This team is mashing the opponent.

Volnanza

If you don't pay attention to the score and just watch them play, you will see that we make a lot of mistakes and to many turnovers. Then you look and see the we are up by 10, 20, 30+ points. If they clean up the turnovers and inside ball handlining they could be a real threat to win it all.

A lot of those turnovers were passes into the paint that got deflected. Barnes should have that cleaned up.

Agree with OP....MASHING opponents. You know it because you see the other team shaking their heads running up the court like "what just happened?"

A lot of those turnovers were passes into the paint that got deflected. Barnes should have that cleaned up.

Agree with OP....MASHING opponents. You know it because you see the other team shaking their heads running up the court like "what just happened?"
Yup. USCjr had that 1000 yard stare before the half.

This team is dominant against these lower tier SEC teams. Clean up a couple things and we are going far. Seems like some of the bench guys are pushing passes in the paint. Tide game at home will be pretty epic again.

I could care less that he felt the need to loose an "o". Their always seems to be someone who views it as a pet peeve. I no I due. ;)
Haha... not sure if you just forgot to "bold" one of your words, or if it was actually an honest mistake on your part which would be perfect irony -- "I no I due."

Reactions: ru4real-really?

Exactly. A lot of those turnovers were times we were trying to force it inside. Clean that up some, and there’s no telling how good we can be.

Our bigs need to learn how tocatch a bounce pass. SEVERAL passes tonight were good passes that our stone hands posts simply mishandled. Plavsic hasnt caught a clean bounce to the post in 3 years.

I do think that 14 turnovers tonight was not a problem, but we committed them against a poor defensive group. That 14 against South Carolina could be 20 against an Auburn or Arkansas. I say keep cleaning that up, and I believe we can. The comment about Uros and his 3 years is interesting. Generally, he’s got decent handles and is a pretty good passer.

Last edited:
I’m generally a super-optimist when it comes to our team, coach etc. We’ve had some absurd mismatches in our favor the last two games against rag tag teams with new coaches and new systems. They’ve been great opportunities to tune our game, work in JJJ, and find new scoring opportunities for Phillips, ORN etc. We’re a great defensive team. We might be trending toward being a good offensive team. It might also be a blip, and we’ll revert. I’ll be very interested to see how we do against UK Tejas, and Bama. I think we can win any/all, but they’ll be good tests. Teams with strong front courts are going to play our guards all the way out, and challenge us to score inside. I like our guards ball movement, our positional 4-5 combos, and our inside out game lately, but let’s reassess after those games. So far any big defensive adjustment to handle our ball movement backfires. Both pressure and the 1-3-1 have resulted in more points for us than half court man. I’m really excited to see us play well-coached athletic teams (and Kentucky).

Last edited:

VN Store

Back