Ticket Holders for Non-Conference Games

Hairy Vols

Any news on what will happen with our tickets? I'm heavily invested in four tickets to Tennessee vs Troy that I paid $9 each for. I'd hate to lose that large sum of money I invested for this game. :D

All joking aside, I couldn't find any information on it here or anywhere else.

Any news on what will happen with our tickets? I'm heavily invested in four tickets to Tennessee vs Troy that I paid $9 each for. I'd hate to lose that large sum of money I invested for this game. :D

How much do you want for them? I think they figure out a way to play more and might could add it back in for Homecoming.

My UT education tells me that you are out $36.
I’d say donate it to Bambi at the Mouses Ear college fund. (And get a lap dance). Lol.

Seriously, are they printed tickets?
If so, frame them and hold onto them.
How cool (and potentially worth some cash) would it be to have this.piece of history from a "lost season" and a game UT didn't play?

Seriously, are they printed tickets?
If so, frame them and hold onto them.
How cool (and potentially worth some cash) would it be to have this.piece of history from a "lost season" and a game UT didn't play?

The only exception I take to your thoughts is the "worth some cash" part. You must be like my wife in that everything has to have a monetary value. For me many things I do and/or "hang on to" have no dollar value.

Do you actual have the tickets? UT stated they were going to all electronic tickets this year.

You might be lucky. There will be the 4 SEC home games plus 1 more SEC game, if they chose the Troy game as the fifth ticket you’ll get to see an SEC team for $9

The only exception I take to your thoughts is the "worth some cash" part. You must be like my wife in that everything has to have a monetary value. For me many things I do and/or "hang on to" have no dollar value.

Yeah, games get cancelled for weather reasons ever so often. There will be too much supply of tickets for games that weren't played from the P5 conferences.

I'm assuming they'll refund for those games or offer us the option to roll that money over to a donation---but I've not received anything from the donor or ticketing office stating such.

This is also just a guess, but I suspect they're still debating stadium capacity while they monitor the regional infection trends (to see if the infection rate turns down by the date of the first game).

Lastly, from a financial operations standpoint, I'm guessing they'll want to sit on that cash for as long as possible before offering refunds, so I'm not expecting to get any direction from the donor office anytime soon.

If you bought them through an online broker like Vivid, StubHub, etc., most are offering credit. Vivid actually gives110% credit on cancelled events so you may have just made $3.60 if you got them there.

Reactions: flowbe209
If you bought them from a season ticket owner I'm afraid you may have a problem. As everyone knows the actual paper tickets have not been sent out yet. The actual ticket package may yet be changed. I hear from an excellent source that they are working up multiple options for the season ticket holders. So the guy who has the season tickets would get the refund. But it's not going to be based upon actually trading in the ticket itself. The logistics of that would be impossible.

VN Store

Back