This fires me up

There definitely seems to be more energy in these practices, whether that means anything remains to be seen. I've certainly seem some more teaching as well in the few clips we've seen. That could've been a product of the relative lack of access that Pruitt gave to be fair.

Either way, I'm more curious to see how they react to adversity. Our team last year wilted under the pressure. I hope this team is better.

This fan base waxing philosophical makes me laugh. Everyone wants to be the guy who "called it" when the turnaround actually occurs.

"There is something different going on... I feel it."
"Seems like there is something in the wind... victory."
"The energy is so different than last year."

It's the same crap going on at every program this time of year, and at this point there is nothing to indicate that this staff is any better or worse than the last, or the one before that, or the one before that.

IMO, the hype videos of the Butch Jones era were better.

We need this level of intensity all-game-every-game for 2 reasons.

(1) We have 3 cupcakes on the schedule. Finding 3 more wins in our schedule (and going bowling) will be tough.

(2) Looking at our recruiting yesterday, it looks like an April Fools joke. Zero scholarship commits on April 1? 6 wins and a bowl invitation will speed our recovery immensely.

Reactions: BigOrangeAl 1979

(1) We have 3 cupcakes on the schedule. Finding 3 more wins in our schedule (and going bowling) will be tough.

(2) Looking at our recruiting yesterday, it looks like an April Fools joke. Zero scholarship commits on April 1? 6 wins and a bowl invitation will speed our recovery immensely.
Vandy, Mizzou and SC...not tough. That’s giving Pitt some credit, which may be unearned.

With one of the easier schedules I've seen for the Vols in recent years, a half decent team should win 8. For me that is the bar. 6 would tell me we still have a long way to go. Anything less than 6 and we are trash, IMO.

Didn’t we have this same thread 3 years ago?
It probably fired me up then too, if it was spirited.

I love these drills and the excitement from everyone around the circle. Just to prepare you, so you can skip past it if needed, I'll probably start the same thread next year, the year after that, and for the next staff.

There definitely seems to be more energy in these practices, whether that means anything remains to be seen. I've certainly seem some more teaching as well in the few clips we've seen. That could've been a product of the relative lack of access that Pruitt gave to be fair.

Either way, I'm more curious to see how they react to adversity. Our team last year wilted under the pressure. I hope this team is better.
Stamina should be up this season. Big plus. Technique, Strength, and gameplan/knowledge have to be up too. It really seemed like our boys were weaker and often out of place on the field last season on defense.

Just shows how certain coaches/players can become a cancer. Fresh faces leading with a positive proven message...locker room is full of “I Will Give My All For Tennessee Today” players....of this offense can start clicking...we are going to be fun to watch. No more eyes beaten in by 30pts. Shoot outs are a fun way to lose IF end up losing.

Reactions: norrislakevol
It's fun to watch...but there's no different spirit here or unusual energy. That may be happening behind the scenes, but the hype videos are the same every year. These are edited productions. Change the colors and it could be any other big program. So enjoy it...but you're kidding yourself if you think you can feel a new vibe in these clips. The human mind creates the narratives we want to believe. Media powerfully aids our desire to see what we want and expect a hopeful future.

Definitely think there has been an uptick in having some fun for the players that we still have. Will be nice to see receivers run some actual routes. I believe our new OLine coach will be huge in our success this year. Yea, it’s disheartening to not have a commit and we’re in April. But it will come. CJH done more with less last year so it should be an interesting year. GBO !

VN Store

Back