Three reason to reconsider and go to MCB......

I have not been a Butch fan from the very beginning of his time as our coach. But I have supported our team. The good, the bad, and the horrible! I even made all the trips and spent the money during the Dooley era. Now is not the time to turn on the Vols, the ones that will be wearing Tennessee Orange for the last time, deserves to see a packed stadium of crazed Vol fans! They came here in an ugly time, when some of them could have gone anywhere they wanted, and gave us there all! They got our great program out of the dark ages (even though we want even more) and asked nothing in return. I don't believe support is too much to give back to them.

Our coach is on a very hot seat, and unless he makes a ton of changes to his personal coaching abilities, not including staff changes, he will be gone soon enough. No need to punish a bunch of kids that came here with an uncertain future and made the most of the opportunity. Let hope with a month to prepare that Shoop and come up with a way to somewhat stop the opposition and send these young men off...celebrated!

Reactions: 4 people
If it were somewhere nice more would go. The end of December in Nashville, you know, the place where this team just **** a brick doesn't inspire the spending of time and money. If you think this team is excited to be there you're sadly mistaken. Crappy bowl, crappy time in a crappy place... That's why there's TV.

Have fun though. Let us know how awesome it is.

Sad.

I don't always ***** and whine about things I can't change
But when I do it isn't about the Vols.

You sound like a jilted teenage girl.

Reactions: 1 person
How about going because you're a University of Tennessee football fan?
Probably seems crazy talk to some on here. But that's why I'm going.

rXM1WE.gif

Go to hell. If you wanna know how it is then support the team go.

Really? You just told someone to go to hell because they don't want to go to a football game?

Really?

At 62 if I was a well man I'd be at every single game I could attend. If you are healthy and a Vol fan don't pass up the privilege.

Reactions: 7 people
Tailgating is half or more of the fun and I will be with a serious tailgating crew. Cant wait and glad its in Nashville.

I absolutely adore my Vols and cherish going to games, especially bowl games, but I feel if I go Id be selling out my soul because I despise BS Jones and will not support him. Id go simply to be a UT fan and root for the TEAM only.

Here are my three...

OWH
Dr. B
TerryPedigo's uncle

My love for Tennessee football isn't conditional, we have enough fans to cover that. If I can arrange the time off (which doesn't look likely right now) I'll be there.

Dobbs, Barnett and Kamara (might have to throw in Malone if he leaves for NFL). These are great players and don't believe we have replacements for them next year. They have earned our support in the minor Bowl we are heading to.

Maybe they should be the ones getting paid 4 million. UT administration and (some) staff don't deserve a sale out imo

Dobbs, Barnett and Kamara (might have to throw in Malone if he leaves for NFL). These are great players and don't believe we have replacements for them next year. They have earned our support in the minor Bowl we are heading to.

Dobbs will be replaced by J.G. or Dormady.... Kamara will be replaced by Chandler.

Barnetts replacement is not even on campus yet.
Who will replace Clausen? Well, at the time, neither Schafer or Ainge were on campus.
Who will replace Houston/RIggs? Well, at the time, A Foster was on campus.
In 1996, who will replace the departing TIght End? Jason WItten was not on campus yet.

I'm not a. Butch fan and think he will gone after next year, but the one thing that hopefully attract a big name coach is the fan support in good times and bad.

If you want something to change. Hit people in the wallets. Love the kids hate the administration. Boycott the crappy bowl.

I'm not a. Butch fan and think he will gone after next year, but the one thing that hopefully attract a big name coach is the fan support in good times and bad.
I'd say it's the money more than that. If that were the case we'd have a really good one right now. Nah they'll come if you pay them. Sad the UTAD doesn't have the same commitment to UT football the fans do. They are committed to taking your money however, real committed to that.

Given the likelihood that we would end up with a smaller bowl, I was actually hoping they would go to the MCB because I'll actually be able to go. My family and I will be there supporting the team!

Hell, you only need ONE reason....UT is playing.

VN Store

Back