Three Lady Vol Volleyballers capture post-season SEC awards

yep, should be a good tournament too...Pullman, here they come...:D

GO LADY VOLS...BEAT COLORADO ST...!

I know I’m late on this.

I get the UK Coach was a good pick to win the coach of the year but when a first year coach has a turnaround season like UTs I just don’t understand. I coach high school and Ive heard the football coaches say well if you win league you win the district coach of the year? Yes, in a lot of cases that’s true. However I rememeber a year a certain team that went 0-10 the two previous seasons and I am pretty sure was 2-8 the season before that.

They brought in a new coach and he turned them around in one season to a 8-2 team only losing to the one team in the district that was supposed to win it. I am thinking NO ONE thought look at what this guy did in season and to his own league non the less. Needless to say they gave it to the coach who won the district by a game and then lost in the first round while the other coach got to play TWO more games.

I just don’t understand thinking sometime. Again, not to say UK didn’t have a great season but there seemed to be a larger picture here when I look at past records, preseason predictions, etc.

All in all this was a great season by the ladies and I am glad the players were recognized !

Last edited:
I'm in total agreement with you. I think Coach Rackham was Coach of the Year hands down. Yes, Kentucky had a great season but based on our amazing turn around in one season, I don't see how Coach Rackham doesn't win it easily.

VN Store

Back