Tillman recovering from "tightrope" ankle surgery

People close to the program say it’s a 2-4 week recovery. Tua came back in 3. If everything goes bad it’s 6. Don’t know where you got 8 from. What website?

H*ll, I tore ligaments in my ankle once early in the rugby season and never missed a match. As a matter of fact, I didn't even leave the match in which it happened.

Tua wasnt running routes every play, I dont think he will be back either but good news is we are loaded at receiver and him at 75% is probably no better than what we have already at 100%.

Tua wasnt running routes every play, I dont think he will be back either but good news is we are loaded at receiver and him at 75% is probably no better than what we have already at 100%.
Tua also came back before the normal recovery window. Tillman should be back after 5 weeks of recovery putting him close to 100% percent.

Those 6-8 numbers wouldn’t surprise me. Medical practitioners are going to be very conservative in most cases, and for good reasons. Athletes in programs like ours will be in much better shape than your average patient, will have tons of resources to help optimize their recovery, and people seeing that they do exactly what they need to in order to heal. So it’s not super surprising to see a faster recovery timetable.

Clear and reasonable explanation. Nicely done.

I’m sitting here watching Utah State vs BYU and I curse Akron every time the ticker continuously leads with Cedric having ankle surgery. 🤬

Tua came back after 3 weeks and had a career type game. Might be too optomistic, but see Ced potentially back sooner than everyone is whining about.

They had someone on 99.1 talking about this earlier this week. Referenced Tua coming back in 2 weeks. Said worst case should be Alabama and he might be available for LSU.

Reactions: Vol in Buckeye Land
Or sifflus...lol

Both ailments are on the upswing though. Easy to treat with antibiotics for now but iirc there are antibiotic resistant strains that can be treated with increasingly fewer meds effectively. Also syphilis symptoms can disappear and go latent. Late stage is really nasty. So if you notice something funny down under, probably should get it looked at. I dunno why but I felt the need to chime in with that 2 AM PSA.

People close to the program say it’s a 2-4 week recovery. Tua came back in 3. If everything goes bad it’s 6. Don’t know where you got 8 from. What website?

There is a difference in the to player's position. Tua was/is a QB, not required to do much flat out running, cutting, etc. Till on the other hand is required to run (most times flat out) cut on nearly ever play, jump on many plays, dive on many play and on and on. I expect Til will be out most of the year. Surely not back for Bama. (no need to rush him, wait til we need him for an expected tough win) Let's hope he can get another year if he doesn't get back.

H*ll, I tore ligaments in my ankle once early in the rugby season and never missed a match. As a matter of fact, I didn't even leave the match in which it happened.
Yeah the difference is the fine line of coach and athlete want to play. On the flip side the coach has to not risk the athletes future for sake of increasing odds of winning games along the way. Coaches and Universities are under more scrutiny than ever for putting damaged goods players in harms way earlier than they should.

Reactions: Stephen Gray

VN Store

Back