Those saying Bailey would be odd man out and transfer.......

Crazy that people were writing him off.

He beat out 3 other QBs last season as a true Freshman without even having a spring. And he would've won the job sooner if not for a stubborn Head Coach. He played well against Florida and Vandy. For a true Freshman, he looked pretty good.

I've said all along that Bailey is the man to beat.

Maurer does look improved, though. And Hooker is no scrub. But nothing I saw today changed my mind: Bailey currently looks like the best QB on the roster.

He beat out 3 other QBs last season as a true Freshman without even having a spring. And he would've won the job sooner if not for a Moron Head Coach. He played well against Florida and Vandy. For a true Freshman, he looked pretty good.

Maurer does look improved, though. And Hooker is no scrub. But nothing I saw today changed my mind: Bailey currently looks like the best QB on the roster.

Pruitt didn't have 2 brain cells to rub together

I'm sticking to that because of how shytty the Tennessee defense is which is a reason not to take too much out of today's O&W game.
So you are saying Bailey who looked better than the others today will transfer because the defense is bad? What exactly does that say about the other QB's? Did you think your comment through before hitting "post"?

He beat out 3 other QBs last season as a true Freshman without even having a spring. And he would've won the job sooner if not for a stubborn Head Coach. He played well against Florida and Vandy. For a true Freshman, he looked pretty good.

How did he beat them out? He was a flyer that the coaches took at the end of the year as literally nothing else was working.

I do agree he’s the best and I think should be the starter.

Reactions: utvol83
So you are saying Bailey who looked better than the others today will transfer because the defense is bad? What exactly does that say about the other QB's? Did you think your comment through before hitting "post"?
I'm not really sold on any of the quarterbacks in this offense yet and the performance against a defense that could be one of the worst in the SEC if not the worst hasn't won me over as of now.

Reactions: GoVolunteers

He didn't beat out anyone last year. It was JG by Pruitt's default and then him being scared for some reason to play anyone else.

Don't put ANY stock is QB depth chart from the Pruitt era.

That is the point exactly the other 2 did not look comfortable with what they were giving. At times it looked like with them if it wasn't for there ability to run then they would have been lost. He hit throws today that the last 4 years the majority time has been over thrown and he hit them in stride.

I think he looked good in the offense but our D also played poorly.
The game format played to Bailey strength. Maurer and Hooker are runners. With the QB run getting a whistle blown, I think those two were fighting their instinct to run and maybe tried to force some things

He didn't beat out anyone last year. It was JG by Pruitt's default and then him being scared for some reason to play anyone else.

Don't put ANY stock is QB depth chart from the Pruitt era.

Not putting stock into Bailey's play last season is why almost everyone on VN is underrating him.

And yes, he did beat out JG and Shrout and Maurer. It's why both JG and Shrout transfered, even before Pruitt was fired. The fact that Pruitt was slow to recognize this says more about Pruitt than Bailey.

Bailey was clearly the best QB on our roster last season. There's no reason to expect that things have radically changed now. OK, there's a new offense, but Bailey still has the best skill-set for that offense IMO.

What I really love about Bailey is dude consistently moves the chains. He finds the 3rd or 4th option and finds a way to get yards even on bad plays. We haven't had that since Josh Dobbs.

Did Guarantano throw a pick on his 1st pass in inter squad scrimmage game today ? Or was that just a rumored ? Can’t make it up

Reactions: coachjp6

VN Store

Back