Thoughts on Brian Kelley

That fake accent was terrible. He read about a southern accent on Wikipedia for 30 seconds before giving that little talk. Show me that video with no context and I’d say that dude is from well north of the Mason-Dixon who has lived in the South for a month and mocking the accent to his friends back home.

Before anyone even says it. I played for an old school football coach. Dude would yell non stop and cuss us. He was tough to play for but he was like a father figure to all of us. We respected him and he respected us. I say that to say this. Brian Kelley comes off like a total D word! The way he called the back up a “Mother F**ker” The way he looks at his players like they are illiterate and worthless. If I’m being honest I’ve never even watched a full game of him coaching but I can’t stand the guy. Why any recruit would wanna play for that guy is crazy! That is all

You can say all the bad things about Kelly that you want to, but it does not change the fact that we will have a battle on our hands with LSU. They will be prepared to play!!

Last edited:
Reactions: Frozevol and Chad F
Brian Kelly may be a strange person, but he’s a very good coach. I expect him to at least win one NC while he’s there.

He’s a rich man’s Butch Jones. A side show actor pretending to be a coach. He probably played flute in the band.

Idk, he’s prolly a top 10 coach in the country at the end of last year. Has Butch ever snapped top 25?

Look at his record against top 10 teams. I think it's one win against Clemson two years ago when Trevor Lawrence had Covid and some of Clemson's defensive starters were out, ND still almost lost when they let freshman DJ U. throw for almost 500 yards or something like that. Every other ND game against a top ten team was not only a loss but an absolute beat down. Say whatever you want about ND's talent, a high quality coach would have at least had them competitive in some of those games. LSU's season so far resembles one of his typical smoke and mirror jobs at ND, and if the Vols are a legit top ten team then they should go into Baton Rouge on Saturday and take care of business.

Look at his record against top 10 teams. I think it's one win against Clemson two years ago when Trevor Lawrence had Covid and some of Clemson's defensive starters were out, ND still almost lost when they let freshman DJ U. throw for almost 500 yards or something like that. Every other ND game against a top ten team was not only a loss but an absolute beat down. Say whatever you want about ND's talent, a high quality coach would have at least had them competitive in some of those games. LSU's season so far resembles one of his typical smoke and mirror jobs at ND, and if the Vols are a legit top ten team then they should go into Baton Rouge on Saturday and take care of business.

It’s his first season at LSU where there was a plethora of transfers out and administration turmoil. I really think he will be on hot seat by year 3 but I seriously doubt they are gonna make him at risk of leaving in first two years considering their finances and CoachO’s buyout.

Reactions: sjt18
He’s a rich man’s Butch Jones. A side show actor pretending to be a coach. He probably played flute in the band.
I see him as a poor man's Nick Saban. Guy will have no problem with entry requirements at LSU. Fertile recruiting, too. Might take him a year or two, but LSU will soon be back in the hunt and breathing down Bama's neck IMO.

I think he's a square peg in a round hole.

I think he feels uncomfortable there, and so is continuously "acting." He's not being himself, he's being what he thinks would fit better. Which means those Cajuns aren't going to buy it. They're good at sniffing out a fake.

I give him three years at most. He may be a decent coach, but he doesn't seem to be a very good person, and he's going to be a failure there.

Someone said he should've stayed at Notre Dame. I think they're right.

Go Vols!

Yeah, they are cut from the same cloth - rag. They deserve each other (birds of a feather)...

Reactions: VFL-82-JP

VN Store

Back