This is the 1st full season for my Vol Man Cave. Thought some might enjoy seeing it.

Man Cave Pics.pdf

Built with shipping containers and is also a Tornado Safe/Escape Room. Designed and built to withstand an EF-5 Tornado. If in the Jackson area, stop by & have a cold one.

My volnation brothers....
I personally have been inside this man cave and let me tell you it does not get any better than this.... When I say this is first class it really is. Mr. K H I love you brother. Volnation is proud of you, and you should be proud of it yourself! This is every UT fans dream man cave! I personally am very thankful that I have been able to come have a few beers and watch some games with Andy in it! Our beloved vols will carry on and make this place a party house very soon!

/steven

It's perfect and inspiring. Seeing what you were able to accomplish and just knowing all the thought, planning, time, and labor of love that obviously went into its execution, makes me take a moment to just appreciate life and all the beautiful possibilities. Well done!

Yours looks way better than mine but functionality mine has durt floors and only orange is a copper still. stays real warm though and when we fall down we don't git all skinned up and stuff. Got a 101" samsung hanging now and could be bomb-pruf unless the enemy uses a bunker-buster....That song "Rocky Top",...it's about us ! 22' under de ground. When I see all that fancy stuff I can't help but think how much corn and sugar you coulda bought......Popcorn lives on!

NEC, that's awesome. You did a great job.

But that is clearly not built onto the back of a house. Looks more like a church. What gives with that? Is it built onto your business?

EDIT: nvm, just found the answer in posts #114 and #117. The "church" is a car wash, heh. Nicely done, again.

Reactions: NECVOL
Hopefully not. However, I am fully confident it would pass the test! It is skinned with continious 14 gauge steel sheets on top of the 16 gauge corrigated steel that comproses the container skin. Frames & doors are specifically made/tested to withstand the forces & structure is anchored into a massive amount of reinforced concrete. It would pass the test!

Two things if I may NECVOL. While I personally think you should have put the cave underground, your description of how it's built seems pretty solid. Seems it would be ideal to use as a safe room as well.

Second thing is the reason I said I hope your cave never, ever gets tested is because of Oklahoma. That was the year if I recall right Timothy McVeigh bombed a federal building. They had an EF-5 Tornado and I was due to give a presentation to a bunch of school officials and state reps, teachers, and students. The day prior to that a friend gave me a tour of the tornado damage. I swear some places looked like the WWII atomic bombing of Japan. What impressed me most was a string of car dealerships. One was damaged, the next heavily damaged, and the next site looked as if someone had taken a vacuum cleaner to it. No building, no cars, just a square shape of the ground looking so clean you might want to eat off it. I had and since then have never seen anything remotely like that. Trucks wrapped around phone poles. Cars crushed as if a giant fist had crumbled them like paper. Entire buildings (apartments?) ripped in pieces and flipped on their side. I just sat there in the car, mouth wide, couldn't say a thing. You see that stuff on TV but it can't compare with the real on site view. Mom Nature just doesn't give a dayum about the works of man or any claims of invincibility. So when I say I hope your beautiful cave is never tested, I mean it. I've seen what the baytch can do and that wasn't even an earthquake, hurricane, or tsunami. Beyond that, love the pictures and how you laid out the place. It's truly Vol-heaven. May it give you years upon years of pleasure and develop a supernatural power where the Vols win each time you venture into that cave to watch a Vols game. Or simply go inside to take a nap.

Last edited:
It's perfect and inspiring. Seeing what you were able to accomplish and just knowing all the thought, planning, time, and labor of love that obviously went into its execution, makes me take a moment to just appreciate life and all the beautiful possibilities. Well done!

It was a labor of love project!👍

Reactions: OneVolNation
Two things if I may NECVOL. While I personally think you should have put the cave underground, your description of how it's built seems pretty solid. Seems it would be ideal to use as a safe room as well.

Second thing is the reason I aaid I hope your cave never, ever gets tested is because of Oklahoma. That was the year if I recall right Timothy McVeigh bombed a federal building. They had an EF-5 Tornado and I was due to give a presentation to bunch of school officals and state reps, teachers, and students. The day prior to that a friend gave me a tour of the tornado damage. I swear some places looked like the WWII atomic bombing of Japan. What impressed me most was a string of car dealerships. One was damaged, the next heavily damaged, and the next site looked as if someone had taken a vacuum cleaner to it. No building, no cars, just a square shape of ground looking so clean you might want to eat off it. I had and since then have never seen anything remotely like that. Trucks wrapped around phone poles. Cars crushed as if a giant fist had crumbled them like paper. Entire buildings (apartments?) ripped inpieces and flipped on their side. I just sat there in the car, mouth wide, couldn't say a thing. You see that stuff on TV but it can't compare with the real on site view. Mom Nature just don't give a dayum about about the works of man or any claims of invincibility. So when I say I hope your beautiful cave is never tested, I mean it. I've seen what the baytch can do and that wasn't even an earthquake, hurricane, or tsunami. Beyond that, love the picturs and how you laid out the place. It's truly Vol-heaven. May it give you years upon years of pleasure and develop a supernatural power where the Vols win each time you venture into that cave to watch a Vols game. Or simply go inside to take a nap.

I understand exactly what you are saying. I reviewed the Moore, OK Tornado...it was a monster with total devistation. Hopefully, there will never be another one like that but, more than likely, there will be another. Very few structures have foundation systems designed/built to withstand the uplift created by a strong tornado, so, they are picked up, torn apart & the fragments become ‘missiles”. The Structural Engineer designed my structure to withstand 250+ mph winds both for uplift and horizontal stress. I am confident my structure will withstand most ‘missiles” but there is not mush that will withstand a car or truck hurled at 100 mph! The main reason I did not build underground is concerns about getting trapped and flooding. My Son is planning to put his underground.

Reactions: WoodsmanVol
I would appreciate it if a couple Vol Fans that have Gator, Bama, Aggie etc., friends would share the photos. It will be fun reading their reactions to all the Orange😂.

Damn, looks like we may have found the next TennStud. Before he passed away, his whole home was a Vol Man Cave in Memphis and everyone was invited to his game day experience. Nice touch bud. I have the same National Championship picture on my wall with my tickets hanging from the frame.

@NECVOL
An absolute fantasyland for any VOL fan! Job well done sir, until......
I saw the aromatherapy or scented candle sitting on the bar! *TSK* *TSK*

Absolutely kidding of course, but then I ask myself, how the heck do I know that's an aromatherapy or scented candle!?!?!?!

The wife has ruined me. :(

#GBO
#GatorsRtheSUX

I understand exactly what you are saying. I reviewed the Moore, OK Tornado...it was a monster with total devistation. Hopefully, there will never be another one like that but, more than likely, there will be another. Very few structures have foundation systems designed/built to withstand the uplift created by a strong tornado, so, they are picked up, torn apart & the fragments become ‘missiles”. The Structural Engineer designed my structure to withstand 250+ mph winds both for uplift and horizontal stress. I am confident my structure will withstand most ‘missiles” but there is not mush that will withstand a car or truck hurled at 100 mph! The main reason I did not build underground is concerns about getting trapped and flooding. My Son is planning to put his underground.

I live in Texas and travel to OKC frequently, Moore has experienced two F5 tornados in the past 18 years. I saw the destruction both times. Those folks, in Moore, just build the city back and wait for the next one. Never seen anything like it anywhere else.

Man Cave Pics.pdf

Built with shipping containers and is also a Tornado Safe/Escape Room. Designed and built to withstand an EF-5 Tornado. If in the Jackson area, stop by & have a cold one.
Party at your place! Is that at your house? It’s funny because it almost looks like it’s built on the back of a school. But seriously impressive. Congrats!

VN Store

Back