This seems to happen every year...

VolforFootball

I like pizza
I go into the season super hyped and excited, only to eventually get to the point to where I’m watching to see just how bad we get beat. I get to the point where we’re down 33, and I find myself thinking “might as well make it 40”.

It seems like the same thing every year. I end up watching the game to see how much we lose by.

Does anyone else have this same experience? Man it’s been rough to be a TN fan.

Yep, almost every year since I became a tennessee fan when a friend introduced me to college football in like 2005 or 2006. I wish I didn't know anything or care about the game but I can't help it.

Agree. I am about done. I nearly switch to Florida a couple of years ago. I am thinking about Alabama as well. I think there are now more Alabama fans in Tennessee than there are Tennessee fans. The school is utterly incompotent.

Reactions: primmdds
Agree. I am about done. I nearly switch to Florida a couple of years ago. I am thinking about Alabama as well. I think there are now more Alabama fans in Tennessee than there are Tennessee fans. The school is utterly incompotent.

Slow down there buddy, don’t get too crazy. We are a dead program but never pull for bama or Florida. Just stop watching, that’s what I’m gonna do.

I transferred to Tennessee because I wanted the big football school experience and to be proud of watching my Alma mater for the rest of my life....

Reactions: 08Vol
It’s been this way for a long time now. Heck even those couple years with Butch....Tennessee “should” have been better.

I’ve been a Tennessee fan for a long time....I’ll never stop. Although I do hope things get better. Please don’t sunshine me.....their NOT better!

but hey I’m hopeful.....be more hopeful if they had a new coach. At least I could get excited about what I “think” could happen. In my opinion I know what Pruitt is. Good recruiter, good background, lousy coach, terrible motivator, horrid at instilling discipline, unable to adjust, and great at making excuses.

Was raised watching Tennessee football. Started really caring about Tennessee football around 2009. I remember after losing the Bama game that year not moving from the couch I watched it on for hours. Been to so many Tennessee games since then, bought all the shirts and jerseys, and invested time watching, reading, and posting about Tennessee football. Only to have the same disapointment every year. Care too much about it to stop watching. We need to move on and hire somebody proven.

I go into the season super hyped and excited, only to eventually get to the point to where I’m watching to see just how bad we get beat. I get to the point where we’re down 33, and I find myself thinking “might as well make it 40”.

It seems like the same thing every year. I end up watching the game to see how much we lose by.

Does anyone else have this same experience? Man it’s been rough to be a TN fan.
Yes. Sometimes it’s so pathetic you get to the point of laughing and hoping the team beats you up even more before the game is over. Today was one of those days. I was that way with the Redskins about 15 to 20 years ago because of Daniel Snyder.

It’s been rough. And it’s easy to lose positive perspective. But sport is cyclical. Florida sucked forever once upon a time. Alabama was a joke for a decade before the devil joined them. LSU spent a long time being a punchline. Then it didn’t. Then it did. Point is, success in sport is not permanent. It is cyclical. Think Tennessee basketball before Bruce, before Barnes. But better days can and will come. As long as the UTAD doesn’t settle for mediocrity, they will come. And after so much bitter ash, they will taste sweeter than anything the past twenty years of Tennessee have given us. Well, except maybe “Dobbs heaves it.” Damn that was amazing. Anyway.

As someone who grew up on the 80s and 90s Vols, I had it easy. I didn’t appreciate the dominance. I took it all for granted. If only I had known. And if Tennessee ever gets its mojo back, I will savor every morsel. I will read every article. I will talk so much crap. It will be wonderful. And that is how I view my experience following Tennessee.

Last edited:
Reactions: MemphisVol77
I’m 27, they’ve been garbage most of my life. At least you got to experience some success

It makes it worse.

We keep thinking TN is still the old TN and will snap back and we keep getting let down year after year and now decade after decade.

I will never, ever become another ncaa teams fan and will die a tn fan but I am not nearly as emotionally involved anymore.

I used to drive up to 2 or 3 games a year. I stopped going last year. I used to fit my life around the games. Now I catch them if they are on and do other stuff while they are in the background.

The older die hard fans like me are caring way less.

It makes it worse.

We keep thinking TN is still the old TN and will snap back and we keep getting let down year after year and now decade after decade.

I will never, ever become another ncaa teams fan and will die a tn fan but I am not nearly as emotionally involved anymore.

I used to drive up to 2 or 3 games a year. I stopped going last year. I used to fit my life around the games. Now I catch them if they are on and do other stuff while they are in the background.

The older die hard fans like me are caring way less.
Same here. I used to revolve my saturdays around the Tennessee games. Today I watched the first half, then went and did other things. I was a season ticket holder before I moved to Florida, have flown up to games from here, just for the games. Not anymore, not until we have competent leadership in the administration

Reactions: Godfatha and NEO
I’m 27, they’ve been garbage most of my life. At least you got to experience some success

I grew up in the 90’s. Got lucky. My kids have zero interest in vols football and honestly I don’t blame them. I have less and less each year, dropped our season tickets a few years ago. The program is dead and my interest in football is rapidly decreasing. It isn’t fun anymore.

Slow down there buddy, don’t get too crazy. We are a dead program but never pull for bama or Florida. Just stop watching, that’s what I’m gonna do.

Alabama doesn't lose 14 straight years to their rivals like UT does. Only we do those kind of gay ass streaks because of our useless coaches and players.

Hang in there we are bound to hit the bottom anytime now. Then it's nowhere to go but up

Broken record. Has been the last 10 plus years. Same ole comments by the same ole posters, and some new ones. "We're stuck with him for at least 2 more years, then we can hire us a real coach".

Rinse repeat. Is what it is.

VN Store

Back