This Bowl Season has been Unwatchable

Before the BCS/CFP fewer programs actually cared about the Mythical National Championship. The goal for most teams was to win the conference, go to a good bowl game and, if they were lucky, get voted #1 by one of the major polls. BCS/CFP changed all that. Over the last 25 years it became more about who was #1 than it did anything else. Less attention was paid to the other bowl games as a result. Now they are all but irrelevant.

Agree, nothing supersedes football.

Season ticket holder since 1985. Missed only two home games since. One was the game where Tee set the record for consecutive completions - my son had a championship game that day, the second being this year SC game when my granddaughter wanted my ticket.
You've obviously never watched hand cut dovetail joinery being cut.

Last edited:
Reactions: utchs81
Did not say they haven't. I just remember during a recent bid, there was a comment about the future locales. Next 4- Vegas, New Orleans, Santa Clara, SoFi in Inglewood CA.

Build a new warm weather or domed stadium and you'll get a SB.

Yeah it’s not a stretch to refer to Yankee Stadium as revered, whether you’re a fan or not.

Bowl games in baseball stadiums are not a new thing.
I guess my main point is that there are so many bowls they have to go to places like Boston and New York and play on a baseball field in the winter. Conditions are terrible not to mention playing on a place not designed for that particular sport. Maybe it's all about the money after all.

or Pop Tarts
“Camping World Bowl” (as it used to be called) has been around for 33 years.

(Not to mention it’s still sponsored by Kellogg’s. I guess they just decided to change the product focused on from Cheez-Its to Pop-Tarts.)

I guess my main point is that there are so many bowls they have to go to places like Boston and New York and play on a baseball field in the winter. Conditions are terrible not to mention playing on a place not designed for that particular sport. Maybe it's all about the money after all.

It‘s actually a novel idea to drive attendance to historic venues.

If a bowl is going to be meaningless, might as well play it in a unique spot.

VN Store

Back