This is not even close to being all JG’s fault!!

EC4VOLS

A QB should have an expectation of getting 3 seconds to pass. We did not give him that. On the strip sacks he had two hands on the ball, nothing he could do. People should be angry with the play of our tackles not QB. The rush didn’t come from the middle it was all outside. The guards seemed to hold up in protection. Although no one gave us a push in the run game. We have to speed our tackles up. I don't Think JG held the ball too long on any of the strip sacks. He made some mistakes but most of you are putting your blame on the wrong person. Ask anyone who played or coached football. They will tell you the same. To many people on here think they know a lot about “team” football and how it works together and they really know just enough to go blaming wrong people. It’s easy to do from the couch!

False starts with no run game due to missed assignments will get a Qab's uniform dirty real quick and make him press to make something happen. That only conponds the issue and makes it worse. Plenty of l Blame to go around, we all know it starts and stops up front. It didn't matter what combo of OL we used yesterday, they all got handled. Trey, Cade, Wanya, etc got blew up all day. WR's didn't get a chance to thrive. RB's have to learn how to pick up a block. If they can't block, they shouldn't play. I don't care how many juke moves you have in your kit bag. It is a game manager nothing more. He's not going to be able to manage when he don't have the time. KY will blitz every play.

Reactions: OEF VOL
He had appropriate time on most plays, at least for a SEC caliber quarterback, he didnt pick up on the blitz just like he hasnt ever, I guarantee he has more blindside hits and fumbles than anyone else starting in college football right now and its not the lines fault completely, sure they have some issues as well as the backs did not pick up blitzers very well but he has continuously held the ball too long and threw late, that coupled with his apparent inablility to read blitz packages gets him creamed too much, otherwise he is a capable qb, he has touch on the long ball for sure but he did cost us the game.

While there's plenty of blame to go around, including QB, our OL missed assignments time after time. Virtually no pocket most of the game, no lanes to run in, and penalties that would have been hard for an NFL team to overcome. The QB is ALWAYS a lightening rod and that goes with the territory and he certainly has his share of criticism to share. BUT if our OL can't play a better game than we saw yesterday it's going to be hard sledding against teams with a strong front 7. Causal observers usually won't notice the OL play BUT that's a huge concern right now with the level of play and discipline as well. As I so coyly stated after the first two games...NO TURNOVERS!!...I must be consistent and say...TURNOVERS! TURNOVERS! TURNOVERS! and for good measure I'll throw in....PENALTIES! PENALTIES, PENALTIES!!!

False starts with no run game due to missed assignments will get a Qab's uniform dirty real quick and make him press to make something happen. That only conponds the issue and makes it worse. Plenty of l Blame to go around, we all know it starts and stops up front. It didn't matter what combo of OL we used yesterday, they all got handled. Trey, Cade, Wanya, etc got blew up all day. WR's didn't get a chance to thrive. RB's have to learn how to pick up a block. If they can't block, they shouldn't play. I don't care how many juke moves you have in your kit bag. It is a game manager nothing more. He's not going to be able to manage when he don't have the time. KY will blitz every play.
A UK blitz can be handled. That was a massacre and UK does not have that kind of talent.

Reactions: volfaninky
If J.G. does not have 3 fumbles and a Interception, Georgia still wins but it would be by 3 to 7 points.
Those mistakes in the second half killed our defense who played well for about 2 and 3/4 quarters. The defense finally got tired and Georgia became unstoppable. Georgia's defense is the best i have seen in quite awhile.

If J.G. does not have 3 fumbles and a Interception, Georgia still wins but it would be by 3 to 7 points.
Those mistakes in the second half killed our defense who played well for about 2 and 3/4 quarters. The defense finally got tired and Georgia became unstoppable. Georgia's defense is the best i have seen in quite awhile.
J.G. fumbled three times but we only lost 2 fumbles. We recovered the other one.

A QB should have an expectation of getting 3 seconds to pass. We did not give him that. On the strip sacks he had two hands on the ball, nothing he could do. People should be angry with the play of our tackles not QB. The rush didn’t come from the middle it was all outside. The guards seemed to hold up in protection. Although no one gave us a push in the run game. We have to speed our tackles up. I don't Think JG held the ball too long on any of the strip sacks. He made some mistakes but most of you are putting your blame on the wrong person. Ask anyone who played or coached football. They will tell you the same. To many people on here think they know a lot about “team” football and how it works together and they really know just enough to go blaming wrong people. It’s easy to do from the couch!

May I ask what level of football you played and or coached?

You have a good analysis, that I currently disagree with, but I'm willing to listen to those with a higher level of understanding of team football.

It might be different if he had improved at all in the eight years he's been here but he still looks like a freshman out there and the fact some of y'all cant see he sucks is baffling. Name a worse multi year starter in UT's history.
It is dumbfounding people still try these same sorry a$$ excuses after all of these years of the same mistakes by the same player.

I haven't and won't watch a reply, but you are correct about the pressure getting home from outside. What I can't remember is if it is all on the tackles but I know they whiffed a few times. What I saw for sure a few times was that our RB completely missed blocks that allowed pressure. I wish we would run more single and/or two TE sets. Neither RB blocked well or ran well in my opinion. Also, I'm not sure why we almost never run a sweep but rather run up the middle.

UGA did t respect JG as a passer. They didn’t really fear it. You think they will play the same against Trask? Nope. JG isn’t the sole reason we lost but he is a big reason.

I have been a staunch JG supporter. Enough is enough. This offense is handcuffed because of his inabilities.

It might be different if he had improved at all in the eight years he's been here but he still looks like a freshman out there and the fact some of y'all cant see he sucks is baffling. Name a worse multi year starter in UT's history.

Well his first three games this year are better than his first three games last year and these are all SEC games. Middle of the SEC QB though.

He is supposed to be the game manager and giving the ball up 3 or 4 times in a row isn't managing. But I will give you this. His OC sitting up in the box should have seen that the GA defense was overwhelming his line and his QB comes completely undone under heavy assault. It wouldn't have been as bad if he had called down a set of running plays until his Offense got over to the sidelines and planned some adjustments. Chaney can't make the plays but he can observe the obvious from his catbird seat and keep things under control. That was worse than a panic. I bet there aren't many QBs in the conference that would have turned it over that frequently under the exact same pressure. Even some of the worst would have protected the ball first even if it meant getting on the ground quick.

I agree.

Oh...there is plenty of blame to go around.

Pruitt for not having his team ready. The penalties were atrocious.

Will Friend for taking a stable of highly rated O linemen and letting them get abused like that.

Chandler and Gray for missing blocking assignments.

Chaney and his suspect play calling. No screens or misdirections that I recall to try and slow down their rush.

Bottom line is Guarantano is the QB and, as a supposed leader of the team, he gets plenty of blame too. We have seen this deer in the headlights performance more than once from him at this point.

Okay, I’ll play...it is wrong to ever say it is one player’s fault.

But you are equally wrong to infer that none of it was his fault.

He is the d@mn QB, and he carries the most responsibility. He can recognize the blitz and check down. Or change the play. Or throw the ball away. He did nothing to help. Instead, he was an utterly inept, deer in the headlights, 5th year senior on Saturday.

VN Store

Back