This why Kirby doesn’t scare me.

Ok rivals and 247 have them ranked differently, but you said rivals then quoted 247 sports? Requardless your whole argument made no sense

I like pruitt too, but his success comparded to smart or mullen isn't comprable... at all

You realize that right?
He is in year 2 and took over a crap team.

What do you expect at this point?

As far as records go, he has two natties as a head dc so his resume is almost the same if not better as he did it without Saban once.

This argument will hsve much more data in 5 years and tell me. Again, Kirby is good but not great. That’s my opinion. Dabo is great.

Yep
Fromm threw more passes vs SCAR in the loss than he threw in 3 games ungder Chaney also had 3 INT's. he is a game manager and IMO will not play in the NFL. Probably get a late round and hang a round for a few free meals maybe 3rd string, then practice squad.
Fromm got a second to third round grade. He’s listed as the 4th or 5th best QB in the draft.

Reactions: 08Vol
What play-in game? He won the SEC title that year only losing during middle of the season to Florida in Jax 20-14. Again, if no 4 team playoff UGA doesnt play for a natty at all, they were 3rd best team in the country just like Richt's 2nd season in 2002. So again you keep moving goal posts trying to make yourself not wrong, however 13-1 is better compared to 13-2 because NEITHER won a NC and if not for a 4 team playoff UGA is playing some meaningless bowl game like you said Richt's 2002 team did. So no its not a agree to disagree, you got proven wrong and now trying to move the sticks. Also Rodrigo was another moving thing, he made a 55 yarder in the playoffs, YET he won the Groza this year. They arent in the playoffs, they are playing a meaningless bowl somewhere as you say. Now he should have won the Groza as a sophmore which was his best year when he went 87% on field goals, but this year he went 80.6 60th in county with a long of 50 where he was 3-5 while Cimiglia was 83.3 tied for 38th in country and hit a 53 yarder and was 2-2 from 50 plus yards with a 51 and 53 yarder. Awards given mean very little was proven first by Heisman with Majors and later by Manning not getting his.
You keep repeating the same things over and over. You say the natty game doesn’t count for smart, then say 13-1 is better than 13-2. You realize that natty game, which you say doesn’t count, is the extra game right? The play in game richt lost was the 2012 SECC. If he beats bama then he goes to the natty and he lost.

It’s odd to me you’ve never heard the phrase agree to disagree. It means we both have our own opinions that won’t change. So, again, let’s agree to disagree.

Hard to argue against these points.
Well said.
Fromm became QB when Eason got hurt. BTW, he led GA to the national title game as freshman. The dumb ones here are the ones who keep saying Smartt ran the other two off. That's not what happened.

If anyone wonders why our fan base has been a complete laughingstock at times, read this thread

Maybe Kirby is afraid that a wide open offense, and all the little problems that come with it, will expose him as a mediocre defensive mind? He still enjoys winning games 31-14, 27-13, etc.
He isn't interested in winning games 59-42, and giving up 500 yds of offense. It looks bad, in his 1990's mind?
Growing up, beating a team 24-0, was a beatdown.
200 yds rushing, 200 passing, no turnovers, limited penalties, and turning your opponent over multiple times, and winning the kicking game, was a very solid gameplan.
The game has changed. Defenses are at a severe disadvantage with the no huddle RPO offenses. I mean, you can't even get the right guys on the field, in time. If you do, they do not get lined up correctly.
Teams are running nickel defenses, most of the time. The traditional running game is disappearing. It has been replaced by dual threat QB's. Who, in my opinion, will not last 5 years, in the NFL. Examples, Mike Vick, RG3, Randall Cunningham, Johnny Football, etc.
Meanwhile, we still have coaches in The NFL and College, that just can't turn loose of the "Old Ways".
Look at Clemson and LSU. Lawrence is a dual threat. Play calls are designed for him to run, in an RPO offense. Joe Burrow, runs at his leisure, in a more pro-style offense.
In the NFL, Jackson, of The Ravens, gained over 1300 yds rushing. Some by design, and some by improvisation. Can he keep that up? Guys like Ray Lewis say no. To Jackson's credit, he has evolved greatly, as a passer, and when he does escape, he will step out of bounds and slide down, to save his body.

Last edited:
Fromm became QB when Eason got hurt. BTW, he led GA to the national title game as freshman. The dumb ones here are the ones who keep saying Smartt ran the other two off. That's not what happened.

If anyone wonders why our fan base has been a complete laughingstock at times, read this thread
Smart could have kept Fields easy. There were a lot of ways he could have been utilized. He obviously didn’t run them off but he mismanaged his personnel and his two best qbs left.

Reactions: cgrish
Smart could have kept Fields easy. There were a lot of ways he could have been utilized. He obviously didn’t run them off but he mismanaged his personnel and his two best qbs left.

I sure hope this doesn't happen with Pruitt, we have some very good qb as backups now. I hope they stay, but I feel Pruitt will start jg next year regardless of how the others do.

I sure hope this doesn't happen with Pruitt, we have some very good qb as backups now. I hope they stay, but I feel Pruitt will start jg next year regardless of how the others do.

JG will be a RS senior. You're saying you prefer a true frosh or sophomore to start over him for the '20 season? JG has made more than his fair share of mistakes but appears to have redeemed himself, for now...to retain the job heading into next season. If by some chance JG begins the year with craptastic performances, then reevaluate and choose another starter.

Well we aint keeping six qbs. Chaney will pick the best, Kirby should have listened.

stupid would be saying that we shouldnt be getting beat by them since they havent had a recruiting class outside the top 20 in 15 years. So yes you would sound STUPID! The place recruits itself. Dooley won a NC there and he wasnt that good a coach! So yes if you think just because he has beaten UT (although he is 3-1 against UT not undefeated when he snatched a loss from the jaws of a win since they were up on UT to point Dobbs shouldnt have been able to hail mary a win). So yes he is 3-1 against UT wow, whats his record against the best the SEC has to offer? you know LSU, Auburn and Bama? You know the ones he needs to actually beat to win a NC.

When was the last time we had a recruiting class outside the top 20? Was Pruitt’s 2018 class? Maybe Dooley’s 2012 or Butch’s 2013 class

Well record wise you WOULD be WRONG, so yes you are corrected and different times and different places. UGA got beat by Florida in Jax 20-13. They won the east AND won the SEC that year beating Arky 30-3. IF there was a playoff UGA makes it being the SEC champ and would have went on to play either OSU or Miami. WHILE Kirby got punked by Auburn 40-17 and won the SEC by beating Auburn in the SEC Championship. That was a really screwed up season because no one was undefeated as Bama made the playoffs and won it all as the 4 seed and UGA was 3 seed, so if no 4 team playoff they dont even make the playoffs so they would have played in a meaningless bowl game like Richts 2nd season. So dont play that stupid game with me. if the BCS still existed UGA wouldnt have played for a NC would have been Oklahoma and Clemson!

Oh also did Rodrigo hit that 55 yarder this year in the playoffs? Because I am pretty sure him missing a chipshot is the reason they arent in the playoffs this season. I mean that USC game was served on a silver platter to them, USC misses a chipshop and UGA just has to hit and and BING.

UGA didn’t make the playoffs b/c they got waxed by LSU. The playoff committee has said multiple times margin of loss is a huge factor. They stated these losses kept these teams out of the playoffs:
2016: Penn State lost to Michigan by 39
2017: OSU lost to Iowa by 31
2018: OSU lost to Purdue by 29

Did Fulmer mishandle the Brandon Stewart situation in 1994? Kirby replaced Eason with Fromm in the 1st game after an injury and they lost 1 game, then beat that team again in the SEC Game but Kirby mishandled a guy who was a freshman QB watching another freshman QB getting all the playing time and rightfully so? Sometimes QB's leave. We will have QB's leave the current position room in Spring likely.

Fields went to UGA to be the starter. He put in a year, did everything the coaches asked, then left when he realized they wanted him to ride the bench another year. Since Fields is the Vegas favorite to win the 2020 Heisman something tells me he made the right decision. Imagine trying to have Peyton be your backup for 2 years. Telling him to wait his turn while you force him to burn 2 years of eligibility with gimmick plays. If Fulmer tried sitting Peyton his 2nd year he would have transferred to Ole Miss.

Fields went to UGA to be the starter. He put in a year, did everything the coaches asked, then left when he realized they wanted him to ride the bench another year. Since Fields is the Vegas favorite to win the 2020 Heisman something tells me he made the right decision. Imagine trying to have Peyton be your backup for 2 years. Telling him to wait his turn while you force him to burn 2 years of eligibility with gimmick plays. If Fulmer tried sitting Peyton his 2nd year he would have transferred to Ole Miss.
Two years ago I said that Georgia was crazy to let Eason get away, that was Kirby’s real misstep. Fromm was the safer choice but Eason could have been UGA’s Peyton.

Two years ago I said that Georgia was crazy to let Eason get away, that was Kirby’s real misstep. Fromm was the safer choice but Eason could have been UGA’s Peyton.
I think letting fields walk is more egregious, but I still understand the reason why they went with Fromm. Fromm was a better fit for the offense and helped lead the team to the playoffs the year before. I can’t remember where I heard this, but someone at espn said “Fields didn’t fit UGA’s offense, but if fields doesn’t fit your offense you need to change it.” I probably butchered it, but I’m pretty sure I got the message right.

As far as Eason goes, Fromm came in and had a better year. At no point did Fromm do anything to lose the job and Eason didn’t feel like battling it out with Fromm and Fields. Either way he didn’t exactly tear it up at Washington, so losing Eason doesn’t hurt too bad.

When was the last time we had a recruiting class outside the top 20? Was Pruitt’s 2018 class? Maybe Dooley’s 2012 or Butch’s 2013 class
UT is seeing improvement with Pruitt. He’s near the top 10 in recruiting at 7-5, so he’ll probably crack the top 10 next year if he continues his upward trend. Will be interesting to see who regresses if UT starts winning these recruiting battles. Have to think Mullen and UF are the first to feel it given Pruitt is a better recruiter than Mullen.

He is in year 2 and took over a crap team.

What do you expect at this point?

As far as records go, he has two natties as a head dc so his resume is almost the same if not better as he did it without Saban once.

This argument will hsve much more data in 5 years and tell me. Again, Kirby is good but not great. That’s my opinion. Dabo is great.
Butch took over as bad a roster and in year two, was considerably better than this year's team...

Hindsight.....I live close to Athens and know the town. Eason was Favre in Atlanta all party no work. Kirby should never have even recruited Fields. He just didn't fit. Kirby chose the right guy and neither issue has hurt recruiting. The bigger black mark is Fromm's regression.
It's almost like he went downhill once there was a few changes on the coaching staff. I wonder what could've been the cause?

JG will be a RS senior. You're saying you prefer a true frosh or sophomore to start over him for the '20 season? JG has made more than his fair share of mistakes but appears to have redeemed himself, for now...to retain the job heading into next season. If by some chance JG begins the year with craptastic performances, then reevaluate and choose another starter.

I prefer open competition for who the starting qb is. And whoever wins that competition be the starter, whoever it is, freshman or senior, whoever is better.

VN Store

Back