Thusday Game Is An NCCAA Elimination Game !

Tennessee has the talent to win the tournament...that is without question. The question will be...do they want it and will Holly not continue to make bad decisions and derail it. It's not a long shot by any means. It's just a "how bad do they want it" thing.

Tennessee has the talent to win the tournament...that is without question. The question will be...do they want it and will Holly not continue to make bad decisions and derail it. It's not a long shot by any means. It's just a "how bad do they want it" thing.
You can look through the games and see who went off on Tennessee offensively and almost all the time it is the other teams guards. That means were not getting defensive play out of the guard positions to the level we need to win. Getting beat off the dribble for layup after layup or wide open threes for the teams best three point shooter has been the norm for this team. All I can tell them is watch the men play defense like they play it put out a little effort. Sometimes the shots don't fall but you still win if the other team can't score.

Reactions: VolBall09

Superfly, is this your statement or just quoting CHW’s last post game presser?

Reactions: superfly
You can look through the games and see who went off on Tennessee offensively and almost all the time it is the other teams guards. That means were not getting defensive play out of the guard positions to the level we need to win. Getting beat off the dribble for layup after layup or wide open threes for the teams best three point shooter has been the norm for this team. All I can tell them is watch the men play defense like they play it put out a little effort. Sometimes the shots don't fall but you still win if the other team can't score.

It would be the guards fault if we didn't switch. Was killing us as switching. We're not mixing it up on the switch is going over going under switching on screens

I think they are in if they beat LSU. I would think the selection committee would like to see if they can make a run and make things interesting. If they lose to LSU, they're done. I would not accept a WNIT bid but Holly probably would just to keep a so-called post season streak going. I say don't do it. Just rip the band aid off and get all the positive records broken out of the way. That way neither she nor the next coach whenever that is will have to worry about any streaks of any kind.
Harakiri and return the money!

I think Kasi is the only one who is strong enough to do that, and she'll run out of gas after about 5 minutes. McCowan will plow through any of the other Tennessee posts like they aren't even there.
Five minutes is way too much, does the five include a TV timeout.

Five minutes is way too much, does the five include a TV timeout.

Harris was recruited as a "record" shot blocker. If she will stay between McCowan and the goal she is the one with fouls to give.
Other centers are so badly needed that McCowan will indeed plow thru them and they must be shy. Harris taking the fouls in
an aggressive manner against McCowan isn't in her character but would be great to see and give some slack to others. McCowan
needs to be shown that she can be repulsed.

Not looking past LSU , If we win TN chances to make the NCAAs might also be affected by the conference tourneys. If they are truly on the bubble and there are a few upsets or a team not expected to make the tourney wins the automatic berth beating LSU may not matter.

This 12 noon start is going to be a pain. I'm going to have to literally cut my phone off and shut myself off from the world until I go home and can watch the game I know inevitably somebody's going to tell me they lost or one, and I'm going to be mad mad mad

VN Store

Back