This isn’t on Heupel

Fault lies on aging QB blinders.

Same sort of hot garbage with Guarantano, remember him? Jones wouldn't take him out for anything, and kept him in constantly and it got to a point it starts costing jobs. After the Florida screw job I would have benched Milton and let Nico do the rest. Growing pains more tolerable than Milton throwing it ten yards either beside, past, or over the head completely of a Tennessee player. NO EXCUSE FOR MILTON!!!!

I’d like to see more North and South passing instead of East and West. Especially against a team loaded with 5* players with speed.

Go VOLS

Reactions: volfeeva
Hell, Tennessee wasn’t even competitive in this game for 15 yrs. I’m not for a moral victory but the gap is closing. Tennessee may have a tough year next yr depending on who comes back but some of the younger players, especially on defense, are promising.

You're all idiots for blaming the refs. The same refs and the same players were there in the 1st half. Bunch of damn moron fans. This is entirely on the coaches. They got destroyed by adjustments.
Yeah its like hey Bama and the refs beat us again. Wow this happens about every year. those dad gum refs.

Only an idiot would go for it on 4th down on your side of the field while the other team has all the momentum. Heupel has done good things but he has to know that was a bonehead decision. The play calling the second half is baffling.
I don’t mind going for it on 4th down, but I hate the short yardage play calls. We did this in the A&M game where we pull all receivers within the hashes and try to run up the middle from the shotgun. I prefer to still play the WRs wide which thins out the box and gives us a little more room to run our offense. I don’t think we have the OL to drive Bama off the ball when we play straight up O.

Lotta idiots up in here.

Remember how many of the past 15 TSIO's havent been competitive? Gotta play a perfect 60 to beat Nick & the Zebras on the road.

I saw more positives & things to build on than any other game this season. A loss hurts, but c'mon guys - we have a coach, we have a QB of the future, we have a 9-10 win season still right there.

Lets not forget, this was a CHEATING 3-win program when CJH took over...

The refs didn’t help, but neither did going for it on fourth and short twice with obvious plays. He’s lucky only one of those dumb calls cost him points. McCullough bailed him out on the first one. I still think he’s a good coach but hopefully he takes this as a learning experience. If we get up a few scores on another opponent, don’t play to sit on the lead. Dumbest strategy ever.
Are you confused? Which was it ? You said he gambled on 4th down but set on the lead! I felt we probably should’ve punted. But we never set on the lead But this was worst officiated game of I have seen in YEARS!!! The fix was in!

Reactions: Big Al Orange
Hindsight being 20/20, I wish we would have went more air-raid in the 2nd half. Maybe CJH is still a little gun-shy with JM, but JM was having a pretty good game in the 1st half. Probably should have capitalized on it in the 2nd.

Wow…overreact much? That is ridiculous.
How many coaches have won championships in the SEC?
I'll give you a hint: the last 3 of 4 coaches not from Bama or Georgia in FOURTEEN years were FIRED not long after their champ.
No one else has won more than 1 since meyer 15 years ago.
It's not "ridiculous" to see a lot of red flags with this coach and think he will be a consistent 9 or even 10 win coach but likely not win a champ.
Edit: until at least Saban is gone and Kirby gets in trouble haha

He called a horrible 2nd half. Defense had no answers for what Bama was doing offensively 2nd half either. Repeat of the Florida game on offense and reverse of Florida game on defense.

Reactions: Manning4ever
While Heupel made a few bad calls the refs definitely had a huge impact on the game! Let's start with the missed hold on Bamas first touchdown in the 2nd half. Thats 7 points. Wonder how different things would be if half of the other 12 missed calls would have been called. Absolutely this one is on the refs

Tampa Bay Buccaneers star Tom Brady echoed a common refrain after the officials in the AFC Championship Game appeared to miss a critical holding penalty.

Brady said on his Let's Go! podcast that linemen are probably guilty of holding on almost "every single play."

"Are you allowed to hold? No, you're not; it's against the rules," he said starting at the 40:45 mark. "Is there holding by the offensive line and defensive line on every play? Yes."

Its on him for going into this season with Milton as the starter. Its over for Milton this season and it will be over for Heupel next season, if he doesn't have a quarterback ready to play right out of the gate. No one on here is going to be able to tolerate another Florida loss at home. There is still time this season to bench Milton and start getting Nico ready to see if the QB change can generate a spark.

I put more of the blame on Hazle, I just do not think he is calling good games, and not just this one several others...Wayyyyy too many screen passes and sweeps...This doesn't look anything like the offense we had last year and I wasn't expecting the world with it this year but damn...From the best offense in the nation to crap...They are very rarely throwing downfield, Even when the game was still winnable with 3 minutes left it was run this and run that and one throw...It just doesn't resemble anything we had last season.

Hindsight being 20/20, I wish we would have went more air-raid in the 2nd half. Maybe CJH is still a little gun-shy with JM, but JM was having a pretty good game in the 1st half. Probably should have capitalized on it in the 2nd.
Alabama adjusted their defense. Went primary man coverage and went after Milton. Tenn WRs could win 1 on 1.

VN Store

Back