Thoughts from an outsider

First off, I am not a UT fan and hate that they have owned my team forever... but I have to give some honest thoughts about what I saw in the game last night.

1. The Vols are a much better team than many of their own fans admit. This team is miles ahead of where it was after that loss to GA St. And the game last night was much closer than the final score indicated.

2. Pruitt proved last night that he has fire in his gut. That man definitely wants to win at UT.

3. The team is beginning to play with passion. There was enough talent and passion last night to beat almost everyone on your schedule.

4. The execution looks much better than it did at the beginning of the season. The team is starting to gel... that's coaching.

5. The SEC officiating is getting worse every year. That was embarrassing last night. Is money driving everything?

6. I hate it when QBs go down. You have a pretty good one there in Maurer. We've lost our season. We don't have a QB.

7. Im afraid you all will trounce KY in a few weeks.

First off, I am not a UT fan and hate that they have owned my team forever... but I have to give some honest thoughts about what I saw in the game last night.

1. The Vols are a much better team than many of their own fans admit. This team is miles ahead of where it was after that loss to GA St. And the game last night was much closer than the final score indicated.

2. Pruitt proved last night that he has fire in his gut. That man definitely wants to win at UT.

3. The team is beginning to play with passion. There was enough talent and passion last night to beat almost everyone on your schedule.

4. The execution looks much better than it did at the beginning of the season. The team is starting to gel... that's coaching.

5. The SEC officiating is getting worse every year. That was embarrassing last night. Is money driving everything?

6. I hate it when QBs go down. You have a pretty good one there in Maurer. We've lost our season. We don't have a QB.

Agree on every point. Thanks.

Actually a dam good post sir!!!!

giphy.gif

We have definitely improved as the year has gone along. I was as despondent as anyone after GSU, but we've played hard in every other game and are getting better. It may not show up in the win column as a better season but you can tell this team is learning, or at least trying to learn how to win.

Thanks for the classy post. I agree with most of your points. I do think that our season now hinges on the health of our starting QB

Reactions: BreatheUT

I like the part about trouncing KY.

This team shouldnt have been in this game, even with Tua out.
2 FR tackles. I think they allowed 2 sacks? 1 or 2 last week? Those are good front 7s. Jordan had nearly 100 yards. The fact they marched down the field with JG at QB in a crucial time was big. Im loving the OL.
The D, yes, still struggle with pressure and leaving guys wide open. But this team is down 2 key starters in the seconday. They were down Henry T (who is a FR) half the game then Bituli. They're already depleted at LB. They have inexperience on the DL. I was even a little impressed with them vs Ga. Then they dominated State. Outside of constantly trying to strip the ball the whole D played well enough to win.
This staff has done an incredible job the last 2 weeks. Imagine if Maurer was healthy both games?

Agree on all points but it’s obviously way ironic that KYBB gets calls like Bama FB. Playing in Rupp is 5 vs 8 and it’s just as disgusting as what I saw last night.
I agree with what you said. If Alabama O Line could not hold on practically every play, their Qb would not have the time to read a book every time he went to pass. What gets me is the fans are so use to getting these calls they don't even realize that they are getting away with it. If you are an Arkansas fan, you're next. You may want to just get ready for it, the refs sure don't see it.

Reactions: 82_VOL_83
truth is Vols were a break or two away from a win last night. Nobody expected it but it could have happened!

If not for that incredibly stupid game altering call, we would have been within one score and Tua's absence made it actually doable!

anyway, felt better after the game than I have in several years!

Now, lets git er done and win out!

Excellent, coherent, logical post... you sir are indeed not a Vol fan.... thanks for the kind words..

Reactions: 82_VOL_83
Kentucky has strong linemen on both sides of the line, but without a pass threat QB, teams can stack on you, Defense then wears down. I was hoping you could pull one off against Georgia, but not to be! Thanks for the post!

Last edited:

VN Store

Back