This gave me chills

So, what does the band do this year? Do they get to be in the stands at all? We know many students are part of the music program.

UT's pre-game is the best I've ever seen. I'd say Ohio St. is a distant 2nd.

Don't forget Texas A&M.. They ant bad!! Their precision marching is second to none. Oh bye the way they can play pretty well too.
However,!, our "Southland" bunch are for me the best. The pregame is really good, but when you are on the hill/steps at the north end when they come down and around with the noise building along the route as they come, if that doesn't cause you chills then when they turn and start down to the stadium to the crowd noise that nearly drowns out Rocky Top and the other songs, then well, you ain't breathing!

I'll never forget the first time I saw it in person. Not in a million years would I have ever predicted the effect it had on me.
This Yankee from Massachusetts agrees with you 100%. Remember it was like yesterday in 1989 calling my Dad on those old block cell phones telling him he needed to come down and see this. And then said to him: "There are more people watch the band come in then were at the Brown Harvard game" Was hooked from my first game. Also remember the cheerleaders who were a lot closer to my age back then :)
C578DF7E-B7FD-455B-BC11-1CF8306B21C9.jpeg

Here's a trivia Q for the gang. When did we begin running through the T? (and no, I do not know the answer)

Go Vols!

Reactions: feathersax
Don't forget Texas A&M.. They ant bad!! Their precision marching is second to none. Oh bye the way they can play pretty well too.
However,!, our "Southland" bunch are for me the best. The pregame is really good, but when you are on the hill/steps at the north end when they come down and around with the noise building along the route as they come, if that doesn't cause you chills then when they turn and start down to the stadium to the crowd noise that nearly drowns out Rocky Top and the other songs, then well, you ain't breathing!

I went to the game in '16 and I don't recall aTm's band doing a pregame show. I was hoping they did but don't remember it. The halftime show was great!

Last edited:

VN Store

Back