This is how you build a culture!

Has Alabama changed their unis lately?

From a "branding" perspective, it doesn't make sense.

From a "player motivation" perspective, perhaps it does.
The player motivation aspect is exactly what that is about.

I am smart, maybe you aren't. Either a conscious or sub conscious act, it is still an act. It has become a typical and popular response to these types of things. It's almost like they are expected to act that way and you would be considered strange if you just stood there and said, "cool uniforms." Y'all need to get with the times.
iu
I guess it is a good thing you have no say in how this coaching staff motivates this team. Whew!

I love watching the old cranky people lose their shhhh over the uniforms more than almost anything. I love the colors. I wish we would do it more often. Orange looks beautiful with black, gray, and white. But trolling the sad "back in my days" fans looks even better.
I will admit, I am old school when it comes to UT Traditions. I was proud to be part of the PRIDE. In case some of you traditionalists have missed it, the most predominant color in the UT band uniforms is BLUE! I personally think this version of the "dark mode" uniforms is awesome. 😁

I will admit, I am old school when it comes to UT Traditions. I was proud to be part of the PRIDE. In case some of you traditionalists have missed it, the most predominant color in the UT band uniforms is BLUE! I personally think this version of the "dark mode" uniforms is awesome. 😁
That's blue? Really?

All these decades, I always thought that was black below the orange and white!

55f21e8838e90.image.jpg

Well, my wife does always tell me that I can't tell colors apart worth a spit. :)

Go Vols!

Heupel said in his Thursday presser that the players asked for them in his very first meeting with them. So if I had to take a guess, you are just a butt hurt blue hair who has not a clue....maybe you will tell me to sit down I'm blocking your view Saturday 😘
Hey now, my hair is a tad blue but mostly white. I like the Stones and love me some Billy Strings but I especially like them Black suits!

I mean, Butch did the same thing and the players reacted the same way, but ok. It's become a thing to ridiculously overreact to things or events. They aren't really that excited, it's an act. A bit juvenile, I know. No one, especially young football players should be surprised by alternate uniforms. It's become pretty common.

The only culture I want to see is one of confidence which comes from winning.
Curious, what USC traditions did Kiffin bring to Knoxville?

Kiffin stated that he wanted to “make UT the USC of the East“. For me it was an “uh-oh” moment just like Pruitt describing his first time running through the T as “different”. Didn’t mean he was goIng to fail, just that he didn’t really understand the position he was in.

Winning does not create the culture. The culture creates the winning.
You also have to acknowledge you could win without the culture change. You always have culture so the question is what is the culture. Does that culture help you win?

What you are talking about is the idea and belief that a specific culture will create sustained winning. Implementing a specific culture is one approach, not the only. I do tend to agree implementing a specific culture is a more likely way to be successful over time, even when times are hard.

Now you can debate what is a good culture. Jones, Pruitt, and Heupel have different views on this and well every coach believes in their culture. We have seen the breakdown in the Jones and Pruitt eras when the wheels fell off bus. Their cultures were either not implemented (at all or well) or their cultures were not capable of sustaining them. I would argue those cultures were not good.

Heupel said in his Thursday presser that the players asked for them in his very first meeting with them. So if I had to take a guess, you are just a butt hurt blue hair who has not a clue....maybe you will tell me to sit down I'm blocking your view Saturday 😘
Ha!

Let the kids have fun....I can't for the life of me understand anyone being in their feelings over alternate uniforms.

I mean, Butch did the same thing and the players reacted the same way, but ok. It's become a thing to ridiculously overreact to things or events. They aren't really that excited, it's an act. A bit juvenile, I know. No one, especially young football players should be surprised by alternate uniforms. It's become pretty common.

The only culture I want to see is one of confidence which comes from winning.

Curious, what USC traditions did Kiffin bring to Knoxville?
Dude you’re so lame. Let them have fun

From a purely economic perspective, how many of the same old crimson jerseys does the typical mouth breather buy every year? I'd bet some still wear the same jersey they bought when Namath was there. I'd like to see the numbers of where Alabama jersey sales are the highest. Probably most of their sales are fair weather fans with no allegiance to their own brand. Put an alt out there and their local sales will go through the roof along with the fair weather fans.

Alabama’s sales come from bandwagon fans not fair weather. What a joke of a fan base.

Reactions: Orangetoes

Heupel probably thought "this is going to be way harder than I thought" when the players asked for alt uniforms in their first meeting. "Hey coach, we know that our program is a mess and we haven't won too much, but what are you going to do about getting us some awesome alternate uniforms that make us look good." 🤔

Reactions: LAVol1
I want to see grey unis again too with either a grey helmet with orange T or all Orange unis with an Orange helmet and white T. Mix it up. I’m good with it. Still love the all white unis for away games. Classic look. I’m a gen Xer and I don’t mind giving these kids a little something and keeping up with the trends. JMO.

Has Alabama changed their unis lately?

From a "branding" perspective, it doesn't make sense.

From a "player motivation" perspective, perhaps it does.

Ask Oregon how it changed the perception of their brand to mostly good.

Damn, and all this time I thought it was about Jimmy's and Joe's. New uniforms. Who would have thought?

Before you come after me with the pitchforks, Kentucky is wearing blacks with the chrome helmets tomorrow night.

I love watching the old cranky people lose their shhhh over the uniforms more than almost anything. I love the colors. I wish we would do it more often. Orange looks beautiful with black, gray, and white. But trolling the sad "back in my days" fans looks even better.
Don’t lump all us poor old cranks together. I’ll be 72 in Dec. Have been a UT fan since 1961. Believe it or not, I really like the alternate unis. And I like seeing young people getting excited about something. It’s the way things ought to be.

Ask Oregon how it changed the perception of their brand to mostly good.
But... when Oregon started with the rainbow colors in their unis, they were boatracing everyone they faced. Recruits probably felt it was a cool, high dollar school that really valued the players and they wanted a piece of that. Alas , the coaches all wanted to be rich and destroyed the program. by leaving for supposed greener pastures. But the Ducks really had a run going for a while, including boatracing us twice. You have to admit it was fun trying to figure out what color scheme they trotted out every week.

Wait a minute, I'm one of those old cranky people. I could care less if they run thru the T in a pink tutu as long as when the whistle blows they're the 2nd coming of Leonard little, AL Wilson, and Peyton Manning. Besides I think the black uni's look sharp. If the players want them, I'm ok with it.

For those worried about alternate uniforms, this is why you do it. They’ve earned it and will for at least the next few years.
CJH even said it helps with recruiting. Just throwing that out, for all those who laughed about that suggestion. These alternates are here to start under this staff. CJH wanted black helmets, but suppliers couldn't provide this year.

VN Store

Back