Thompsom to UAB (rumor)

True, but my point was that I just don't see him going to UAB. It is 119 or 120 on that list and he is making more money at UT as an assistant. The head coach at UAB makes mid 300s (and this is a guess if someone wants to double check), so I am sure he makes more here.

I think your missing the big picture.
How many more years does Dooley have at UT?
Unless they turn things around next year Thompson maybe looking for a job after next season.
If he takes the job at UAB he's got a job for the next 3 years possibly longer.
He's in control of his own destiny.

Brian has talked to Lance twice so far via phone about the job.
he has not interviewed.
He is no 1. candidate but apparently via Brian, Lance has another huge option laying at his feet.

Yeah, The University of Tennessee! What the hell can't we keep coaches?? This is getting rediculous!

Sorry my spelling was off...hit wrong key...it happens.....hardekoff says lt interviewing sometime this week...didnt specify when or where...this was this moening

Man I'm missing something but why leave UT for UAB, even if it is for the head coaching job. Lance could probably get a bigger job somewhere else in another season or two.

Lance Thompson
John Neal - Oregon DB coach
Jason Phillips - Houston OC
Garrick McGee - Arkansas OC

Those are the 4 names, along with Paul Petrino that have been linked to the UAB job. I have no idea who UAB likes though.

Per the scoop----UAB: Birmingham News is reporting that Curtis Looper and Paul Petrino have interviewed and that the committee plans to speak with Garrick McGee and Turner Gill today.*

I think your missing the big picture.
How many more years does Dooley have at UT?
Unless they turn things around next year Thompson maybe looking for a job after next season.
If he takes the job at UAB he's got a job for the next 3 years possibly longer.
He's in control of his own destiny.

True. If anyone on this staff can find a better job it makes total sense to do so. Same is true for anyone we'd consider hiring to replace them.

If you HFC sux as ours does, assistant coaches don't seek the opinions of VN Dool-Aid drinkers. They can figure that out on their own.

My guess.... much worse staff next year than this year... and the one we have may be the worst we've ever had.

When have we ever had a staff where more practice (e.g. for a bowl game) make the team worse? Of course, in 100 years, we've never had one who could put together back to back losing seasons and then convince the fans it's the players' faults, not theirs.

Anybody stating Thompson,Wilcox, or Sirmon will take another job because they are worried about the "sinking ship" is showing their lack of knowledge. Do you guys really think any of the three would go without a job in 2013?? The answer is no. They would have a job at a great program very quickly. If they take another job this year it will have absolutely nothing to do with a fear of being left out in the cold in 13.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

so now the new thing is UAB will NOT hire a UAT graduate so Steele is out as is any other Bammer alum...
LT can have the job if he wants it but allegedly he has opps to be DC somewhere or HC somewhere according to what I am hearing he told UAB>
those candidates are legit listed above but again for some reason, LT has been no 1 for UAB since day 1.
understand.....UAB does not have tons of money so people like Turner Gill are not coming....Uab cannot get proven head coach because money and UAT board

so now the new thing is UAB will NOT hire a UAT graduate so Steele is out as is any other Bammer alum...
LT can have the job if he wants it but allegedly he has opps to be DC somewhere or HC somewhere according to what I am hearing he told UAB>
those candidates are legit listed above but again for some reason, LT has been no 1 for UAB since day 1.
understand.....UAB does not have tons of money so people like Turner Gill are not coming....Uab cannot get proven head coach because money and UAT board

Thanks for the info. Why would Turner Gill need a lot of money?

not saying Gill needs a ton of money but he has been a head coach so generally they command more than an upcoming asst who has never been a head coach. That is UAB's financial situation at this point.

LOL that UAB doesn't have enough money for Turner Gil. Not true. Gil just got fired from Kansas! How much do you actually think he is worth?

not saying Gill needs a ton of money but he has been a head coach so generally they command more than an upcoming asst who has never been a head coach. That is UAB's financial situation at this point.

Head coaching salary is still head coaching salary.. The difference in price between Turner Gil and an up and coming asst. coach wouldn't be that significant...

I guess it would depend if TG has options at the big BCS schools as an assistant. I don't know his rep good enough to know the answer.

BREAKING: I have learned that UAB will hire Arkansas offensive coordinator Garrick McGee as head coach.

via Pete Roussel

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back