Tidbits on The Coaching Search and Pearl Leaving

If Hammy's past record is in indicator, he will not pay the money to get Dixon. I would say Chris Mooney from Richmond is about his financial limit. Currently makes $700K and has a team in sweet 16. Hammy always takes the cheapest way out. Thats reality.

I'm not so sure in this case. Both he and UT need a homerun hire. Not just to get the best available coach for the future, but to 'save face' for the mess that is. They might go as high as $2.5M+ if it's the perceived homerun hire.

Law,

What's your take on why we even paid Pearl a buy out?

I think it was a way to try to get things over as smoothly as possible. If I was Hamilton, I'd have been tempted to tell him to shove it up his ass after he began the cussing me out because he "deserved" $2 million.

I personally am interested in #1 on the list, instead of BP cussing tirade.

Yes. Or anything else for that matter. Just tired of hearing the BP BS, personally.

Whether you like Pearl or not, I personally thought he should be let go when more came to surface. However, UT comes out looking pretty bad after this if what Hubbs says is true. The Katz stuff is not true, and we could assume he got his information from a UT source. Hubbs and Lewis said with how drug tests are monitored, to complete a cover up would involve more than the coach or there would be a lot of coaches doing it.

Then mentioned was the non-NCAA stuff in the presser. Why even mention this? Because surely they didn't do it over some unpaid debts at Milwaukee and Indiana. And the only other thing one could think of was a Kentucky altercation. The thing that makes them look bad IMO is they agreed that he couldn't speak for awhile, and then put out vague comments that need a response. Seems wrong.

Then there was mention of another violation in March. And if I'm not mistaken Hubbs said it was by one of his assistants and not Pearl.

If this stuff gets to the mainstream media, and Pearl gets to talk this is going to make our athletic department look really really bad once again because I'm guessing Pearl knows a lot about Hamilton as well and there's always another side to a story.

Whether you like Pearl or not, I personally thought he should be let go when more came to surface. However, UT comes out looking pretty bad after this if what Hubbs says is true. The Katz stuff is not true, and we could assume he got his information from a UT source. Hubbs and Lewis said with how drug tests are monitored, to complete a cover up would involve more than the coach or there would be a lot of coaches doing it.

Then mentioned was the non-NCAA stuff in the presser. Why even mention this? Because surely they didn't do it over some unpaid debts at Milwaukee and Indiana. And the only other thing one could think of was a Kentucky altercation. The thing that makes them look bad IMO is they agreed that he couldn't speak for awhile, and then put out vague comments that need a response. Seems wrong.

Then there was mention of another violation in March. And if I'm not mistaken Hubbs said it was by one of his assistants and not Pearl.

If this stuff gets to the mainstream media, and Pearl gets to talk this is going to make our athletic department look really really bad once again because I'm guessing Pearl knows a lot about Hamilton as well and there's always another side to a story.

I never saw anyone say the Andy Katz stuff was false. Did you?

Everybody is ready to move on. I don't know why Hamilton leaked this. This is behind the scenes stuff that doesn't do any good to anybody, except maybe if MH is trying to make himself look better after his recent lapses in judgement. IMO, this was another. I've had enough of the soap opera crap, to be honest. Get us a coach and let's go. Period. Otherwise, ****, please.

he paid more than that for a defensive coordinator. I don't think it will be the issue

I could be wrong, it will not be the first time, but Pearl did not start out making 1.5 to 2 million per year and our next HC will probably be under CDD's current salary to keep football in perspective. So I'll say $1.5M per yr for 4 years is about what Hammy will pay and Dixon will not leave Pitt for that. Now $10M for 4 years is about right but MH will not pay that. The Richmond HC currently makes $700K and he would get a bump from Richmond to stay so the $1.5 would be about right. Even our governor cannot defend MH if his past record of hires doesn't start to take a positive turn soon. JMO

There's a Facebook group of population 14,000 that suggests otherwise.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Well, they need to **** or get off the toilet because it's done. People either hang onto the past or adapt and step to the future. I've been flying past the former for awhile. And leaking behind the scenes stuff doesn't help the process one bit.

Based on what hat's said and others I would put my money on Gregg Marshall right now.

Well, they need to **** or get off the toilet because it's done. People either hang onto the past or adapt and step to the future. I've been flying past the former for awhile. And leaking behind the scenes stuff doesn't help the process one bit.

According to Hubbs, the civil suits info was discovered by the media. They weren't leaked from the UTAD.

According to Hubbs, the civil suits info was discovered by the media. They weren't leaked from the UTAD.

I realize that but come on LV, you don't think UT already knew these from the BP research when they hired him? That info was already on file with the UTAD. Background checks on my employees pull up that info.

I realize that but come on LV, you don't think UT already knew these from the BP research when they hired him? That info was already on file with the UTAD. Background checks on my employees pull up that info.

Yea, I'm sure they knew it. I don't really understand why Hubbs and them would even mention it.

VN Store

Back