Tim Banks defense...

I’ve done the tutorial for idiots commenting on Banks more than once. He’s a very good coordinator and a very good coach. In the Florida game, we lost our starting mlb and had to start an inexperienced player to make the calls and coverages. We bit on shifts due to the youth, and it cost us. Our young DBs like Jeudy Lally weren’t ready yet, and Florida called a great game. Good coaches’ teams improve throughout the year. This team has gotten better every game. That includes the DBs and the young backers. If you think Banks is a bad coach, you’re lost. Great defensive game tonight. Leave it to our fans to crap on a great performance by a young and improving unit.

It doesn't matter. Banks is the reason that Milton is struggling. Milton is being developed by the defense and not the offensive coaches......all Banks fault.

I just did. If you truly believe the defense made A&M look like garbage, you’re kidding yourselves. If we had lost this game or scrimmage or whatever that was played today, you’d be calling for Banks to be ran out of Tennessee. I guess you’re going to say that our offensive woes were due to their defense. Puhleeeeeese. All day all we heard was Milton sucks, Milton can’t throw, run more… which is more accurate of the reason we can’t really move the ball. A&M’s QB sucked, period. Had nothing to do with our defense. 🤣 Wtf…
He sucked because of our defense. Lol. He was 14-25 (56%) for 239 yards 1 TD 1 INT against bama.

Against UT he was 16-34 (47%) for 223 yards. No ints through the air and 2 INTs. His ground game outside of that TD was horrific. He totaled -22 yards.

In every way our defense made his life hell. On more attempts he threw for less yards than he did against bama. He threw one more pick than he did against bama. You can say it was because he sucked but you'd be wrong. Discounting the work the D did is asinine and not within the realm of this reality.

Also Did Milton have a bad game? Sure. But he had a better game against their defense than Max did against our defense. Milton was 11-22 (50%) for 100 yards 1 TD and 1 int. Joe put up positive yardage on the ground as well. Stepping out of bounds was inexcusable yes but you can't discount the defense on both sides of the ball for this game. Also if Keyton would have come down with the balls he should have caught, we would be having a different convo about Joe.

Reactions: DuckInAPen
Luck. Luck won this game. Let’s be realistic, A&M offense was horrible.
One of the most idiotic takes I've seen on a message board and that's saying a lot.

A&M was a play or two away from beating bama in Tuscaloosa last week and "they suck"? Their run D allowed 87 yards per game, best in the SEC, we torch them for 232 on the ground and " they suck"?

Their QB made some really nice throws actually, and was knocked down 14 times. Did you see the grass stains on his jersey?

What a weak, simpering, and yes, stupid take. Did you even make it past the third grade? 🤔

One of the most idiotic takes I've seen on a message board and that's saying a lot.

A&M was a play or two away from beating bama in Tuscaloosa last week and "they suck"? Their run D allowed 87 yards per game, best in the SEC, we torch them for 232 on the ground and " they suck"?

Their QB made some really nice throws actually, and was knocked down 14 times. Did you see the grass stains on his jersey?

What a weak, simpering, and yes, stupid take. Did you even make it past the third grade? 🤔
To be fair that game was in college station but everything else is correct.

Don't matter where they played.

D played well and is definitely improving, but we still see questionable play calls from Banks too often.
Questionable from an armchair perspective? Right. There are no perfect coaches or players. The whole team played well and we are improving from an also ran into a contender. Sure is great to see. GoVols.

...carried us today along with special teams. Can some of you stop calling for him to be fired after an opponent has one good drive?
It’s like a bunch of drunk emotional rednecks ( I include myself in this number) aren’t the best at evaluating coaching. I love it though there’s nothing like pissed of Tennessee fans. Y’all did the job in Neyland yesterday

Reactions: DuckInAPen
I like the aggression we play with. The corners can be a liability at times, but sometimes they play really well. I think as we continue to bring in classes and the talent gets deeper, this defense is going to be hell to play.

Our offense is dynamic...with the right QB. If Nico really is Him, then we are going to be in the playoffs in the next couple of years.

Reactions: papatomany
Simplest of things.

DBs turning their heads.
Db's not playing 10 yards off every play.
Db's using the sideline leverage.

U know...the stuff ur taught by a competent DB coach in high school.

Smfh
Jesus do you think Martinez has them playing off the ball ? He doesn't call plays. That's alignment and scheme

Such a weak argument on your part. People on here that believe Bama is still the same solid Bama of years past are stupid at best. 🤣🤣🤣

Such a weak argument on your part. People on here that believe Bama is still the same solid Bama of years past are stupid at best. 🤣🤣

But but but...I am sure you are predicting we lose by 3 TDs.

Anyone who can't see our D is much improved and one of the better D's in the SEC is just a straight up dumbass. Period, dot.

Reactions: swampfoxfan

VN Store

Back