This is why we win 10 games this year

WVA game is crucial to a 6-6 or 7-5 type year. The next 2 after that should be gimmees. Then UF comes to town. Win that and they should at least muster 2 more out of Charlotte, Mizzou, Vandy, USC, and UK. UGA, Bama, and Auburn will all be in the loss column. Talk about a 5 game murderer's row stretch.

Lately part of me has been thinking that if we're going to make a bowl, we're gonna have to get through September with 3 wins.

I'm not sure our team will have the mental toughness to be 2-5 heading into the USCe game and make a turn around.

Haha, TJ, 99% of the known universe is between sunny-troll-Iknox and OD-Nationdom. I mean, there are billions of galaxy clusters between those two extremes. Everything the Hubble telescope saw, it's in between them. The Borg, Dr. Who's home planet, and that place where the Lost in Space family was lost, those are all in between those bookends. :)

Me too. :good!:

Heh... I started to post "safe to say > 99% on here would fall between sunny-Iknox and OD/Nationdom... excluding the trolls who actually inhabit an alternate universe" but I could not reconcile that contradiction seeing how sunny-Iknox has been outed... then I saw your post so wth.

Reactions: 1 person
Guys, I’m not D4H or Nationdom. Look, I’ve been optimistic on Pruitt from day one. I’m so high on him that, I can’t even let go of 10 wins. I can’t help it. I think we can beat Florida and Georgia this year.

OD, I am pretty sure everyone hopes you are right. I know I am. Its just the battered vol syndrome is a tough disorder to overcome.

Reactions: 3 people
OP i'm pumped to get this season rolling and would love a 10 win season but every stupid idea that you get in your head, do you post that hear? Lots of threads by you lately along the same outlandish thoughts.

This is why I say we win 10 games this year! This is the best we've been on the line of scrimmage in more than a decade and Butch won 9 games twice with less. Better staff, better line of scrimmage talent = Let's go!
:rock:

OMG, I just hope we don't lose 10 games:cray:

I think they can muster a good season. It all on the QB this season. I think he just dont trust JG and thats why he brought in Chryst. I believe we are going to get a better version of Chryst. He trying to go to NFL. We can win at least 8 games or more this season. I dont think the team is that bad and Its a lot a good coaches come in on first year and have success. The Defense is going to be really good this year. Alot of guys coming back from injury. From what my Nephew brandon told me the offense going to be night and day from last season. Vols have a shot this year.

We literally have questions at every single position on both sides of the ball and at special teams.....OL, RB, TE, WR, DL, LB, S, CB....kicker, punter, and holder.....and you really think the season turns on QB and QB alone? Come on man. We know youre anti-JG, you’ve said so every possible way imaginable. But how about for once, look beyond the QB spot and how bad you think JG is and recognize that outside of 3-4 players or so, that the entire starting 22 and the next 22 behind them raise big-time questions and concerns.

And no offense to Brandon, but every single position group on the offensive side of the ball was rotten last year, including the WRs. And until we see evidence that HE and his fellow WRs have gotten light years better....along with that putrid OL, the awful tight ends and the average at best RBs, it’s best to assume they’re not gonna be even one iota better, no matter who the quarterback is.

He can yap all he wants, but until he and the others get out there and actually do it, it means absolutely nothing. Same goes for one of the worst defenses in the country....until further notice, they’re ish too.

Reactions: 3 people
After so many years of disappointment I'm taking the wait and see stance. No expectations what so ever, whatever happens just happens. I refuse to be lied to and or let down again. Hell I still have a Butch please tshirt in my closet somewhere.

Burn it. Please.

This is why I say we win 10 games this year! This is the best we've been on the line of scrimmage in more than a decade and Butch won 9 games twice with less. Better staff, better line of scrimmage talent = Let's go!
:rock:

Um where? Either line...tell me who has shown they can play at a high level besides Trey and sometimes Tuttle?

Reactions: 2 people
Tennessee coach Jeremy Pruitt most interested in performance-inspired relationships
Pruitt knows how to get these players to play. From day one, he knew what to do. Now that he has 14 more weeks to develop them further, I believe these guys will be ready and fired up on Sept 1st. They’ll be ready for the season, that is where we see some real football. Offensively, Helton will have his game plan on what he wants to do against West Virginia. I’ve read somewhere where the staff has handed out packets to study the 3-4 defense and offense on what their scheme is. I think they have learned most of it, or all of it. This article proves that point. The players weaknesses and strengths have been given to them, and they know what they have to do during the summer months. If you think these players are just going to lay down, and not work during the summer months, then somebody is wrong. These guys are going to lift, work on their footwork somewhere, and keep learning the system physically somewhere. They all can get together and practice without the coaches, but run the same things that they learned from this coaching staff in just 14 weeks. Well, besides that, they start really practicing August the 3rd, but for now, I bet they are working on everything they need to. I believe this team will be a full unit by September, and no drama going on at all. The locker room will be quiet.
Go vols!:hi:

Every time I click on an OD thread in the FF I immediately run right back over to the RF so as not to bounce my head off the wall with all the sunshine pumping.

Reactions: 2 people
Every time I click on an OD thread in the FF I immediately run right back over to the RF so as not to bounce my head off the wall with all the sunshine pumping.
Pruitt is a load of sunshine, isn’t he, especially a new recruit that is six foot four, and 320 pounds and you don’t want, because he is not 6 foot 5 and over? :good!::eek:lol:

Pruitt is a load of sunshine, isn’t he, especially a new recruit that is six foot four, and 320 pounds and you don’t want, because he is not 6 foot 5 and over? :good!::eek:lol:

That comment was RF sarcasm, but no I just don't subscribe to your unrealistic sunshine pumping.

That comment was RF sarcasm, but no I just don't subscribe to your unrealistic sunshine pumping.
RF sarcasm? So, you’re not pumping these guys up? Not helping them to stay positive? What kind of sunshine pumping do you want for the season? :thud::)

RF sarcasm? So, you’re not pumping these guys up? Not helping them to stay positive? What kind of sunshine pumping do you want for the season? :thud::)

No, the players do not read the forums, so there is no amount of unrealistic drivel that I can come up with that would magically make them better. Do I hope and believe that Pruitt and this staff are making great progress toward where we want to be? Yes, but that doesn't mean we need to fill every thread with nothing but unrealistic,expectations and claims about an unproven staff and team.

Richmond, Carvin/J. Johnson/R. Johnson/Locklear/Tatum, Kennedy, Hall, Smith....

OL looks pretty good to me.

Phillips, Tuttle, Kongbo, A. Johnson, D. Johnson, Emerson...

DL looks pretty good to me too.

Please explain why either one of those Lines looks “pretty good”. Smith is literally the only name you listed up there that’s shown he can play at the high SEC level needed to compete in this conference, and we’re still not sure that he’s even gonna be able to play this year.

Tennessee coach Jeremy Pruitt most interested in performance-inspired relationships
Pruitt knows how to get these players to play. From day one, he knew what to do. Now that he has 14 more weeks to develop them further, I believe these guys will be ready and fired up on Sept 1st. They’ll be ready for the season, that is where we see some real football. Offensively, Helton will have his game plan on what he wants to do against West Virginia. I’ve read somewhere where the staff has handed out packets to study the 3-4 defense and offense on what their scheme is. I think they have learned most of it, or all of it. This article proves that point. The players weaknesses and strengths have been given to them, and they know what they have to do during the summer months. If you think these players are just going to lay down, and not work during the summer months, then somebody is wrong. These guys are going to lift, work on their footwork somewhere, and keep learning the system physically somewhere. They all can get together and practice without the coaches, but run the same things that they learned from this coaching staff in just 14 weeks. Well, besides that, they start really practicing August the 3rd, but for now, I bet they are working on everything they need to. I believe this team will be a full unit by September, and no drama going on at all. The locker room will be quiet.
Go vols!:hi:

You are Pruitt’s version of Monica Lewinsky. Mrs. Pruitt should be worried.

That article has zero relevancy to anything you discussed in your post. It just states that Pruitt is watching film on his players and he wants players that practice hard.

You are Pruitt’s version of Monica Lewinsky. Mrs. Pruitt should be worried.

That article has zero relevancy to anything you discussed in your post. It just states that Pruitt is watching film on his players and he wants players that practice hard.
Didn't I not say that they were going to practice? Be fired up by Sept 1st. That is a sign of practicing hard. Don’t worry, he’ll have them ready.:clapping:

VN Store

Back