This is the level of ignorance that is driving this country down the toilet

Yeah, I'm not saying all millenials. I'm 32, so I'm not that much older than millenials. My wife is 28 and her parents were so protective. They tried to forbid her from going to rock concerts when she was 19 and home for the summer from college....

Tell me about it...Ive worked with a 19 year old that have to get their parents to approve a boyfriend. Or ask permission to stay out late. My parents just wanted me to live free and let them know I was alive and okay once or twice a day when I was that age. I also know a 16 year old whose dad refuses to let her stay at home alone without a babysitter. 16!

Tell me about it...Ive worked with a 19 year old that have to get their parents to approve a boyfriend. Or ask permission to stay out late. My parents just wanted me to live free and let them know I was alive and okay once or twice a day when I was that age. I also know a 16 year old whose dad refuses to let her stay at home alone without a babysitter. 16!

And we wonder why we have a generation full of coddled and entitled kids who are afraid of freedom.

I really was until private school.

Something about forcing a 14 year-old to wear a neck tie must have set something off in me.

I think that's what happened to me as well. as soon as they started to try and limit our freedom, I started to do whatever the hell I wanted.

Thanks private catholic school! :)

Grew up in a military family. On an Army base you can leave your 10 year old at home alone and a 12 year old can babysit.

As the oldest child I was given much independence at an early age. I used to ride my bike alone up to the school just to pass the time during the summer and I was like 7. My parents were nowhere near that school.

There is way too much helicopter parenting these days and it makes us grow up to be a bunch of scared babies. My younger sister is an example.

As the oldest child I was given much independence at an early age. I used to ride my bike alone up to the school just to pass the time during the summer and I was like 7. My parents were nowhere near that school.

There is way too much helicopter parenting these days and it makes us grow up to be a bunch of scared babies. My younger sister is an example.

I tend to agree with this,but the world isn't the same as when we were kids

Falling off a bike or out of tree isn't my concern really. It's the other dangers that worry me.

It's definitely a delicate balancing act today.

Like I said, my folks would have been thrown under the jail. I got my first dirt bike at 6, had 300 acres to explore and never was made to wear a helmet. Not to mention all of the dangerous farm equipment I was operating young. And seat belts, what were seatbelts or car seats?

It's definitely a delicate balancing act today.

Like I said, my folks would have been thrown under the jail. I got my first dirt bike at 6, had 300 acres to explore and never was made to wear a helmet. Not to mention all of the dangerous farm equipment I was operating young. And seat belts, what were seatbelts or car seats?

Lol. Same here. Riding in the back glass of the old Oldsmobile. I was 9 running a John Deere 4840 pulling a 21' disc. Running cotton pickets, combines, driving the farm trucks around hauling 1000 gallons of diesel.

Ahhh the good ole days.

Reactions: 0nelilreb
Lol. Same here. Riding in the back glass of the old Oldsmobile. I was 9 running a John Deere 4840 pulling a 21' disc. Running cotton pickets, combines, driving the farm trucks around hauling 1000 gallons of diesel.

Ahhh the good ole days.

Yep, didn't know how good I had it until I was raising kids in the suburbs.

Yep, didn't know how good I had it until I was raising kids in the suburbs.

Yeah I bought a brand new home in 2006 in the suburbs. Was going to raise my family that way. I made 4 years. Moved back to the country. Much happier. There is something to be said for being able to pee off your back porch.

Yeah I bought a brand new home in 2006 in the suburbs. Was going to raise my family that way. I made 4 years. Moved back to the country. Much happier. There is something to be said for being able to pee off your back porch.

When we moved from the burbs that was 1 requirement I had for the new house.

Reactions: 1 person

I can pee off my front porch :whistling: but I have to do it at night time tho.

Reactions: 2 people
Yeah I bought a brand new home in 2006 in the suburbs. Was going to raise my family that way. I made 4 years. Moved back to the country. Much happier. There is something to be said for being able to pee off your front porch.

fyp and amen.

VN Store

Back