Tillman’s ankle procedure

If it's 6 to 8 weeks he is done playing at UT unless he suits it up one more time for a bowl game. There would absolutely be no reason at this point to risk injury against Mizzou and Vandy. I say this because he has a future at the next level, and I am certain Tillman has given his all for Tennessee.

I don’t know. Even a tiny fibula fracture that gets a plate is an easy 3 weeks minimum to even be healed. Then there’s at least a bit of rehab/conditioning. I’d be a bit surprised if it wasn’t more like 6-8 if it required surgery.

While what you said is true, he didn’t fracture anything. He has a high ankle sprain which is a sprain of the ligament that runs between the tibia and fibula. They did a tightrope procedure which essentially takes the stress off of that ligament to help it heal faster.

This surgery reduces the rehab time, not increases it. I wouldn’t be surprised if he were out for LSU, but my money would be on him being back for Bama.

He’ll be back when he’s ready. While no one can gauge that perfectly, his surgery was straightforward and went well. Let’s all hope he heals correctly, for his future. I don’t think they’ll do anything to risk his draft stock at this point.

Ugh…hardware in an ankle is bad news (at least in my experience). Out for LSU and probably Bama. I feel bad for him and the team. Prayers for a complete recovery ASAP.
Marquise brown had screws in his foot before he played his first game in the NFL.... went fine for him

VN Store

Back