Throwback Uniforms

tM5B47a.gif

Wow that makes me nostalgic. I was a student when those retros were introduced. I thought they were a great look. I like Nike for fan gear but Ilike the adidas jerseys and the old Halloween road jerseys so much more.

Seems that they had to receive a waiver to wear them the first time; maybe it was twenty years ago. Fulmer was still coaching.

I thought they were ugly then and that hasn't changed.

Reactions: DeusExMachina
If anyone remotely thinks those are nice looking jerseys I want a dang black jersey. (Or really dark grey) Black (Grey) would look way better than that BS jersey.

Reactions: DeusExMachina
I liked them as well. I remember them being worn in the home opener against UNLV, when Ainge and Shaffer both looked really good for true FR QBs... A few years ago, I picked up a 2004 #77 Michael Munoz throwback game jersey at the UT bookstore.
For some odd reason, the Auburn game that year sticks out. I still remember where I was when we got stomped. I’m still mad 😡

*just looked up the box score. Ainge threw 4 picks.

Nike-Silver-Dollar-City-game-copy-200x300.jpg
Zora-game-shot-copy-203x300.jpg
Nike-Snowy-Mtns-Game-253x300.jpg

Black is a 1914 jersey look....

edit....love the Holloway throwbacks

Last edited:
If I recall correctly (excuse my UTK education), we can never wear these unis again due to a NCAA rule. We received special permission for the ULNV game that will never be permitted in the future. Maybe our new unis can don a Orange Vanilla Coke patch.

If I recall correctly (excuse my UTK education), we can never wear these unis again due to a NCAA rule. We received special permission for the ULNV game that will never be permitted in the future. Maybe our new unis can don a Orange Vanilla Coke patch.
I seem to remember something like that. But with all the crap they allow now (and since ‘04), I think we’d be ok (IMO)

For some odd reason, the Auburn game that year sticks out. I still remember where I was when we got stomped. I’m still mad 😡

*just looked up the box score. Ainge threw 4 picks.
I remember it too. I was 8 years old and I hadn't seen Tennessee lose in person until then. I had no idea what was coming the next 15 years

Reactions: Plecoptera

VN Store

Back