This Team is Special!

Vols2015

This Lady Vols Team is beyond special! They clearly love and want to support each other, and will do whatever it takes to win games. It’s been such a privilege and honor to see them blossom on and off the court this year. Pat Summit would’ve had a ball coaching these young women! Coach KJH has expressed her excitement and joy in coaching them as well!

1641834116142.jpeg

Why stop there?
Baby steps lol ....We use to be a team that just hoped to make the tourney , not making it to the 2nd weekend has become not so bad . This year i have higher expectations with the talent we have . Final four or bust , if we get there i know we can win it all !!! We have to get there first lol

Baby steps lol ....We use to be a team that just hoped to make the tourney , not making it to the 2nd weekend has become not so bad . This year i have higher expectations with the talent we have . Final four or bust , if we get there i know we can win it all !!! We have to get there first lol

I would say pump the brakes just a bit too. It has been a a while since the LVs made the sweet 16 so that would be a significant step forward. This team has some good test games coming up: obviously SC, KY looks like a tough game and Uconn despite early season struggles shoudl offer a good assessment.

My concern with this team right now is the inconsistent shooting. So, i think a lot rides on how soon (and if) Rae gets back to her pre-injury self and gets fully integrated into the team's offensive flow. The game against Ole Miss showed that the press can disrupt the LVs and so they will face more of that. I think Brooklyn can be our press breaker but that remains a bit of a question mark.

The LVs defense, particularly if key continues to stay out of foul trouble, can keep them in games with anybody. The only question is whether they can score enough. The lVs have had two back-to-back solid offensive games so hopefully that trend continues.

I would say pump the brakes just a bit too. It has been a a while since the LVs made the sweet 16 so that would be a significant step forward. This team has some good test games coming up: obviously SC, KY looks like a tough game and Uconn despite early season struggles shoudl offer a good assessment.

My concern with this team right now is the inconsistent shooting. So, i think a lot rides on how soon (and if) Rae gets back to her pre-injury self and gets fully integrated into the team's offensive flow. The game against Ole Miss showed that the press can disrupt the LVs and so they will face more of that. I think Brooklyn can be our press breaker but that remains a bit of a question mark.

The LVs defense, particularly if key continues to stay out of foul trouble, can keep them in games with anybody. The only question is whether they can score enough. The lVs have had two back-to-back solid offensive games so hopefully that trend continues.

Offensively, if we score 70+ on 42% shooting or more; we win every game.

Me? I’d be happy to reach the S16 and play a competitive game start to finish (like Troy did last year against A&m). I’d be thrilled beyond words and choking back tears to see them on the list of the E8. I can’t allow myself to even dream about anything beyond that. o_O

Me? I’d be happy to reach the S16 and play a competitive game start to finish (like Troy did last year against A&m). I’d be thrilled beyond words and choking back tears to see them on the list of the E8. I can’t allow myself to even dream about anything beyond that. o_O
…hmmm. Definitely lingering effects of BVS…;)

…hmmm. Definitely lingering effects of BVS…;)

Definitely.

A well played Elite 8 game this season might be enough to snap me out of it. We'll see. I'd nominate myself to be on the cover of Mental Health Monthly magazine as one of the year's biggest success stories if they were to reach the FF.

BVS Alert. Ambulance dispatched.

200w.gif

Defense and Rebounding are elite - final four worthy. As you say, offense is our weakness, the thing to work on. Rae's return will help that, and if others can improve, then watch out for what this team can achieve.

Defense and Rebounding are elite - final four worthy. As you say, offense is our weakness, the thing to work on. Rae's return will help that, and if others can improve, then watch out for what this team can achieve.

improved offense will help the defense IMO. If you’re scoring and the other team is not, then that will knock the wind out of them. I think that’s what slapped Ole Miss across the face in the 2nd. 3 -threes in line 4 possessions put the game out of reach. The LVs help themselves by being able to stretch the defense with a bit of consistent 3 point shooting. Sap their will and their endurance by making them chase you when they are playing defense.

The depth of the LV also help to grind the opponents down. Come tournament time it may help if they were able to reach an elite 8 game to help wear down the opponent as well.

This team is full of fight, fight, fight. There is no where they can’t go. At least the final four, unless they run into a Buzz saw. We will be no less then third in the SEC. I don’t think we will play UCONN this year they will back out to make up Conference games. I believe the most we will loose this year before the SEC Tournament is two more games. I’m so happy for this team. As always go Lady Vol’s.

improved offense will help the defense IMO. If you’re scoring and the other team is not, then that will knock the wind out of them. I think that’s what slapped Ole Miss across the face in the 2nd. 3 -threes in line 4 possessions put the game out of reach. The LVs help themselves by being able to stretch the defense with a bit of consistent 3 point shooting. Sap their will and their endurance by making them chase you when they are playing defense.

The depth of the LV also help to grind the opponents down. Come tournament time it may help if they were able to reach an elite 8 game to help wear down the opponent as well.

True that. Don't forget that if we have a 47% offensive rebound rate on misses, which I believe I saw somewhere, that really helps an offense. Any offense. (And second chance points really deflate an opponent as much as anything) So, our offense has not been as bad as people characterize it, based on cashing in on our offensive rebounding for second chance points.

We are seeing flashes of it at this point. Against A&M we were really good for three quarters. The fourth likely would have been the same but the game was out of reach and the subs got a little sloppy offensively. Still played great defense though.

Against Ole Miss the end of the first and the second quarter were ideally what our offense will look like in March. We pounded it inside and got to the basket to end the first and opened a lead. They tried to pack it in to start the second and we made them pay from deep. That spread them out and then we were getting whatever we wanted in our offense there for a few minutes.

If we can start doing that consistently for 4 quarters this team would be almost unbeatable. The rebounding and defense are consistent at this point. They aren’t a fluke, every team we play is about 10-12% below their average if not more.

If we put it together on the offensive end like I think we will we’re going to be a scary monster come tournament time. Horston is showing she can be big time as well. She had 20 and 11 and I still thought she was holding back and was a little too relaxed at times. Was actually shocked when I saw the box score.

True that. Don't forget that if we have a 47% offensive rebound rate on misses, which I believe I saw somewhere, that really helps an offense. Any offense. (And second chance points really deflate an opponent as much as anything) So, our offense has not been as bad as people characterize it, based on cashing in on our offensive rebounding for second chance points.

As a player there was nothing more frustrating than the other team getting multiple oboards on one play.

This team does that often and it definitely gets to their opponent mentally. It’s not just one player rebounding her own misses either. Horston might take a shot rebounded by Key who is hacked (no call) but Dye or Green will stick it right in. That’s sooooo deflating.

Twice yesterday we had offensive rebounds off missed free throws as well. Green had a 3 point play off of one. You could see the visible frustration from the Ole Miss players and coaching staff. Plays like that make the opponents huddle unpleasant in the next timeout 😂😂😂

I had those concerns arthritis beginning of the season. However, the team is playing much better on offense and return of our best player will help stabilize the offense. I believe we will be a high seed in the NCAAs and go deep if we can stay out of foul trouble and let mit turnovers.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
This Lady Vols Team is beyond special! They clearly love and want to support each other, and will do whatever it takes to win games. It’s been such a privilege and honor to see them blossom on and off the court this year. Pat Summit would’ve had a ball coaching these young women! Coach KJH has expressed her excitement and joy in coaching them as well!

View attachment 427287
I'm really proud of how far #20's game has come.

We are seeing flashes of it at this point. Against A&M we were really good for three quarters. The fourth likely would have been the same but the game was out of reach and the subs got a little sloppy offensively. Still played great defense though.

Against Ole Miss the end of the first and the second quarter were ideally what our offense will look like in March. We pounded it inside and got to the basket to end the first and opened a lead. They tried to pack it in to start the second and we made them pay from deep. That spread them out and then we were getting whatever we wanted in our offense there for a few minutes.

If we can start doing that consistently for 4 quarters this team would be almost unbeatable. The rebounding and defense are consistent at this point. They aren’t a fluke, every team we play is about 10-12% below their average if not more.

If we put it together on the offensive end like I think we will we’re going to be a scary monster come tournament time. Horston is showing she can be big time as well. She had 20 and 11 and I still thought she was holding back and was a little too relaxed at times. Was actually shocked when I saw the box score.

I also like seeing BK on the floor for improved offense. If you look at her numbers alone, it doesn't seem that she improves the offense. But the ball seems to move better when she is in the game. I can't back that up with stats, but it's a general impression I have. She turns the ball over a bit too much, but she also gets a lot of assists. I think her real value is in ball handling - having her and Walker and Horston in the game at the same time is a lot of good ball handling at once. If she keeps improving her offense, it'll be gravy come March. She's getting 20 minutes a game, so her improvement should be progressing at a steady pace.

I think her real value is in ball handling - having her and Walker and Horston in the game at the same time is a lot of good ball handling at once. If she keeps improving her offense, it'll be gravy come March. She's getting 20 minutes a game, so her improvement should be progressing at a steady pace.

I agree! Brooklynn is the most confident ball handler we've had in many years. I am beyond impressed by Miles -- and she's only a freshman!!!!! :eek:

Walker? Goodness, she is a ROCK for this team. She blows my mind sometimes with how she just gets ish done. There's nothing splashy or fancy about her game. She just gets it done. I love that she's a Lady Vol. 🧡

VN Store

Back