Those saying Bailey would be odd man out and transfer.......

OP, by the way HB will transfer if they push someone in front of him he consistently outperforms. My personal worst nightmare? Mullin becomes Bailey's coach at UF, and a motivated HB becomes the gators QB in a Mullins offense, wearing Florida orange and blue for three years against us.

After last season Bailey didn’t look like one of the all time top 4 Georgia High School Football QBs to ever play in that state. Now having had the QB Whisperer Josh Heupel coaching him he looked every bit the part. Given the defense had lots of guys sitting out....he managed the field & tricked the defense with his eyes and body. Looked every bit like a true 5* today.

BTW...our defense is suspect no doubt but great QBs make defenses play even worse. We have been victim to that the last 4 yrs.

Not putting stock into Bailey's play last season is why almost everyone on VN is underrating him.

And yes, he did beat out JG and Shrout and Maurer. It's why both JG and Shrout transfered, even before Pruitt was fired. The fact that Pruitt was slow to recognize this says more about Pruitt than Bailey.

Bailey was clearly the best QB on our roster last season. There's no reason to expect that things have radically changed now. OK, there's a new offense, but Bailey still has the best skill-set for that offense IMO.

What I really love about Bailey is dude consistently moves the chains. He finds the 3rd or 4th option and finds a way to get yards even on bad plays. We haven't had that since Josh Dobbs.

We'll agree to disagree. It wasnt slighting Bailey. I was saying basically that we didn't have a legit competition last year. Now we do.
and...despite what everyone is saying...Maurer is QB 1 right now.

Bailey showed accuracy today, against the 2nd and 3rd team defense ...I swear nobody actually pays attention to who's on the field. Regardless you have to give him credit for doing what he should have done under the circumstances- execution. Still needs to speed his clock up.

Maurer had two 3 and outs plus a field goal against the 1st team defense- nothing to write home about.
But he didn't turn it over and he did complete a nice pass to Hyatt down field. Keyton for some reason couldn't adjust to a totally catchable ball (not shocked).

It's two guys right now, just as I said before Spring started.

Look at

Reactions: jessiej86 and 1vol8
We'll agree to disagree. It wasnt slighting Bailey. I was saying basically that we didn't have a legit competition last year. Now we do.
and...despite what everyone is saying...Maurer is QB 1 right now.

Bailey showed accuracy today, against the 2nd and 3rd team defense ...I swear nobody actually pays attention to who's on the field. Regardless you have to give him credit for doing what he should have done under the circumstances- execution. Still needs to speed his clock up.

Maurer had two 3 and outs plus a field goal against the 1st team defense- nothing to write home about.
But he didn't turn it over and he did complete a nice pass to Hyatt down field. Keyton for some reason couldn't adjust to a totally catchable ball (not shocked).

It's two guys right now, just as I said before Spring started.

Look at
They all played against the same defense and all had the same offensive personnel available. And unless it’s a different overthrow to Keyton you’re referencing? It was uncatchable. If Maurer or Hooker had been the best performer, I’d be saying the same thing I’m saying now. Long way to go! Lot of offense to install. Only thing different than before the game is the numbers predicting Bailey to transfer before June.

All three played ok against a defense missing 7 starters. I never expected much of Hooker or Mauer in a format that is a disadvantage to a mobile quarterback. I see Milton coming in and challenging all 3 for the starting job and wouldn’t be surprised if he was our Game 1 starter.

Reactions: tennrich1
All three played ok against a defense missing 7 starters. I never expected much of Hooker or Mauer in a format that is a disadvantage to a mobile quarterback. I see Milton coming in and challenging all 3 for the starting job and wouldn’t be surprised if he was our Game 1 starter.
They gotta be able to make the throws. Their escapability should be a bonus and add options, but they need to throw WELL in this offense.

They all played against the same defense and all had the same offensive personnel available. And unless it’s a different overthrow to Keyton you’re referencing? It was uncatchable. If Maurer or Hooker had been the best performer, I’d be saying the same thing I’m saying now. Long way to go! Lot of offense to install. Only thing different than before the game is the numbers predicting Bailey to transfer before June.

John Jancekc's boy is not going to catch any 70 yard bombs ever for UT in the SEC. Nor, is # 36 going to ever play a meaningful down against an SEC WR. The pass to Velus (1st team) was a bust by the 2nd team D. Still the timing and accuracy was good by Bailey on those TDs. Maurer missed 2 not including the Keyton deep ball (IMO). So...again execution counts regardless of competition.
Just look at the 1st 18 mins again. Look at the defense against either, and pay attention to their personnel. They are not playing against the same defense probably for the 1st 4 series each. And I'm pretty sure that is Heupel trying to create opportunity.

Like you said. A long way to go. and Bailey certainly is not #3 at this point. No I don't see him transferring.

Reactions: whodeycin85
They gotta be able to make the throws. Their escapability should be a bonus and add options, but they need to throw WELL in this offense.
HB simply has great field vision and checks down his recievers faster than any young QB that I can recall for his age and playing experience. He'll only improve, imo.

VN Store

Back