This fanbase doesn't get it

Nick Saban's first 4 years at Michigan State: 6 wins, 6 wins, 7 wins, 6 wins. First year at Bama 7 wins.
Dabo Swinney's first 3 years at Clemson: 4 wins (in 7 games as the interim coach), 9 wins, 6 wins.
Brian Kelly's first 2 years at Central Michigan: 4 wins, 6 wins. First 2 years at ND: 8 wins, 8 wins.
Pete Carroll's first year at USC: 6 wins.

You guys would all be on here trying to run these guys off if they had the same start here at UT than at their previous stops. I would argue we are in a worse spot than all of those other school's when they took over their programs. A decade plus of instability, looming NCAA investigation and sanctions, the toughest conference in college football and the vocal idiots expect this dumpster fire of a program to be turned around in 2 games. Hell, look at our basketball program as an example. Rick Barnes had a losing record his first two seasons combined before he got it turned around. We aren't in a position to turn this around in year 1 and most likely year 2 either.

The reality is that no matter who we hired; this was going to be a rough year. We haven't recruited at a high enough level, haven't developed enough guys, and the bulk of our best players all left the program before the season. I have no idea if Heupel is the guy or not. Heupel was pretty far down the list in terms of our coaching wish list so honestly he probably isn't the guy long term. However, the hope is that he can bring in some talent, get us to 7 or 8 wins a year, and we are a much more attractive job for the guy to take us beyond that. Either way, blaming this dumpster fire of a program on Heupel is asinine and ridiculous.
What ab Saban at Bama or LSU?

I mean you can be a smart ass but he isn't wrong lol. Most of you don't get it and never will and thats why the instability will remain.

At what point in the last decade+, were the fans every involved in the hiring or firing of Dooley, Butch, Pruitt, or Heupel?

Is there some card that get's sent out in the mail that we vote on? Maybe mine is getting sent to my old address in Knoxville?

At what point in the last decade+, were the fans every involved in the hiring or firing of Dooley, Butch, Pruitt, or Heupel?

Is there some card that get's sent out in the mail that we vote on? Maybe mine is getting sent to my old address in Knoxville?
Sure lets play ignorant because that always works out.....you're completely right bearded vol. the fans and their constant beta male energy and bitching DEFINITLEY doesn't create a toxic energy around the job and the ability to perform. Noooooo not at alllllll.

Sure lets play ignorant because that always works out.....you're completely right bearded vol. the fans and their constant beta male energy and bitching DEFINITLEY doesn't creat a toxic energy around the job and the ability to perform. Noooooo not at alllllll.

Please, do explain to me how fans being "toxic" or not in your opinion, results in the coaches being unable to do their job, the players being unable to execute, or the administration choosing to hire, fire, or retain a coach.

200.gif

Reactions: Woke and 508mikey
I don’t know where we stand here, but after grieving what should have been a big victory, I am pretty optimistic about our staff moving forward. I think it would be wise for the OP to remember that current Vol fans don’t need to prove their loyalty. By now, it’s assumed. Some people just have to vent more than others but everybody shows up for the fight. I think the fan base more than gets it.

VN Store

Back