Tiger Woods Chip = Ad For Nike

Originally posted by U-T@Apr 18, 2005 10:58 PM
Why would I waste my time calling you?

Facts still remain...many tour players use equipment that can be bought and used by a common golf player.....Nike clubs while a step lower are not as horrible as you make them out to be....with the balls occupying a roughly 8% of the market ball-wise...expect a increase to around 15% if not more.

I'm not going to get involved in your little quarrel . . . but that ball sucks. I don't care what you say. :p

:withstupid:

:lol:

I hope you are 15 years old or for the sake of arguing, please grow up.

Originally posted by GAVol+Apr 18, 2005 10:02 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (GAVol @ Apr 18, 2005 10:02 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-U&#045;T@Apr 18, 2005 10:58 PM
Why would I waste my time calling you?

Facts still remain...many tour players use equipment that can be bought and used by a common golf player.....Nike clubs while a step lower are not as horrible as you make them out to be....with the balls occupying a roughly 8% of the market ball-wise...expect a increase to around 15% if not more.

I&#39;m not going to get involved in your little quarrel . . . but that ball sucks. I don&#39;t care what you say. :p [/quote]
I have never played it. Was reading a nice article in the AJC today about it.

BTW, the ball that Woods used hasn&#39;t come out yet..... :moon2:

Donsarge, If you are so bad a golf, why do you argue over something so stupid? Come on man, take a chill pill. It just seems every time you come on here you just have something bad to say about someone, if it aint a lady playing a sport, a golfer you don&#39;t like, then you start trying to rip a fellow vol member. Take a chill pill man.

Originally posted by U&#045;T@Apr 18, 2005 11:03 PM

:D No . . . I&#39;m 32, have an extremely low handicap and I&#39;m telling you for your own good - don&#39;t waste your money on the Nike One golf ball. Think of it as a public service announcement. :D

Originally posted by GAVol+Apr 18, 2005 10:06 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (GAVol @ Apr 18, 2005 10:06 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-U&#045;T@Apr 18, 2005 11:03 PM

:D No . . . I&#39;m 32, have an extremely low handicap and I&#39;m telling you for your own good - don&#39;t waste your money on the Nike One golf ball. Think of it as a public service announcement. :D [/quote]
Was talking to don...not you :)

yep, people that buy their stuff know no better. 8% of the golf public are neuveau golfers that wear their hats backwards and only purchase what is precieved as cool, like Nike. Titleist, Spalding/Strata, Maxfli all make quality products.

Originally posted by donsargegolf@Apr 18, 2005 10:07 PM
yep, people that buy their stuff know no better. 8% of the golf public are neuveau golfers that wear their hats backwards and only purchase what is precieved as cool, like Nike. Titleist, Spalding/Strata, Maxfli all make quality products.

I&#39;m part of that 8%. I dont view golf as a sport, just something to do for fun. if I&#39;m going to play golf, I&#39;m going to look good while doing it. I could care less how far I drive the ball or not.

Originally posted by vols2345+Apr 18, 2005 10:09 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (vols2345 @ Apr 18, 2005 10:09 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-donsargegolf@Apr 18, 2005 10:07 PM
yep, people that buy their stuff  know no better. 8% of the golf public are neuveau golfers that wear their hats backwards and only purchase what is precieved as cool, like Nike. Titleist, Spalding/Strata, Maxfli all make quality products.

I&#39;m part of that 8%. I dont view golf as a sport, just something to do for fun. if I&#39;m going to play golf, I&#39;m going to look good while doing it. I could care less how far I drive the ball or not. [/quote]
Nike will appreciate your support. Flip your hat around backwards and look good. :dlol:

Originally posted by donsargegolf+Apr 18, 2005 10:11 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (donsargegolf @ Apr 18, 2005 10:11 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by vols2345@Apr 18, 2005 10:09 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-donsargegolf
@Apr 18, 2005 10:07 PM
yep, people that buy their stuff  know no better. 8% of the golf public are neuveau golfers that wear their hats backwards and only purchase what is precieved as cool, like Nike. Titleist, Spalding/Strata, Maxfli all make quality products.

I&#39;m part of that 8%. I dont view golf as a sport, just something to do for fun. if I&#39;m going to play golf, I&#39;m going to look good while doing it. I could care less how far I drive the ball or not.

Nike will appreciate your support. Flip your hat around backwards and look good. :dlol: [/quote]
You don&#39;t have to worry about that.

So don, Serious wueation, If i wanted to learn how to play from you, how much would it cost man. Im serious.

Originally posted by donsargegolf@Apr 18, 2005 10:07 PM

And with the publicity soon to continue if not rise due to Nike&#39;s soon-to-be commercial spike, expect that number to rise.

I won&#39;t be buying Nike nor will I expect it to ever take off but the product will be used by more and more people as the time comes.

Then again, with the super-double-secret equipment used by the super-double-secret players.....we may never know....please :rolleyes:

Originally posted by donsargegolf@Apr 18, 2005 10:16 PM
250.00 per hour

Really 250 an hour. Damn you must be good. Well If I have never swung at a golf ball before, How fast do you think you can get me to be able to play descent?

Originally posted by U&#045;T+Apr 18, 2005 10:18 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (U-T @ Apr 18, 2005 10:18 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-donsargegolf@Apr 18, 2005 10:07 PM

And with the publicity soon to continue if not rise due to Nike&#39;s soon-to-be commercial spike, expect that number to rise.

I won&#39;t be buying Nike nor will I expect it to ever take off but the product will be used by more and more people as the time comes.

Then again, with the super-double-secret equipment used by the super-double-secret players.....we may never know....please :rolleyes: [/quote]
wish i knew as much as u dude. wow, u got the scoop :clap:

Originally posted by vols2345+Apr 18, 2005 10:20 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (vols2345 &#064; Apr 18, 2005 10:20 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-donsargegolf@Apr 18, 2005 10:16 PM
250.00 per hour

Really 250 an hour. Damn you must be good. Well If I have never swung at a golf ball before, How fast do you think you can get me to be able to play descent? [/quote]
It takes a while 3-5 years of hard work on proper fundamentals. This with athletic talent. :snoring:

I dont want proper fundementals, I just want to swing at a ball, you tell me what I&#39;m doing wrong, I&#39;ll fix it, and give you 250.

Originally posted by vols2345@Apr 18, 2005 10:26 PM
I dont want proper fundementals, I just want to swing at a ball, you tell me what I&#39;m doing wrong, I&#39;ll fix it, and give you 250.

I&#39;ll tell you two things, 2345:

1) If THAT were possible, he would cost &#036;25,000 an hour
2) If you were good enough to just "fix it" that easily, you should drop out of school and head directly to the practice facility.

My :twocents: on what has become quite the heated argument:

Those who disagree with DSG about the equipment the pros use are dead wrong. You CANNOT buy just about anything you see hit on TV. That crap is so custom, it makes Snoop Dogg&#39;s ride look like a factory Civic. That&#39;s gospel.

Nike has been thoroughly underwhelming in their quality of golf clubs and ball production. OVERPRICED, yes. Top-tier, no. One exception: the CPR ironwoods are great for the average golfer who has trouble with a long iron. Most every recreational golfer should have at least one "trouble" or "rescue" club in their bag, in my humble opinion.

From what I&#39;ve heard and seen on here over the past 8 or 9 months, DSG knows his stuff when it comes to golf. If I could afford him, I could sure as hell use some help. Maybe we could set up a barter system. . . . hmmm, you got any kids?

Oh, and last, but not least. . . . if you don&#39;t consider golf to be a "sport," then you&#39;ve obviously never played. Post somewhere other than this topic.

Golf = hardest damned thing ever. I was happy beyond belief the first time I sunk a birdie. 181 yard par 3 with a dogleg around some water. Hit a good drive and a 20 foot put.

I don&#39;t think I would argue that golf clubs for specific players are tailored towards their play but I know for a fact that numerous professional golfers use clubs that can be bought on the open market.

I worked for several years at the Colonial and got to talk and see numerous players and their clubs.

If Phil, Tiger, and others have clubs that can&#39;t be bought...so be it...wouldn&#39;t surprise me. But to say everyone is dead wrong.

My accusations are based soley on factual knowledge. You CANNOT buy the clubs, balls, shoes, shirts, hats or any other piece of equipment the have. In fact that is in Eldrick&#39;s contract, Nike cannot sell anything he wears until 6 months have passed.

Hey donsarge, you should come down and hit a couple holes with me down here. i am a mad man when it comes to putt-putt. I was killing it today.

but seriously, we got some good golf courses down here in jax, you should come and check it out.

VN Store

Back