-4 not 7-1.

I'll put in a word on his behalf to D.White when I see some LBers recruited and developed. Also don't want to see UK's QB gashing us for 1st downs like Corral and Young have the past 2 weeks. Enough is enough !!! Go Big Orange !!!

Let's let him show it for a tad more than 8 games before we start throwing more money at him. What's next? Raises after a defensive stop? We're 4-4 not 7-1.
Jump the gun, it's what Vol fans do. The sample size has been good. The long term is where the raises come in.. We seem to never get to the long term part ...

I love this dude more than anything... he will be the reason we are BACK in a few years. Keep him as long as possible.. another 5plus stint is needed
I ain't gonna lie.. I was worried about this hire... This defense had played awesome. I keep thinking if we had two of each player to rotate what would this defense look like.. These guys may not always win the fight, but they dang sure leave some marks...

They actually made some adjustments at halftime. We haven't seen that in over 30 years

Here's an idea, instead of giving more money to coaches under contract, let boosters use that money for NIL deals to bring in players that can make a bigger difference than coaching ever could.

As I said in another forum...Now is NOT the time to add more years to contracts or to add BIG $$$ to their current contracts.

I also said that we MUST keep this coaching staff together for as long as possible.

At the end of this season I could see us showing all our coaching staff members that we really appreciate them jumping into our horrid dumpster fire and that we like the solid progress we've seen in their 1st year considering all the messes they had to clean up and how much was stacked against them.

I could live with giving them all a modest 10% raise/bonus and call it a cost of living increase if that was needed.

We can look at extending contracts or bigger raises after next season so we can see how much more improvements are made after their 2nd year.

We sure do NOT want to lose our D coordinator so we may have to fight and pony up more $$$ if another school comes calling to try to steal him away and that's true for any of our staff..

Do what?

We gave up 28 in the 4th

We lost to ole miss solely because of one play- Qb scramble

We lost to Pitt because we couldn’t contain QB

We let Bama go 6of7 on 3rd down in the first half of Bama because we didn’t get home.
That's not on the coach that's on the players. If you actually pay attention you would see the players are always in position they just don't always make the play. That's on the players

He will get his $ just not here. He will leave to be a HC somewhere soon. Lots of jobs going to be open in the off season his name will be mentioned in most of those.

I agree 100%, but with the entire TEAM.

These guys are building something up there, and can flat out COACH.

IMO the D will be fantastic once they get enough quality depth where they are able to sub with not as much decrease in ability, and aren't just completely gassed late 3rd/4th qtr against teams with good offenses.

At the end of the day, it really is about "the Jimmies and Joes".

VN Store

Back