Thoughts on Franks next year?

BIG BOI 23

I’d like to get some honest opinions cuz what I saw against FSU and Michigan has me kinda excited about the possibilities

I didn’t really notice in the game but after watching the highlights against Michigan he got a lot more comfortable tucking it in and running the ball and he obviously improved a lot over the year as a passer

I must admit I’m excited for year 2 under Mullen after how comfortable he looked against FSU and Michigan

Once offense got going he looked good

Just curious don’t be dicks ehh pls :)

Oh ya if anybody wants to see to give their best opinion here

Last edited:
I’ll be the first to admit after Mizzou I was done. It was Emory Jones job next season you couldn’t tell me otherwise

But looking back you have to expect growing pains. Beating 2 top 10 teams and the way he bounced back after Mizzou idk I’m excited about a QB for the first time since Tebow was in O&B

Well except those magical 6 weeks with Grier before it all went to **** out of the blue lol

I think Franks is slightly above average. His style of play can be the deciding factor in close games. That can be both good and bad. He may win a few for yall, but i see him costing tall a game or 2 as well. He seemed to play better once your fanbase turned on him and was screaming for the freshman. Will be interesting to see which Franks shows up in the fall.

I think Franks is slightly above average. His style of play can be the deciding factor in close games. That can be both good and bad. He may win a few for yall, but i see him costing tall a game or 2 as well. He seemed to play better once your fanbase turned on him and was screaming for the freshman. Will be interesting to see which Franks shows up in the fall.
Just the fact that you know this year 2 their not trying to learn a whole new system they can try to master it

Having guys like Franks, Perine, Jefferson, Toney, Grimes etc all back can’t help but feel for once in years I think UF offense could be legit

Going over 500 yards them last 3 weeks after what gator fans watched for a decade will do that

It feels weird like UF is back to what it should be and the god awful Bama experiment is over. Thank you God

At least in my life time fun offenses is what I remember. All these recruits would laugh at the idea that’s how bad we reverted with that mess. UF became the king of trash offense in cfb for their whole career peewee to hs

Last edited:
Pruitt is going to rattle Franks all game long. If you think that Pruitt is going to set back and do nothing his second year, then you’re mistaken.

Reactions: NashVol4life
Pruitt is going to rattle Franks all game long. If you think that Pruitt is going to set back and do nothing his second year, then you’re mistaken.
Does he have the talent this year

That’ll be the excuse I’m sure

That game was basically a pick em you got smoked and that was before franks even started to build confidence

All I’m saying comfort level rises second year you can react quicker without thinking too much to quote the players you know what to do

Last edited:
Ha! 2 teams that got slaughtered come on

Ain’t losing to FSU at home after that mess

Mullen must of hurt you or something cuz you obviously don’t think much of him lol

I vote to leave Franks at QB.

Move Jones to WR; that is the way Florida typically handles this situation.

I think he will get better at reading the field and hopefully finding the open WR.
He seems more comfortable to run with the ball and making plays.
Not sure if the OL will give him enough time next year to read the field. I think he will improve and will be more like Fitz from MSU where he will tuck and run it.
I hope he spends a lot of time on his throwing this year and get a better touch on the ball.

Florida fans are quick to remember the FSU and Michigan games as blow outs but forget they should have lost to South Carolina, Vandy and did lose to Mizzou. Mullen has a lot of weapons to work with next year. My biggest concern with Franks is can he be accurate on every throw?

Florida fans are quick to remember the FSU and Michigan games as blow outs but forget they should have lost to South Carolina, Vandy and did lose to Mizzou. Mullen has a lot of weapons to work with next year. My biggest concern with Franks is can he be accurate on every throw?
Should have lost? How? Offense came alive and busted they ass it took a minute but it happened and the better team won

To not roll over and come back from large deficit in the first year under new coach after 4 wins and rock bottom the year before that’s a feat not something you say they should of lost lol wtf

Defense carried the offense for years trust me they are happy to pick up slack if they can

Last edited:
FF has the physical tools to be excellent and to be an NFL quarterback. Tall, not afraid to run, very strong arm.

His problem is composure.

He has improved in that regard under Mullen. My worry is that he has hit his ceiling and just won't get any better. But hey, if he can get that aspect of things together, he might be the real deal.

Should have lost? How? Offense came alive and busted they ass it took a minute but it happened and the better team won

To not roll over and come back from large deficit in the first year under new coach after 4 wins and rock bottom the year before that’s a feat not something you say they should of lost lol wtf

Defense carried the offense for years trust me they are happy to pick up slack if they can

Just call it how I see it.

Just call it how I see it.
How’s that the winner of the first half wins the game

The game is 4 quarters man

UF dominated Tenn in first half a few years ago then kicked our ass in the second half

Sometimes games are like that makes for a fun season

Why should we have lost against USCe and Vandy?

That’s like me saying you should have beaten Vandy

Franks does not throw the ball on time.
Mich game shows he still doesn't progress through his reads.
Oline will have major growing pains.

Did he get better and will he be more comfortable? yes. But he what he is and wont scare any opponent.

You mean they remember the wins moreso than the losses....like every other fanbase? Which game do you remember more, Auburn or Missouri?

He’s gonna look like Drew Brees against us, get hurt against Georgia and replaced by Mullen’s protege, Emory Jones.

VN Store

Back