Thusday Game Is An NCCAA Elimination Game !

Will need to also beat Mississippi State on Friday hmm ? if that`s the case The lady vols need to start packing there bags and head home for the summer.

SEC tournament will determine whether Lady Vols make NCAA tournament
I think it's premature to consider this an elimination game. Even if they win, they may find themselves out of the tournament.

The problem is they have virtually no chance of picking up a big win. There's no opportunity to get a nice looking resume builder win, like against Kentucky or Missouri. They will need to beat MSST, and that's not likely. Absent that, even if they beat LSU, they need to have things play out a specific way in the mid-major tournaments like the article says. That's a lot of moving parts...

All in all, I think the odds are stacked against them. They will need St Patrick's day to come early and invoke the luck of the Irish. Otherwise, they can start planning spring break activities to Cancun this weekend.

I think it's premature to consider this an elimination game. Even if they win, they may find themselves out of the tournament.

The problem is they have virtually no chance of picking up a big win. There's no opportunity to get a nice looking resume builder win, like against Kentucky or Missouri. They will need to beat MSST, and that's not likely. Absent that, even if they beat LSU, they need to have things play out a specific way in the mid-major tournaments like the article says. That's a lot of moving parts...

All in all, I think the odds are stacked against them. They will need St Patrick's day to come early and invoke the luck of the Irish. Otherwise, they can start planning spring break activities to Cancun this weekend.

Amb3096: I also notice Holly shuffle the lineup and sub rotation against Old Miss don`t you think it way way to late for that ? To me it should have happen a long time ago.

Reactions: FabSmokyVol
Amb3096: I also notice Holly shuffle the lineup and sub rotation against Old Miss don`t you think it way way to late for that ? To me it should have happen a long time ago.

Probably, although Collins as a stretch 4 does open up some possibilities on offense and allows Rennia to play her natural position. I would say better late than never, but it probably doesn't even matter that much. If they do get to MSST, it just means that Collins and Green will have 2 fouls by the end of the 1st quarter. It sounds like Kasi is injured again, so they will be really thin in post depth if she isn't able to play the SECT and Collins starts alongside Green. Your girl Burrell may need to start out of necessity.

You can rearrange the chairs on the Titanic all you want but if you have the same captain who cant avoid the iceberg, it doesnt really matter...

Probably, although Collins as a stretch 4 does open up some possibilities on offense and allows Rennia to play her natural position. I would say better late than never, but it probably doesn't even matter that much. If they do get to MSST, it just means that Collins and Green will have 2 fouls by the end of the 1st quarter. It sounds like Kasi is injured again, so they will be really thin in post depth if she isn't able to play the SECT and Collins starts alongside Green. Your girl Burrell may need to start out of necessity.

No help will need to play Teaira McCowan straight up

I think Kasi is the only one who is strong enough to do that, and she'll run out of gas after about 5 minutes. McCowan will plow through any of the other Tennessee posts like they aren't even there.

Then you give up the 3 ball at will. So what is the deal with Kasi ?

Then you give up the 3 ball at will. So what is the deal with Kasi ?
Give up the three-ball to Tennessee or MSST? At least MSST's guards outside of Espinoza can't shoot from outside. But with McCowan inside and no Tennessee post worth a double team, none of the LV guards will be able to get a good look at the three without the MSST guards draped all over them.

Thought I read somewhere that Kasi was injured again. She didn't play vs. Ole Miss and Kamara did, so if she's not injured, then she's in the way, way back of the doghouse.

If by some chance they won it imo they’d still be 50/50 at best.
Huh? If they win the SEC tourney, they are automatically in the NCAA. Unless you just meant the MSST game, which we haven't even made it that far yet.

I think they are in if they beat LSU. I would think the selection committee would like to see if they can make a run and make things interesting. If they lose to LSU, they're done. I would not accept a WNIT bid but Holly probably would just to keep a so-called post season streak going. I say don't do it. Just rip the band aid off and get all the positive records broken out of the way. That way neither she nor the next coach whenever that is will have to worry about any streaks of any kind.

If they beat LSU I think they are in for certain. At least 7 SEC teams will go to the tournament, we're in the 7 spot currently, but Georgia is the 6th team in the SEC. I do not think Georgia has a chance of making the NCAA tournament unless they make a deep run and beat SC to go to the semi-finals. We have the same over-all record, but they have some bad losses and 0 quality wins. They didn't beat a top 25 opponent all season which really hurts their resume. We have the same bad losses essentially but also beat Texas, Auburn twice, and MIZZOU just after they beat MSST which help us out a good bit.

If and ONLY IF we beat LSU, I think MSST is beatable if this team chooses to play defense and box out. McCowan's post-up game still isn't superb, she does her damage on the O-boards for the most part. If they box her out well she'll pick up quick fouls over the back without a doubt. Our best chance of defending her is sending her to the bench in foul trouble. Hate to rely on that, but it's been a strategy for years.

Reactions: Orange Maniac
I think Kasi is the only one who is strong enough to do that, and she'll run out of gas after about 5 minutes. McCowan will plow through any of the other Tennessee posts like they aren't even there.

I really like what Missouri did with her. She struggled in that game and they pretty much played her straight up, occasionally sent 1.5 but they just forced her to make a move. MIZZOU probably has the least physical post presence in the league too. McCowan had 10 o-boards in that game which is where her scoring came from, but she only had 3 defensive rebounds. They did a nice job of pulling her out of the paint with Hannah Schutes who went 2-3 from 3. Took McCowan out of the paint and opened up the lane. MIZZOU beat them in paint points 30-24 in that game. I think they have lost the battle of the paint points only twice this year, both games they lost.

I'm not sure we can play a line-up that small and unfortunately C. Green can't hit the outside shot, but if we played Westbrook, Jackson, Z. Green, Davis and Collins at the same time we could spread the floor and pull her out of the paint. Easy way to pick-up fouls on her too, she can NOT guard on the perimeter, at all. Just can't get that big body moving fast enough to get out of the way.

Last edited:
Huh? If they win the SEC tourney, they are automatically in the NCAA. Unless you just meant the MSST game, which we haven't even made it that far yet.

I meant even if they win the tournament they’d be a 50/50. I had no idea they’d get an auto bid.

We would have to keep McCowan off the ft line, she's scoring a lot from there. Let Kamera Harris play her tough close defense. especially if Tn plays zone. That's if they can beat Nicky's team first, :(

VN Store

Back