Tight end Kyle Oliver leaving the program

Yay.

I hate the off-season.

First time I've seen blue font used in a way that didn't make me cringe, so props to you.

Aw hell, soap box: Using blue font is writin' skeert. If people don't pick up on your sarcasm, it is (a) their loss, and (b) funnier anyway. Blue font is like making a sarcastic joke in an overly exaggerated voice with big winks and giant air quotes. Kills the humor. In this case, K* just used it as a simple visual descriptive for comedic effect. Nice.

K, I'm done b*tchin'. Carry on, don't pay no nevermind.

Reactions: 3 people
Not knocking on Butch but can you not see these kids aren't competitive when he recruits them? We have never had so many transfers in the history of Tn football. These kids don't want to compete for playing time.

I would guess that college coaches have to rely on feedback from the kid's high school coaches as to the kid's character and work ethic. Even then the high school coach may not know the whole story or may embellish for the sake of his player to help him out. Sometimes you get the bear and sometimes the bear gets you.

@SwainEvent: There's one more freshman that if he doesnt straighten up, he will packing too.

Anyone got a clue who swain is referring to?

@SwainEvent: There's one more freshman that if he doesnt straighten up, he will packing too.

As long as it's not one of the 4 from the greatest dline class in history (Tuttle, Mckenzie, Phillips, and Taylor).

Martin Edit: please read my next post before pointing out the freshman status.

Last edited:

Catbone guessed this guy...whudya think?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 13
Reactions: 1 person
I think Swain knows Martin isn't a freshman.

Just figured if he wanted people to know it was a new guy, wording was open to adjustment. Otherwise, not much room left for guessing. But if he says it's not him anyway, I'm clueless.

I thought Bruce and Perry were the only 2 blue-shirts we had? I wish Helm would of stuck it out with the Vols. Helm and Wolf could of been a great duo at TE.

Think you are right. To my memory, Bruce and Perry were the blue shirts.

As to Helm, I had just got past that. Thanks for bringing it back up. :banghead2:

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back