Thought This Was Amusing...

From 247:

ON WHY JOSH PALMER AND DANIEL BITULI WHERE NAMED MOST IMPROVED PLAYERS
“Well they were the most improved guys.”

That's Pruitt and that's fine. Just win. No more and no less. But it would have been nice if he had said what they did to show improvement. I think a lot of fans would have enjoyed hearing those things.

Pruitt will never see a ring with this program. Tennessee is a completely broken team and has been for about 15 yrs. Florida is a program on the rise and tenn has beaten them 5 times in about 30 yrs. Alabama is too advanced to be beaten let alone lose to pruitt. Face the facts, tenn would be a mid tier program in the lowe conferences. Ill say BYU may have a win and maybe ky will be the only conference win this year. 5-7 or 4-8 is likely.
Guess we don’t even need to suit up and play this year.

Your parents are the real duds.
My parents are saints. So tread carefully when insulting loved ones. This is football we are speaking of. I myself se past performance is future expectations. After all its just a game. Not real life

So Pruitt is supposed to go into more detail? I don't agree.

Hey coach here's some more questions:
What color is an orange?
What ocean is Atlantic City on?
What is the primary food source of an anteater?
Who was buried in Grants tomb?

Why not take the opportunity to highlight some of their specific areas of improvement and then transition into how their developmental approach can benefit the entire team.

Being a smartass isn’t good PR. And let’s face it, Pruitt doesn’t yet have the resume to make it cute.

My parents are saints. So tread carefully when insulting loved ones. This is football we are speaking of. I myself se past performance is future expectations. After all its just a game. Not real life

Bet you are fun to be around.

As for past results and future expectations, I can see your point somewhat. That is if all the players on our team and every other team remained the same. However every yr every team has new players, new coaches, unexpected injuries, weather conditions that change, along with many other variables that can affect the outcome of any game. If what you say is true then why should anyone play since we know what is going to happen already. Look at two seasons ago, MBB team, they were picked 13th in the league preseason because of past results, but won the SEC regular season title. That is a perfect counterpoint to your sweeping past results statement.

Why not take the opportunity to highlight some of their specific areas of improvement and then transition into how their developmental approach can benefit the entire team.

Being a smartass isn’t good PR. And let’s face it, Pruitt doesn’t yet have the resume to make it cute.

Well said and a head coach should respond in a similar manner.

I understand that us fans are peons to him but rubbing it in our face is not a good look. Especially, when you haven't won anything yet.

I got nothing against the guy, I think and hope he is successful at Tennessee.

However, this is just coach speak for I don't have to tell you squat, nana nana boo boo. BJ would just lie to us and then get mad when we didn't believe it.

"Because when we subjectively measured the amount of progress those guys have made throughout the spring, we felt it was more than the other players."

There really is no way to answer it seriously without sounding kinda dumb...
Some of you guys are ridiculous...ly in love with any coach for two years.

He could have simply and straightforwardly have explained in what areas they had improved more than others. And if he had you same guys praising him for his dick8sh non answer would be praising him for how much better he explained and and how much more he "got" football than his predecessors.

Who knows if he is the guy? I hope he is because im sick of my favorite team losing. But i see zero danged reason to fawn over him at this point.

Reactions: FLVOL_79
Some of you guys are ridiculous...ly in love with any coach for two years.

He could have simply and straightforwardly have explained in what areas they had improved more than others. And if he had you same guys praising him for his dick8sh non answer would be praising him for how much better he explained and and how much more he "got" football than his predecessors.

Who knows if he is the guy? I hope he is because im sick of my favorite team losing. But i see zero danged reason to fawn over him at this point.

You've taken an isolated incident in my believing that this particular question was stupid, and made the leap to me "fawning all over" our coach. Think a little harder before you post next time.

Reactions: Big Al Orange
The problem is your "isolated incident" reveals your "fawning over" a coach with an arrogant answer. It is very logical leap that due to your fawning, you can't see an obvious, arrogant, non answer by CJP.

G.B.O.

Preface: I have no real beef with Pruitt and find him to be a breath of fresh air after the nonsense that has gone on. However, there is some real coach-worhiping silliness in this thread.

"How" vs "why," huh. Stupid semantics. If you met someone IRL that treated you like that, then you would very rightly label them as a jerk or worse.

First of all, "why" is a search for reasons, and is therefore very similar to "how" in many many uses.

Why are the Vols your favorite team? Should my response to that be, "That's a "how" question"? Because I like them better than the others, idiot. Obviously." OR "Because my dad took me to a game when I was 7 and we bonded over Carl Pickens and Rocky Top" etc. Well, the second one would be a "how" answer, but it is the appropriate one unless I am socially incompetent.

If you can't communicate with someone else when they use an imprecise word then you might as well go into a hermit hole.

Reactions: VFFL@THE BEACH

VN Store

Back