This seems to happen every year...

Why not be an Alabama fan? Your program has the most National Titles, winning program against every SEC school, legends play for you, etc. No one can talk trash to you. You can talk down any fanbase in the SEC and they have no comeback. You own everyone.

Agree. I am about done. I nearly switch to Florida a couple of years ago. I am thinking about Alabama as well. I think there are now more Alabama fans in Tennessee than there are Tennessee fans. The school is utterly incompotent.
Bandwagoner...Shame on you

Why not be an Alabama fan? Your program has the most National Titles, winning program against every SEC school, legends play for you, etc. No one can talk trash to you. You can talk down any fanbase in the SEC and they have no comeback. You own everyone.

I mean you can. You can also choose to have a dog turd for dinner. But why would you?

I will always be a UT fan. I've come to realize that the culture of this football program/ university is the reason football will never be good. This year the excuse will be covid even though everyone else had to go through it as well. Until we get a coach that is 100% football and expels all the external ********, this will continue to happen. This administration and this coaching staff have done a horrible job of this so far.

I mean you can. You can also choose to have a dog turd for dinner. But why would you?

We are the one eating dog turds going 5-7 most years and being beat by Alabama so bad that the game isn't even worth watching anymore.

Meanwhile, Alabama has won 5 National Titles and will likely win the SEC again this year.

This is literally on Google:

1602973224674.png

Agree. I am about done. I nearly switch to Florida a couple of years ago. I am thinking about Alabama as well. I think there are now more Alabama fans in Tennessee than there are Tennessee fans. The school is utterly incompotent.
I'm utterly disgusted to tge point if not wanting to watch any more football this year. However, there's zero circumstances that would ever convert me to a fan of those teams. Or uga, or ky.

Reactions: 615vols
I go into the season super hyped and excited, only to eventually get to the point to where I’m watching to see just how bad we get beat. I get to the point where we’re down 33, and I find myself thinking “might as well make it 40”.

It seems like the same thing every year. I end up watching the game to see how much we lose by.

Does anyone else have this same experience? Man it’s been rough to be a TN fan.

That's because you have an entire offseason of not having to see JG play. Then you get 12 saturdays to see JG play and every Saturday he plays, it gets worse.

Reactions: VolforFootball
We are the one eating dog turds going 5-7 most years and being beat by Alabama so bad that the game isn't even worth watching anymore.

Meanwhile, Alabama has won 5 National Titles and will likely win the SEC again this year.

This is literally on Google:

View attachment 315286

Lol... I’m well aware. But Alabama is still garbage and I hate them. Go root for bama all you want. Hop on that bandwagon, no one really cares.

It’s been rough. And it’s easy to lose positive perspective. But sport is cyclical. Florida sucked forever once upon a time. Alabama was a joke for a decade before the devil joined them. LSU spent a long time being a punchline. Then it didn’t. Then it did. Point is, success in sport is not permanent. It is cyclical. Think Tennessee basketball before Bruce, before Barnes. But better days can and will come. As long as the UTAD doesn’t settle for mediocrity, they will come. And after so much bitter ash, they will taste sweeter than anything the past twenty years of Tennessee have given us. Well, except maybe “Dobbs heaves it.” Damn that was amazing. Anyway.

As someone who grew up on the 80s and 90s Vols, I had it easy. I didn’t appreciate the dominance. I took it all for granted. If only I had known. And if Tennessee ever gets its mojo back, I will savor every morsel. I will read every article. I will talk so much crap. It will be wonderful. And that is how I view my experience following Tennessee.

I used to think sports was simply cyclical, and that's all there was to it. But the then cycle passed us by.. And then it did so again...

Reactions: Big Al Orange
Hang in there we are bound to hit the bottom anytime now. Then it's nowhere to go but up
We've done that a couple of times now. Then we technically go "up" for a season or 2 with 6-8 wins. But that seems to be our ceiling now, as we plateau and then descent back into the bottom.

more than half empty stadiums are stupid for all sports - this covid nonsense needs to end now

I go into the season super hyped and excited, only to eventually get to the point to where I’m watching to see just how bad we get beat. I get to the point where we’re down 33, and I find myself thinking “might as well make it 40”.

It seems like the same thing every year. I end up watching the game to see how much we lose by.

It's not just you.

more than half empty stadiums are stupid for all sports - this covid nonsense needs to end now

At least we can still blame covid for lousy attendance. Even without covid, I doubt fans will be flocking to Knoxville to see this product.

Tennessee football program is dead, it will never recover. We might as well except that it is now on the level of ole miss and miss state and barely that. The 90s were fun. I am in my mid forties and I can’t see Tennessee beating Alabama for the next twenty years.

We must have improved some. It took 10 quarters at the beginning of this season for my enthusiasm to wane. The last couple of years it only took the first 3 quarters of the season for that to happen.

Next week.

Been watching since 1962, so depressing

Broken record. Has been the last 10 plus years. Same ole comments by the same ole posters, and some new ones. "We're stuck with him for at least 2 more years, then we can hire us a real coach".

Rinse repeat. Is what it is.

So...you’re saying you don’t think we get Gruden?

😎

Reactions: BlinghamptonVol

VN Store

Back