This AD Hire is a Game Changer

It seems like a lot of people realize this is a good hire. Those who don't. . . considering the circumstances, this may be the best AD hire by any school in the past decade. It would be a homerun hire even if we had no other issues going on. In the current situation, this is like Little Mac knocking out a prime Iron Mike Tyson in real life.

There is always a path forward and right now Tennessee is on it. Relax and be happy about that.
I am. But feels like 98 and no where near where we are. This is a grand slam hire in a time where I wasnt sure we could hit a foul. I'll be interested to see what the HC play is. I have a good feeling about it now. As I said in another thread, White was ranked the #4 AD in the country last year. Coaches want to play for him, but he has never had the resources he has now.

We just hired Danny White?! Fastball right down the middle, cranked 500ft dead center upper deck. Feels a little like 98 right now...

White is a really good hire, given the circumstances. But his presence doesn't immediately erase those circumstances. The UT head coaching job is still radioactive at the moment. White simply takes it down from Chernobyl level. It's still worse than Three Mile Island.

Reactions: Dkswift
The hiring of White has all but guaranteed that. He knows what he is doing. Now, the fan base may have to learn to live with the best guy he can find. He brings credibility, but he’s trying to hire a captain of a **** that has taken on a whole lot of water.

Reactions: dlravol2
White is a really good hire, given the circumstances. But his presence doesn't immediately erase those circumstances. The UT head coaching job is still radioactive at the moment. White simply takes it from from Chernobyl level. It's still worse than Three Mile Island.
I disagree. The main problem with our program was a lack of administrative support and Fulmer meddling. Plowman and Boyd made a solid move and White is a solid AD who will make a solid hire. We will NOT be getting a Google coach this time. UCF has stayed out of NCAA trouble, we got rid of the players and coaches implicated. The NCAA doesnt have time to penalize teams that have already cleaned house. This job is not radioactive. It just became way more attractive.

It is truly amazing how low our fanbase felt until less than an hour ago, thinking that our program was on the brink of collapse. Now we have excitement and optimism back already!

Yeah, for the first time in years that looks like the administration is putting their money where their mouth is. They backed up their words with action at this point. Now I can't wait to see what they do with the head coach situation.

We just hired Danny White?! Fastball right down the middle, cranked 500ft dead center upper deck. Feels a little like 98 right now...

I am going to be a bit more reserved, not on his hire, but circumstances may not allow him to get a guy he likes to fill the role till the NCAA outcome is reached. He obviously has a good eye, and I will trust his judgement, but he may not be able to hit a homerun where we are right now and may have to settle for a guy that has a base hit history. Could continue doing that or morph into a power hitter. I await his coach and staffing hires, knowing he might be limited. If he has some strong guys brave enough to sign due to his track record life can get better quickly, but it will still be process I fear. But steady progress seems possible, just don't know how steep the curve. If he follows up this hire with a HC soon, we may be able to minimize the departures and stop the bleeding. We shall see. This of course is all based on the rumors being true. Bet his terms will be staggering. I read where he was the highest paid AD in the state of FL.

Reactions: VolinMC and Dkswift

VN Store

Back