Thoughts on Losing to the Raiders....

Wise-Vol

They are the Oakland Raiders, right?

First, practicing with Maymon at the 4 and then having to play Hall at the 4 was bound to cause us some problems.

Second, having Baby Pearl in late during the most important stretch was a disaster. Harris was playing better than anyone and we had to watch while Steven sent Oakland to the line twice in back to back possessions to let them stretch their lead.

Third, and most importantly, Oakland must have captured a Geni in a Bottle. I've never seen some many BS shots fall for one team. They may not be the toughest opponent we've faced, but they sure are the luckiest bunch I've seen.

Fourth, this is college basketball. Student Section was empty, we were coming off big win, Hopson was bound to have an off night, and Oakland hit every prayer shot they took. BTW, can someone please remind me of why McBee gets playing time on this team....

___________ Happens!

First, practicing with Maymon at the 4 and then having to play Hall at the 4 was bound to cause us some problems.

Second, having Baby Pearl in late during the most important stretch was a disaster. Harris was playing better than anyone and we had to watch while Steven sent Oakland to the line twice in back to back possessions to let them stretch their lead.

Third, and most importantly, Oakland must have captured a Geni in a Bottle. I've never seen some many BS shots fall for one team. They may not be the toughest opponent we've faced, but they sure are the luckiest bunch I've seen.

Fourth, this is college basketball. Student Section was empty, we were coming off big win, Hopson was bound to have an off night, and Oakland hit every prayer shot they took. BTW, can someone please remind me of why McBee gets playing time on this team....

___________ Happens!

The student section was full..at least the part they gave to the students. We had section 123 and 2 upper sections. That was it. They apparently decided keeping us out of the pit, putting chairs down there and letting the general public sit down there would be a good idea. No offense to the general public, of course.

Not that its an excuse for losing, but the atmosphere would have been better if the students were behind the goal where they belong. I never would have imagined the change in noise level that this causes until tonight.

___________ Happens!

Good assessment of the game. I agree that there were
some bad decisions by the coach by keeping SP in the game. He kept him in eight points to long. SP is a role
player and we needed someone to score when our best
scorers were on the bench getting splinters in their butts.

It happens, Vols didn't played their heart out like Oakland did tonight. Scotty Hopson didn't played well tonight. If Scotty Hopson gets up to more than 17 points like his avg this season, we would won the game tonight. We had it til last 5 mins or so,... they was sloppy and Oakland take advance of it. Sometime when we lost, it's good to know how to correct the mistakes and move on to next game.

Watching shoot around, I kind of felt like Scotty was going to have an off night. He bricked pretty much everything he hit. And yes. That was the luckiest team I have seen. Kind of reminds me of Kentucky fans fussing about how teams go to Rupp and the basket is like throwing a ball in the ocean. Same thing tonight at TBA. No answer for the kid who had like 20 at the half. Melvin said it best that they basically overlooked this team and didnt bring the same intensity as Nova or Pitt. I'm glad it happend though and I hope it's a wake up call. Charlotte will be tough but I expect the Vols to wake up from this, take care of business on the road, and stomp USC at home. Disapointed though.

The students are on Christmas break, at home with their families.

I live in Knoxville so I went to the game and there was NO student section, they wouldn't let us down behind the basket. We had to sit in one of the other sections and no kidding, the lady said, "You guys can sit here but if there is someone with a ticket that comes then you have to move."

WTF? I guess they tried to sell as many tickets as possible. Granted there wouldn't have been a lot of students, but it was still BS.

I cant agree more with the McBee assessment.......don't get me wrong, i love the idea of this kid hitting big threes and being the "walk-on hero/underdog" just as much as anyone but he continues to prove why as fans we continue to ask why he gets minutes. I catch myself yelling at the TV every time he bricks a three (which seems to be 80% of the time) and being more frustrated with why he continues to see the court.

My hope is that when Bone comes back from injury that we dont have this conversation anymore.

Yall (responders) are either reeeeeaaaaal drunk, or the reeeeeeeal dumb ones (fans) come out when we lose. My Lord, some of those sentences and words are just pitiful attempts @ communication.. I honestly (like, for real for real) think my son puts sentences together better. (He turns 2 Friday)
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I cannot believe BP stuck with SP and left Harris sitting on the bench with the game on the line. How can your best player not be on the floor at crunch time? If he fouls out at least you played him. SP killed us tonight. BTW: Oakland might be able to win the SECW this year! Seriously, think about it.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

We did not play defense in the second half and Oakland is another of these mid majors than can play with anyone on a given night. They would have beaten Michigan State if they make their foul shots at the end. Hopson had a bad night and Pearl played horrendous. Just proves you have to be ready to play every night against a quality team. We will learn from this and be better for it.

embarrassing to lose to this low rent team.

Low rent? really? I disagree. They are a pretty damned good team. The center's NBA bound, and Eackles was definitely no slouch. And it's not embarrassing at all. It's basketball.. it's really really really rare to win all of 'em, so no big deal. I'd rather be ranked around number 15 anyway... you aren't on as many people's radar that way. The only thing that matters is the SEC season and tourney....

I live in Knoxville so I went to the game and there was NO student section, they wouldn't let us down behind the basket. We had to sit in one of the other sections and no kidding, the lady said, "You guys can sit here but if there is someone with a ticket that comes then you have to move."

WTF? I guess they tried to sell as many tickets as possible. Granted there wouldn't have been a lot of students, but it was still BS.

With the crowd at the game, or should I say lack of the crowd, I can't understand why they would not allow students who attended to sit where they normally sit. Stupid decision by someone.

I am a Michigan fan and could not believe the game Oakland put up. I guess it should not be that much of a surprise after the run they gave Michigan State, but still. We got them on Saturday and I think we can spread the floor on them and be able to get a win. Only problem we have is that if our 3s ain't falling, we cant beat anybody. We literally live and die by the 3.

VN Store

Back