Thoughts/Observations from first two Old Spice games...

Sudeepvol

I was fortunate enough to sit in the first two rows for both games. Here are my thoughts:

1.) Whenever Scotty misses a shot or does not get the playing time he expects, he looks really down. On the other hand, when he makes a shot, it looks like he gets too excited. He needs to really learn to control his emotions. There were also a few instances where the coaches looked really frustrated at Scotty's defense.

2.) Tatum and Woolridge have immense potential.

3.) When you look at the bench while the game is going on, you can tell who the real team players are...Tatum is one of them.

4.) Negedu doesn't look very big up close, but boy does he play like he's big...

5.) Maze and Tabb are pretty solid PG's but I can see the Vols having a little trouble against full court pressure.

6.) JP has improved greatly since last year.

7.) Tennessee fans travel really well...great crowds the last two games.

Go Vols!

I've been impressed with how Tenn will be down 7-8 points in second half and they just "turn it on" and don't panic. They came roaring back today.
When Siena gained the momentum in the second half and cut the lead in half, Tenn just calmly turned it on again and put the game away.

This team does not quit. at all.

Hopson has a ridiculously sweet, rainbow shot. His defense is pitiful. His footwork sucks. Pearl will get on him to improve.

Tatum is a phenom. Tyler is Tyler. B-Will and JP have both improved. Bmaze is a vast improvement over Ramar. Tabb is solid. Chism is getting smarter. Woolridge has tremendous potential.

I don't know how or if Bruce will trim this lineup, everyone makes significant contributions in their own way, except lil Pearl of course...

I've been impressed with how Tenn will be down 7-8 points in second half and they just "turn it on" and don't panic. They came roaring back today.
When Siena gained the momentum in the second half and cut the lead in half, Tenn just calmly turned it on again and put the game away.

This team does not quit. at all.

Hopson has a ridiculously sweet, rainbow shot. His defense is pitiful. His footwork sucks. Pearl will get on him to improve.

Tatum is a phenom. Tyler is Tyler. B-Will and JP have both improved. Bmaze is a vast improvement over Ramar. Tabb is solid. Chism is getting smarter. Woolridge has tremendous potential.

Chism is not getting smarter. I thought he was by the first 4 games of the season. But he took a HUGE step back today.

Yeah Chism had me :banghead2: but in the end I was happy that we won basically without Chism & Williams. I think they really took big steps today on being a complete team. The sky is the limit with this team. No more counting on just person like Lofton to pull us out. To me it is a complete team.

I was fortunate enough to sit in the first two rows for both games. Here are my thoughts:

1.) Whenever Scotty misses a shot or does not get the playing time he expects, he looks really down. On the other hand, when he makes a shot, it looks like he gets too excited. He needs to really learn to control his emotions. There were also a few instances where the coaches looked really frustrated at Scotty's defense.

2.) Tatum and Woolridge have immense potential.

3.) When you look at the bench while the game is going on, you can tell who the real team players are...Tatum is one of them.

4.) Negedu doesn't look very big up close, but boy does he play like he's big...

5.) Maze and Tabb are pretty solid PG's but I can see the Vols having a little trouble against full court pressure.

6.) JP has improved greatly since last year.

7.) Tennessee fans travel really well...great crowds the last two games.

Go Vols!

who would you say is not a team player? Because on tv they all seem to get excited when we make good play.

who would you say is not a team player? Because on tv they all seem to get excited when we make good play.

Well what I meant to say was with a 11 man rotation it's natural for some players to feel frustrated for a few minutes during the game when they're not seeing time...but you're right, late in the game I didn't see that...everyone was pretty excited.

Well what I meant to say was with a 11 man rotation it's natural for some players to feel frustrated for a few minutes during the game when they're not seeing time...but you're right, late in the game I didn't see that...everyone was pretty excited.

Thought maybe you were hinting at something...:good!:

VN Store

Back