This Pruitt press conference...

TheMookieMonster

I'm listening to Pruitt right now and cant say the way he has handled questions in this press conference has alleviated any concerns. If anything, it has exacerbated it. He's essentially saying the same exact things he's said all year, it's Lyle Jones-esque.

Pruitt talked about how JG rarely turns the ball over in practice and has shown a knack for taking care of the football in practice. How has Pruitt coached this long, both as a coordinator and head coach, and not realized that some guys practice poorly and play well and vice versa? Some dudes are gamers and some aren't.

What did you expect, that he would throw JG under the bus? It's obvious that they're trying to get Bailey ready. He'll put him as soon as it makes sense to put him in... starting him against Alabama doesn't make much sense. My guess is he comes in against Bama's backups and finishes the season as the starter.

What did you expect, that he would throw JG under the bus? It's obvious that they're trying to get Bailey ready. He'll put him as soon as it makes sense to put him in... starting him against Alabama doesn't make much sense. My guess is he comes in against Bama's backups and finishes the season as the starter.

I did not expect him to throw JG under the bus, but does he think anyone wants to hear how great JG is at protecting the ball in practice against our scout team? Talk about tone deaf and a dumb thing to say after your QB turned the ball over three times in 8 game minutes on Saturday, twice for touchdowns.

JG should start the first series and then let Bailey come in for 2 series and then trow JG back out there one more time and then let Bailey have it for the rest of the game and see if he can get some traction.

He lost the team when he trotted JG out again after the turnovers

He seems to be losing his staff...philosophical differences

And if he continues he will lose the fanbase and his job..

PRUITT YOU ARE NOT SABAN QUIT TRYING TO ACT LIKE IT

I'm listening to Pruitt right now and cant say the way he has handled questions in this press conference has alleviated any concerns. If anything, it has exacerbated it. He's essentially saying the same exact things he's said all year, it's Lyle Jones-esque.

Pruitt talked about how JG rarely turns the ball over in practice and has shown a knack for taking care of the football in practice. How has Pruitt coached this long, both as a coordinator and head coach, and not realized that some guys practice poorly and play well and vice versa? Some dudes are gamers and some aren't.

oh my god! Pruitt really said Jg doesn’t turn the ball over in practice that’s why he’s our qb? Wow. How about you watch some game film coach and adjust accordingly. What they do in practice ultimately doesn’t matter. He’s had 3 years to get this decision right.

He lost the team when he trotted JG out again after the turnovers

He seems to be losing his staff...philosophical differences

And if he continues he will lose the fanbase and his job..

PRUITT YOU ARE NOT SABAN QUIT TRYING TO ACT LIKE IT

Yep!

Reactions: hexnut
Agree with the bold. He has nothing to gain by doing that, other than more bad press.

Nah just a general statement about poor plays that has to improve and that they are reevaluating the position for the next game...
Im not a big press conference guy.

Most coaches wouldn't talk to the media if they wernt required to and for that reason you re not gonna get any ground breaking info from em.
If there is a problem I don't need him to tell me about it, just fix it.

They re really a waste a time.

I did not expect him to throw JG under the bus, but does he think anyone wants to hear how great JG is at protecting the ball in practice against our scout team? Talk about tone deaf and a dumb thing to say after your QB turned the ball over three times in 8 game minutes on Saturday, twice for touchdowns.

One turnover was caused by the running back.

Reactions: ABINGDON VOL FAN
Im not a big press conference guy.

Most coaches wouldn't talk to the media if they wernt required to and for that reason you re not gonna get any ground breaking info from em.
If there is a problem I don't need him to tell me about it, just fix it.

They re really a waste a time.
Agreed in general.

But with Pruitt,

His ACTIONS speak much louder. And they are usually in line with comes out his mouth.

Gave him snaps sunday...he may be out of options

We will see.

Let JG start...
Bring Maurer in as a surprise and get two quick scoring drives (Bama's D ain't that great) then put in JG to close the half...

Trot Bailey out there down 7 in the 3rd qtr and we never see Maurer again!🤣.

Reactions: whodeycin85

In my experience, there are few if any guys who practice poorly and play well... and especially not in this era of competition. But there are guys who practice well and play poorly. No matter how great you are as a coach you can never truly emulate game speed and pressure in practice.

Pruitt has to get past that hang up or it will cost him.

VN Store

Back