Thoughts on Kevin Steele and Jeff Lebby?

Steele needs to go to. I don't want anything to do with what Fulmer was doing there at the end. Pay him to go away too. This is a new era for the football program.

Reactions: VOL_Lyfe
White has a pattern of hiring high energy coaches that have innovative concepts whether in scheme or coaching philosophy. I would be very surprised if this hire is anyone over 55 years old and I would not be surprised if he leans toward a young, high energy, innovative offensive coordinator.

I could certainly be wrong but I just don’t see Kevin Steele being the guy.

So this guy is out? I mean he's an NC winning coach who found success in the NFL too:

270DC30100000578-3015098-NBC_has_ordered_13_episodes_of_the_sequel_to_the_hit_show_which_-m-31_1427480768860.jpg

Reactions: chvolman
I am hoping there are better options than Steele available to us for a head coach.

After getting the rock-star AD....if we end up with that AU-retread Wormtongue as HC, I am going to be SORELY disappointed.

No way White comes here and settles for Steele. I dont believe it.

Reactions: jerrync and Fore
Steele will not be the HC and UT will not become Auburn retreads of the east. Could you imagine the backlash from a large portion of the fans, boosters and media in general. Having the attitude of we could have done worse is exactly why we are where were at. Settling for less and paying more for it and hoping we get a bargain.....that just want work anymore. The whole VOL football brand can't take another hit and expect to ever be relevant again. I hope the new AD and Admin realize that this could literally be the last best chance we have to ever getting the winning tradition back.

Reactions: TnVol! and jerrync
Jeff Lebby is one of the best in the business and that's why Kiffin is lobbying for this job so hard. He knows coaches will come after him hard next year and ole miss won't pony up the money to keep him. Hard pass on steele as hc though.

How many NCs has Steele won? Their careers as HCs aren't remotely compariable.
Oh yeah, I understand that. I was just saying, you can’t say age is a deal breaker though. Bill Snyder done a good job, the second time around at Kansas State. Les Miles and Mark Richt have been good coaches.

Don't think it is Steele. I think they want to make a splash....I can see Steele staying on as DC though. I am going to wait and see and hopefully we will all know by Tuesday or Wednesday.

VN Store

Back