This isn't your Daddy's Vanderbilt Team

Anubis

• Vanderbilt is ranked 16th in defense IN THE NATION.
  • They played Florida and South Carolina to the whistle (much better than us, might I add)
  • They beat Mizzou and held them to 15 pts

I'm not exactly sure why THIS loss hurts more than the Mizzou loss.

Vanderbilt is just THAT good now. We need to stop acting like this is 2000. They're not our "little sister" anymore.

A loss to them should feel exactly like a loss to South Carolina - painful but not OMG, IT'S THE END OF THE WORLD. They're not a division II squad.

Reactions: 1 person
are you serious???????????????????????

It's vanderbilt! They beat us but they still looked horrible while doing it!

They beat Mizzou without Franklin at QB. And no they really didn't play UF better than us or "to the wire".

They still haven't beaten a winning team and we're awful. I mean congrats to them but let's not get carried away.

Dont care how good they are... The one thing we always do is beat the #%*@ out of Vandy and that should never change, but sadly its not guaranteed anymore.

Franklin's a good coach, and he won't be at Vandy much longer. It's not a destination job.

Anubis must be quite young. I'm 29, but at least I understand this was Vanderbilt. It is never acceptable to lose to Vandy. People get fired after losing to Vandy. Dooley has way more against him than just tonight. But people get fired for this.

Reactions: 3 people
Vanderbilt's Wins: Kentucky, Auburn, Ole Miss, Mizzou, and Tennessee. I believe they have 4 SEC wins combined. We'll talk when they beat a quality opponent.

Who gives a crap if this is your Daddy's, brother's roomates Vandy. What we care about is TN, stop make excuses for this pathetic excuse for a Vols team.

BTW yes Dooley is to blame, but I don't feel one bit sorry for the players, not one bit. Dooley is the owner, but those players are such careless athletes. I can only imagine what former Vol players are thinking, some I played with in high school and have seem comment on facebook. They are embarrassed to associate with the coach and the players.

We have way more talent on our team for sure. The problem is Derek Dooley can not out coach, out motivate, and out anything another head coach with a better record or winning history. He simply is just a loser.

• Vanderbilt is ranked 16th in defense IN THE NATION.
  • They played Florida and South Carolina to the whistle (much better than us, might I add)
  • They beat Mizzou and held them to 15 pts

I'm not exactly sure why THIS loss hurts more than the Mizzou loss.

Vanderbilt is just THAT good now. We need to stop acting like this is 2000. They're not our "little sister" anymore.

A loss to them should feel exactly like a loss to South Carolina - painful but not OMG, IT'S THE END OF THE WORLD. They're not a division II squad.

BS. Vandy tried to give it and away first half just like fl ga sc and tools doesnt have enough ability to seize the moment. I can deal with losing but no way should we lose to Va Ky. Get real.

Wow!!! Vandy has now won FIVE (!) SEC games in a season for the first time since 1935!!! And they have managed to beat the Vols AT HOME for the first time since 1982!!!
And they beat UT for the second time in, I forget, was it 29 years? Man, new Vandy fans should be springing up everywhere with results like that!!!

What is the point of this thread?

Troll job?

Yeah, Vandy has themselves a solid coach, and I will admit that. But they aren't that good. Their offense is atrocious and we gave up 41 points to them.

Oh wow... another "Did you know" threads...

Yes, I know that Florida woke up while they played us this year.. unbelievable
Yes, I know that Georgia woke up while they played us this year... unbelivable
Yes, I know that Miss State was not a gimmie at all... unbelievable
Yes, I know that Alabama is.. well. Alabama.. geeze Texas A&M didn't get that memo
Yes, I know that USCjr is coached my Steve Spurrier, so that goes without saying
Yes, I know that Mizz was outstanding...blah blah blah
Yes, I know that Vandy is not your daddy's Vandy...

but........ I DO NOT CARE ABOUT THESE EXCUSES...

This is Tennessee....We should not be competitive, we should be winning......

Bla bla bla......JIMVOL is tired of excuses and Volnation is too..

Time to stop being the gum on the bottom of the shoe of the SEC....

AD make a statement.... Fire Dooley...Fire Sal and bring us a coaching team worthy to wear the Orange.

Oh wow... another "Did you know" threads...

Yes, I know that Florida woke up while they played us this year.. unbelievable
Yes, I know that Georgia woke up while they played us this year... unbelivable
Yes, I know that Miss State was not a gimmie at all... unbelievable
Yes, I know that Alabama is.. well. Alabama.. geeze Texas A&M didn't get that memo
Yes, I know that USCjr is coached my Steve Spurrier, so that goes without saying
Yes, I know that Mizz was outstanding...blah blah blah
Yes, I know that Vandy is not your daddy's Vandy...

but........ I DO NOT CARE ABOUT THESE EXCUSES...

This is Tennessee....We should not be competitive, we should be winning......

Bla bla bla......JIMVOL is tired of excuses and Volnation is too..

Time to stop being the gum on the bottom of the shoe of the SEC....

AD make a statement.... Fire Dooley...Fire Sal and bring us a coaching team worthy to wear the Orange.

Welcome to the dark side.

VN Store

Back